5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

First game back but theres something not quite right and I wonder whether like quite a few we saw last night, their careers have stagnated here and maybe it's time to move them on.

CA1

Typical performance from this individual. Not good enough.

I'm sure PSG, Real Madrid, the Brazil 1970 team, The Harlem Globetrotters will all be along shortly to put him out of his misery and turn him into the next Pele...

tonnas

First game back but theres something not quite right and I wonder whether like quite a few we saw last night, their careers have stagnated here and maybe it's time to move them on.
its the first match of preseason!!!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So much nonsense already based on first preseason game. It's a first game to build up fitness ffs. If he doesn't play well by the time tour ends then we have problem, not in the first game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Think his transfer thread is closed. Hopefully Woodward also convinces him to sign new contract.

I'm glad the board want to keep him at the club - I hope McKenna can help him improve his game.

Greck

Think his transfer thread is closed. Hopefully Woodward also convinces him to sign new contract.
His raw productivity isn't actually the problem especially since the guy ahead of him had worse production over a sizable portion of the season

Kearnkoff69

I thought he was just fine against Club America. Not brilliant, but he did set up the chance for Mata that hit the post in the first half. He looked lively on the ball, I thought.

Member 90887

IF he wants to leave, we should just let him leave. If he doesn't even want to try after half a season of not being favored, he doesn't belong here. Especially considering the fact that the fans have been behind him from day one and he doesn't even give a shit to try again. It's not like he is nearing the end of his career and/or being paid peanuts and/or playing at Leicester city.

I don't understand people wanting to keep someone that doesn't wanna be here. We're not talking about Messi, he's a 22 years old who showed only sparks of talents up until now. He has bags of potential, we all know it but what good is potential if he never fullfils it. He definitely won't with his current mentality.

I would swap with Willian + cash in a heartbeat. It would give us an RW and a bit of cash.

We have Alexis on the left, Rashford can play there as well and he isn't far from Martial's level.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
IF he wants to leave, we should just let him leave. If he doesn't even want to try after half a season of not being favored, he doesn't belong here. Especially considering the fact that the fans have been behind him from day one and he doesn't even give a shit to try again. It's not like he is nearing the end of his career and/or being paid peanuts and/or playing at Leicester city.

I don't understand people wanting to keep someone that doesn't wanna be here. We're not talking about Messi, he's a 22 years old who showed only sparks of talents up until now. He has bags of potential, we all know it but what good is potential if he never fullfils it. He definitely won't with his current mentality.

I would swap with Willian + cash in a heartbeat. It would give us an RW and a bit of cash.

We have Alexis on the left, Rashford can play there as well and he isn't far from Martial's level.
All the journalists have said his attitude has been spot on, which has increased our determination to keep him.

spiriticon

Come on Martial. Let's have a standout year and we'll all start talking about renewals next year.

haram

Unless he plays closer to the striker I dont see how he is gonna show much more.

Member 90887

All the journalists have said his attitude has been spot on, which has increased our determination to keep him.
I'm talking about the part where he wants to leave instead of fighting for his place.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm talking about the part where he wants to leave instead of fighting for his place.
Loads of players leave cause of playing time
Just natural. He is entitled to believe there are too many players in his position. Doesn't mean he's not going to give his utmost while he's still here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He looked determined, sharp and played with a point to prove last year during pre-season and in the first half of the season. Was playing well, was working hard, was having a huge impact, etc..

Looks the opposite this pre-season so far, like his work-rate is normal and nothing awful but he's just looked sloppy, slow and just doesn't seem like he has that hunger to break into the starting 11 anymore (or doesn't believe that Mourinho would give him the role even if he played well, given that that's what happened last season).

OldSchoolManc

I’d snap anyone’s hand off for anything 60 million or above.
Has a point to prove but doesn’t look interested.
Lad has no hunger.

Ban

He's not putting any effort as if he knows he won't get any chances anyway. Should have been hugged more but won't be hugged at all this season imo.

el3mel

He's mentally off.

Time to part companies for everyone's sake. He needs a new club and we need a RW.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He looked determined, sharp and played with a point to prove last year during pre-season and in the first half of the season. Was playing well, was working hard, was having a huge impact, etc..

Looks the opposite this pre-season so far, like his work-rate is normal and nothing awful but he's just looked sloppy, slow and just doesn't seem like he has that hunger to break into the starting 11 anymore (or doesn't believe that Mourinho would give him the role even if he played well, given that that's what happened last season).
If you’re trying to say he was useless tonight, I agree. Absolutely dismal display from someone who supposedly has a point to prove, even if only to other clubs he’s trying to impress. Seemed to get noticeably worse when he switched to his supposed preferred left wing too.

Eddy_JukeZ

A really bad and disappointing showing from Martial.

If he wants to leave, and a club offers us something near what we value him, I'd take it and sell.

We've lost better players and survived and he's stagnated since he's arrived.

bosnian_red

I’d snap anyone’s hand off for anything 60 million or above.
Has a point to prove but doesn’t look interested.
Lad has no hunger.
He had the hunger last year and played like he had a point to prove and did really well. Mourinho and Woodward then bought Sanchez to play in the exact positions that he does and he was pretty instantly dropped. It's like it got to a point where he just doesn't see a future for himself here so it really is pointless keeping him.

Baxter

Is this not a bit of an overreaction 2 matches into pre season?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Loads of players leave cause of playing time
Just natural. He is entitled to believe there are too many players in his position. Doesn't mean he's not going to give his utmost while he's still here.
There's positions to be had. I'd be doing everything to get that right side nailed down if I was Martial. There's very little in his way there and he doesn't have to be particularly mind blowing to get it. Just impressive enough consistently, which he always fails to do. He could claim that side until Alexis leaves.

Just doesn't come across as having what it takes here to me. While Rashford has his dodgy moments and on/off form, I'm far more confident about him and his attitude.

bosnian_red

If you’re trying to say he was useless tonight, I agree. Absolutely dismal display from someone who supposedly has a point to prove, even if only to other clubs he’s trying to impress. Seemed to get noticeably worse when he switched to his supposed preferred left wing too.
Yeah trying to say that last year during pre-season and the start of the season he looked completely different. Just looks so disinterested now and sloppy as feck whenever he gets on the ball too.

I understand why he'd want to leave given how last season went and how our squad is shaped, as there really isn't space for both Martial and Rashford in our squad considering Sanchez and Lukaku are automatic picks, but he's not even worth keeping as a squad option given that he's never going to be anywhere close to his best in the situation he's in now.

kirk buttercup

Needs to change his attitude he's not world class yet and never will be with that attitude . Spends way too many Games Strolling around Half arsed ( I know tonight was a friendly but he has a point to prove )

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He had the hunger last year and played like he had a point to prove and did really well. Mourinho and Woodward then bought Sanchez to play in the exact positions that he does and he was pretty instantly dropped. It's like it got to a point where he just doesn't see a future for himself here so it really is pointless keeping him.
Nonsense. He put in plenty of shitty performances last season before we signed Sanchez. In fact, his only really good performances came off the bench. So bored of this myth about him being class until the nasty man, Sanchez took his spot in the team.

R10Football

Its the second game for goodness sake in hot weather. Its all about fitness at this point. He gets no service outside of Perrera, and was playing out of position(striker is not his position). Chill out, he's here to stay, cant let a good player rot on the bench, because of a bad second preseason game.

Status
Not open for further replies.