5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

m1tch

You know you've disappointed your manager when you're left on the bench whilst Sanchez and McT are brought on to push for a goal.

Aloysius's Back 3

Gutted he didn't come on.

Would he have done anything? Possibly not but atleast he'd have attempted to take his man on which he consistently does.

K13

Nope, but I've watched every game he's played for the last 3 years. His mentality is clear.

Downed tools as soon as he got his giant contract earlier in the season.
I have as well and I have not seen him down tools. His problem is he does not run around needlessly. He is very calculating and clever. He and Pogba are the only 2 players we have who are able to react to what a defender does and can choose the right skill to perform. It is why they both make the game look so easy.

I honestly would not blame him if he left. Rashford is the main guy, the one who gets all the compliments and the backing. Martial needs the same but I don't think he will get it with us. He will go and be world class eventually elsewhere.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
So management clearly believes in him and gives him a big contract.

Plays like shit for a while just like the rest of the team.

Then we badly need a goal and our best finisher stays on the bench.

crossy1686

career ending
I have as well and I have not seen him down tools. His problem is he does not run around needlessly. He is very calculating and clever. He and Pogba are the only 2 players we have who are able to react to what a defender does and can choose the right skill to perform. It is why they both make the game look so easy.

I honestly would not blame him if he left. Rashford is the main guy, the one who gets all the compliments and the backing. Martial needs the same but I don't think he will get it with us. He will go and be world class eventually elsewhere.
You are seeing very different things to the rest of us.

We press from the front now, Martial doesn't, he does what ever he wants to. That's not needless running, that's a game plan he is either unwilling or unable to execute. A front press doesn't work unless all your forwards do it.

If he's so clever, why does he continue to do the same thing he did on his debut over and over again? Drift out to the touch line, wait for the ball to feet, run at the RB, try to cut inside, get dispossessed or take a shot. Any decent PL RB can deal with that, especially when that's all he does.

He will leave us, but not this summer as he'd just signed a big fat contract, but next summer after another season of being a disappointment and not developing, he'll leave and end up at a second rate European club which will be the beginning of him bouncing around to a new club every two seasons because he's 'misunderstood'.

He has done nothing in his time at United to convince anyone he's going to be world class. In fact, everyone who's managed him have said, hard work beats talent all day long.

Aloysius's Back 3

He's had many chances lately and taken none of them. I'm pretty sure he'd of floated around and offered little if he did actually come on
No difference than anyone else. Tactically he was the only attacking player we had apart from sanchez & all we needed someone else to atleast try something different.

K13

You are seeing very different things to the rest of us.

We press from the front now, Martial doesn't, he does what ever he wants to. That's not needless running, that's a game plan he is either unwilling or unable to execute. A front press doesn't work unless all your forwards do it.

If he's so clever, why does he continue to do the same thing he did on his debut over and over again? Drift out to the touch line, wait for the ball to feet, run at the RB, try to cut inside, get dispossessed or take a shot. Any decent PL RB can deal with that, especially when that's all he does.

He will leave us, but not this summer as he'd just signed a big fat contract, but next summer after another season of being a disappointment and not developing, he'll leave and end up at a second rate European club which will be the beginning of him bouncing around to a new club every two seasons because he's 'misunderstood'.

He has done nothing in his time at United to convince anyone he's going to be world class. In fact, everyone who's managed him have said, hard work beats talent all day long.
A front press is about positioning - not chasing after the ball like a maniac and allowing them to play around you. It is proactive and prevents the opposition playing the ball where they want to. Something he does extremely well and hence why his stats show he has made the most interceptions out of all out front players despite Lukaku and Rashford playing more.

He has done so many things in his time with us to show what a top class talent he is. You may not rate him but Ole does, so does Carrick and more importantly Deschamps who thinks he is a top player. Deschamps the man who has dispensed with any talent that is not 100% team orientated or displays the wrong attitude but he picks Martial every time when he is on form.

So lets respectfully disagree with one another and pick this up in say 12 months time. I think he will be in the running for the PFA player of the year if he can stay injury free. You think he will be leaving for some second rate European club. Time will tell.

crossy1686

career ending
A front press is about positioning - not chasing after the ball like a maniac and allowing them to play around you. It is proactive and prevents the opposition playing the ball where they want to. Something he does extremely well and hence why his stats show he has made the most interceptions out of all out front players despite Lukaku and Rashford playing more.

He has done so many things in his time with us to show what a top class talent he is. You may not rate him but Ole does, so does Carrick and more importantly Deschamps who thinks he is a top player. Deschamps the man who has dispensed with any talent that is not 100% team orientated or displays the wrong attitude but he picks Martial every time when he is on form.

So lets respectfully disagree with one another and pick this up in say 12 months time. I think he will be in the running for the PFA player of the year if he can stay injury free. You think he will be leaving for some second rate European club. Time will tell.
He thinks he's that great that he refused to pick him for the World Cup? Which France won without him?

I'll agree to disagree with you on the other things and I'll be happy to pick this up next summer. I would prefer it if you were right in this instance.

C'est Moi Cantona

Glad he didn't come in tbh, he'd have taken some right stick if he had.

Last game he came on he got the ball and just passed it to neared player as quickly as he could, then he'd make a run but point for the passing player to play it to someone else, he just doesn't seem willing to try the runs with the ball that made him look half decent.

He looks like a luxury player more and more, and one that will only function when everything is perfect for him, so he's no use right now.

K13

He thinks he's that great that he refused to pick him for the World Cup? Which France won without him?

I'll agree to disagree with you on the other things and I'll be happy to pick this up next summer. I would prefer it if you were right in this instance.
Hence why I said when on form .. which he wasn't second half of last season because Sanchez came in and effectively took his position.

Bwuk

I actually think he’ll be gone this summer and we’ll actively try to shift him.

I really like him as a player, but I don’t think he’s what Ole is after, and we’ll struggle to get rid of Sanchez.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If that Twitter thread is true (no idea if it is or not) it explains why Lukaku and Rashford did start, and why Alexis came on. You could argue that Martial is more talented than all of them, but if hes not going to put the effort in then he can't play.

0le

Hoddy‏ @redhod99

He was essentially refusing to do it. He was 20 seconds behind what the others were doing and it was half hearted. Then they went off doing shooting drills and he stood with his arms behind his back watching. The coaches were onto it and a few players joked with him about it

humdinger

You know you've disappointed your manager when you're left on the bench whilst Sanchez and McT are brought on to push for a goal.
That’s what I was thinking. He could potentially have had a big impact running at that defence and we needed some finishing ability and speed yet he didn’t get a sniff. He must be in the doghouse.

izec

We buy players with massive attitude problems. I mean football isnt the same as back then and more players are rotten due to money or whatever, but we have assembled a precious group the last few years here. We couldn't have done worse even if tried. A random and unprofessional bunch of cnuts.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Worth noting this is from the observation of a random fan at the stadium

Greck

It's a random fan reading body language. Let's wait 24 hours to see any media outlet corroborate the story. I'll take even the Sun

C'est Moi Cantona

That’s what I was thinking. He could potentially have had a big impact running at that defence and we needed some finishing ability and speed yet he didn’t get a sniff. He must be in the doghouse.
He's been the worst of the lot recently, so I understand it, would have understood it if he hadn't even made the bench and one of kids had instead.

His demeanour and laid back approach looks cool when he backs it up, but it just looks terrible when he doesn't, which is most of the time now, I still want him to stay as he could be great if we ever get a decent side together, but he's not what we needed today, or probably for a while.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Maybe he was injured and realised that during warm up? I don't know, maybe we should wait until Ole confims this story. Sounds like BS to me

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Maybe he was injured and realised that during warm up? I don't know, maybe we should wait until Ole confims this story. Sounds like BS to me
Tbf even if true Ole won't be publically confirming it.

NinjaFletch

Whether something happened or not, it's almost impressive how quickly he's managed to burn through trust with a new manager.

RedDevil5

There's video out there now of him doing nothing in warmups. Can't link due to being a new member.

Get rid of this guy. Mourinho was right about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.