5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSSnake

Give him one more season and if he doesn’t develop cash in on him. Personally I don’t think he’s got the mentality to make it here. Such a shame since he has the tools.

flappyjay

Oh boy here come the excuses.
As a proud member of Martial f.c I am very disappointed by him. Lazy ( his running stats prove it) the disinterest has gotten to me. How does he just stand there at the byline and watch the play unfold and not try to get himself involved. More than half the time his watching our attacking play unfold as the rest of us.

Jacob

Hire for attitude and train for talent, or something like that.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
As a proud member of Martial f.c I am very disappointed by him. Lazy ( his running stats prove it) the disinterest has gotten to me. How does he just stand there at the byline and watch the play unfold and not try to get himself involved. More than half the time his watching our attacking play unfold as the rest of us.
I don't think you are part of Martial FC, because you readily admit when he performs poorly in a simple way. There are certain posters (everyone knows who they are) that never say something about Martial without an angle. When he plays well they'll go way overboard and when he plays badly they'll deflect and criticise others.

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
I‘m a big fan of him but he simply has to deliver consistently and make the difference in big games at some point.
The next 3 games I really want to see something from him.
He is good when he has the ball at his feet but his movement off the ball doesn‘t improve. He has his one on ones to often far away from dangerous areas. Really frustrating.

Wallez

If we get a decent offer for him this summer, I think we should let him go. He looks totally disinterested on the field and has shown no development since his first season here. He has goals in him, but he constantly hurts our attacking buildup by not making himself available to receive the ball and once he gets it he kills the tempo.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Has the ability to be one of the best. Just a shame he has no desire what’s so ever.
If he cant apply it rightly, it is of no use. I start to lose patience with him, he's not a little kid anymore. Time for him to step up or someone else will hopefully take his place

breakout67

Supports
Man City
If we get a decent offer for him this summer, I think we should let him go. He looks totally disinterested on the field and has shown no development since his first season here. He has goals in him, but he constantly hurts our attacking buildup by not making himself available to receive the ball and once he gets it he kills the tempo.
Not possible. He is on a very long contract and good wages.

sokol11

He is not a solution to our problems. Doesn't have the workrate/pressing ability for neither wing nor striker position. Talented but without application. And it will not come anytime soon. You can see what talent and application is doing in the Ajax example. Just talent isn't enough. Sell him and bring in hungry/talented players.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Been saying that for months, think he needs to shed few pounds to play on the wings. He should be played centrally imo, he's strong enough to retain the ball and technically sound enough to pass it.

He was shiit last night. Playing with Young who didn't overlap a single time didn't help either.
You're right. He doesn't do himself any favours however, I'll repeat what I've said before, we're still playing like Mourinho is managing us. We still have absolutely 0 ideas on how to create a chance or even attack a team. What were we trying yesterday? Barca, again, had 66% possession yet we never once looked like being able to form a counter attack. Sick and tired of watching us raise the same issues week after week.

Marrakesh

Martial turned it on for a few games during contract negotiations which made it seem like he was actually progressing as a player. Our woeful squad made it seem more important than it was to keep hold of him as it was one less position that we had to fill. If we had 7-8 other starting positions nailed on, I really don't think we would've given him what we did.

I honestly can't believe the situation we are in with the amount of money we have spent on transfers and continue to spend on wages.

Devil81

Does this lad even want to be a professional footballer?

His body language and attitude stinks, not sure if he keeps creating problems in his personal life with his constant cheating on his baby mothers but if it is he's killing his career.

Looked out of his depth when the chips were down last night but also looked dangerous for that short spell where we had them thinking early on.

The issue is in his head, his attitude totally stinks.

Fracture90

You're right. He doesn't do himself any favours however, I'll repeat what I've said before, we're still playing like Mourinho is managing us. We still have absolutely 0 ideas on how to create a chance or even attack a team. What were we trying yesterday? Barca, again, had 66% possession yet we never once looked like being able to form a counter attack. Sick and tired of watching us raise the same issues week after week.
I agree, not trying to excuse him at all. Whole team looks shambolic.

RedNed77

Never liked Martial - often too lazy and disinterested. He is 23.5 years old and I do get a feeling that he is French version of Memphis Depay
I think I’d actually rather have Depay. He was a bit Hollywood but had some fight in him and is not too far short of Martial technically.

I've lost confidence that he'll ever be a consistent performer for us.

I dont know how it is possible that a talented player like Martial can be so uninspired to perform at the Nou Camp.Its the biggest stage and he just couldn't be arsed.

Mbappe2019

Supports
Real madrid
I would be mad and disinterested as well to see rashford messing and stinking up the place as often as he has done lately if i was martial why doesn't ole try him in the central position for 3 games in a row i mean i can'y be worse than rashy at least he will hold the ball up and not be bullied as easily as marcus has been.

It is as if people have forgotten how good he was as a striker in his first season here,i don't recall anyone calling him lazy during that time and i will say it again until he is given a fair share like rashford whi has failed miserably as a striker for almost 2 to 3 months we won't see the best of anthony.

I am sure a lot of teams would love to have him like chelsea and totteham and even bayern munich and i am sure there he would more appreciated because this propaganda of doing everything to put rashford in a good light even when he has been dreadful i just don't get apart from running a lot and everywhere there is nothing else rashy is better than anthony but one is english and i can understand why a lot of you and the media are quick to take rashy side which is a shame.

Mr. Christian

Im not sure what it's gonna take to see Martial come good! He sulks when he gets kicked, he doesn't work the flank, he doesn't run off the ball. A moment of brilliance every three months isn't enough. I feel he needs to adjust his attitude and if he is to be retained, let's give him a run and see how he goes! Everybody knows he has great potential, but without application it means very little. Personally, and I hate to sound like a cynic but I feel that if you play for United and have an attitude problem, one shouldn't really be playing for United.

Mr. Christian

I think I’d actually rather have Depay. He was a bit Hollywood but had some fight in him and is not too far short of Martial technically.
I wouldn't disagree. Word has it Depay trained hard and definitely showed more 'umph'. I think Martial has played maybe 10 good games all up!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Maybe Jose was right after all about him
Plenty on here sussed him out before Jose said a word. His 16/17 season was a red flag and even when he was playing well in 17/18 many were not convinced he would be a world beater. He wrote off a whole season because of a problem with his missus, and his game is very one dimensional.

Mr PG

People are too naive. You can't change someone's genetics. Hardworkes like Evra, Ji-Sung , Kante are born not created. As Mourinho said...United need Mad Dogs who bite the ball. Too many immobile players in this team. Tall/big players seldom make great players due to deficiencies in lateral movements and lack of natural balance.

Ashish Negi

People talk about off the ball movement, Lingard runs whole time off the ball and how many times we saw our MF's to put balls to him or Rashford. Martial also made runs when needed but again no MF is ready to put through ball to him and i think that's the reason he drops deep to get the ball. He had Young behind him who cant pass 3 yards out.

When we will have players in MF and DEF who can put through balls you will see front players making those runs which people are complaining.

If you guys watch games in repeat you will find those runs. In 2015-16 we had more MF's and DF's who can put those through balls that's why the Martial movement was better that season. Even Rashford when broke into the first team had better runs behind.

Also Ole and his team need to see that if Martial wants to drop deep to get the ball and build from there then he should be played in the Lingard (False No 9) role and play Lukaku- Rashford alongside him.

I am not defending Martial form currently as great players also go through patches like these but I see people in Cafe with only 1 aim i.e Log in after that match; Bang him on his thread and sleep. We lost yesterday match because of Young and De Gea not because of Martial. Both Martial and Rashy were looking good before those goals. After those 2 goals confidence of the team hit all-time low.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Such an overrated player. Has good speed, ball control and decent dribbling but his decision making, work rate and mentality are bad.

Speaking of his dribbling, it's not productive. He often runs into blind alleys and loses it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I see certain Martial fanatics have been noticeably absent in recent weeks. When Jose isn’t there to blame, and despite his indiscretions, was clearly right about Martial. Has all the talent in the world but the attitude of a spoilt child.

Jacob

People are too naive. You can't change someone's genetics. Hardworkes like Evra, Ji-Sung , Kante are born not created. As Mourinho said...United need Mad Dogs who bite the ball. Too many immobile players in this team. Tall/big players seldom make great players due to deficiencies in lateral movements and lack of natural balance.
Mourinho himself only bought players above 185cm.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What have genetics have to do with being a hard worker :lol: ? What you're saying is absolutely bonkers

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Happy to let him go this summer if he wants to. Doesnt deliver enough (in terms of assist of goal) and really seems to have reached his peak already.

Compare him with Son Mane or Sterling and you ll be forced to reckon that he s way below the required standard.

I d rather sell him and ise the Pogba s transfer to sign Asensio instead of him.

I would even take Bale (for cheap) instead of Martial

Ban

I would be mad and disinterested as well to see rashford messing and stinking up the place as often as he has done lately if i was martial why doesn't ole try him in the central position for 3 games in a row i mean i can'y be worse than rashy at least he will hold the ball up and not be bullied as easily as marcus has been.

It is as if people have forgotten how good he was as a striker in his first season here,i don't recall anyone calling him lazy during that time and i will say it again until he is given a fair share like rashford whi has failed miserably as a striker for almost 2 to 3 months we won't see the best of anthony.

I am sure a lot of teams would love to have him like chelsea and totteham and even bayern munich and i am sure there he would more appreciated because this propaganda of doing everything to put rashford in a good light even when he has been dreadful i just don't get apart from running a lot and everywhere there is nothing else rashy is better than anthony but one is english and i can understand why a lot of you and the media are quick to take rashy side which is a shame.
What a first post.. You'll shine here with posts like that. Literally everything with it is wrong.

Janson

Not what I said, i was merely saying I was wrong, in more way than 1.
Ok. But I still can't understand why you would be so optimistic about him having a good performance against Barcelona, considering his form.

Raven

Ok. But I still can't understand why you would be so optimistic about him having a good performance against Barcelona, considering his form.
I was confident of our entire team having a good performance, despite our form. It's just optimism.

Jeffthered

Whenever you feel like he might come good enough after all, please remember we just handled him a new contract worth 250k a week.

That’s three times what Mané and Sane earn, twice than Bernardo Silva and Son, 50% more than Sterling, and 20% more than Salah and Hazard.

That’s how stupid we are.
Is this actually correct? If so then we have some major problems at the club.

Janson

Don't understand how he can play in the same league as guys like Mane, Sane, Salah, Sterling, see the gains that the tempo and intensity they play at brings them and then approach football as he does. Technically he is no less talented than any of them, but hunger, desire, wanting to improve... he should be embarrassed.

Wake up Martial, your peak years are gone before you know it, the way he is going he will end up this generations Anelka or Quaresma.
Anelka was pretty good and important for Chelsea's success. I don't see Martial ever reaching that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.