Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
This might not be the best time to say this but, I don't see what he's offering on the left. He's the most dangerous attacking player right now and he's just not getting on the ball enough in my opinion.

They've tried everyone else at #9 so far, so why not him?
I think he'd be great with an old-fashioned #10/second striker like Cantona or Bergkamp alongside him up front.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had good game. That's now 5 goals in 4 games and he scored in all 4 games. He is in superb form, hopefully he will continue it and always plays as LW or ST.

haram

I think he'd be great with an old-fashioned #10/second striker like Cantona or Bergkamp alongside him up front.
Personally think he would be better as the one playing off the striker.

redIndianDevil

His linkup play is very very good, the second half he made lot of incisive passes inside the crowded box. Really makes you wonder what would have happened if we hadn't signed Sanchez.

Handré1990

Overall, I didn’t think it was his best performance, however, and this is a big one, he still creates two clear cut-should be scored- chances and scores that important equalizer. The whole team was shaky to start with and the plan seems to become «give it to Martial and see what happens..» That’s why, I think, I don’t rate this game as highly as the last one.

Our most talented player for me, even more so than Pogba.

Shark

@NotShark
A very very special talent that we must do everything to keep happy and in this kind of form. We should be building the team around him over the next few seasons.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
His linkup play is very very good, the second half he made lot of incisive passes inside the crowded box. Really makes you wonder what would have happened if we hadn't signed Sanchez.
Indeed. I believe this goes under the radar sometimes. Shows his intelligence on the pitch.

Andrew~

Maybe, we need to get him on the ball more though. He's making runs too late into the box because out too wide. If he was playing closer to the box or more in the middle he'd be more of a threat to the opposition. It's not like he's doing very much defensively anyway.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Really pleased for him. His left-flank partnership with Shaw and Pogba has tremendous potential. Those three possess enough as an attacking triumvirate that we should scare the absolute wits out of most teams we face.

Handré1990

Personally think he would be better as the one playing off the striker.
Agreed. His passing is underrated. Our best link-up player besides Mata. His superb technique allows him to thrive even in a crowded box, as demonstrated time and time again. Twice today with his almost-assists to Fred and Shaw.

I’m just happy he, seemingly, has made himself undroppable at the moment. Only player who makes me sit up at the edge of my seat, of all the players in this team.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
He is packed with potential. Think these goals he’s scoring is despite his talent/quality and not becuase of it. In other words I still don’t think he has found his proper form and rhythm yet.

He needs to add a few more moves. Currently he does the edge of the box cut inside thing and edge of the box cross thing a lot. Yeah I know that’s his position and what the manager has told him but he’s capable of being far more creative in how he can do it.

Of course these things take time and he has come back from being sidelined an at least he doesn’t do those aimless dribbles and runs he used to. Everything he does seems to have a purpose now

CA1

Delighted with him again today, his confidence is up, he's got me on the edge of the seat when he's got the ball at the moment because he looks like making something happen.

3 really good league performances in a row.

Zoo

Like Shaw he surely has nailed down his place now. Our left side should be set, don’t meddle again Jose.

Fracture90

Props to Woodward for not allowing Martial to be spare change for Perišić/Willian/Toby the way our manager (if reports are to be believed) intended.

People that are saying "Sanchez wasn't Mourinho's signing", even if that's true, Mourinho persisted with playing him even when he was utter shitt.

Greck

Props to Woodward for not allowing Martial to be spare change for Perišić/Willian/Toby the way our manager (if reports are to be believed) intended.

People that are saying "Sanchez wasn't Mourinho's signing", even if that's true, Mourinho persisted with playing him even when he was utter shitt.
What's Perisic up to these days?

Hopefully that's our left flank sorted with Shaw and Pogba too. If only we had a right flank, they'd be even more dangerous if our opposition had to worry about the other side too.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Him and Pogba are completely different animals going forward, need to hold onto both for next few years.

redIndianDevil

Maybe, we need to get him on the ball more though. He's making runs too late into the box because out too wide. If he was playing closer to the box or more in the middle he'd be more of a threat to the opposition. It's not like he's doing very much defensively anyway.
Exactly this. He is way too deep, especially in the second half. We need him at the top.

Trizy

Really pleased for him. His left-flank partnership with Shaw and Pogba has tremendous potential. Those three possess enough as an attacking triumvirate that we should scare the absolute wits out of most teams we face.
This is exactly why we need a goal scoring RW who can take on a man. Teams will load the left trying to stop the trio you mentioned which opens up the entire right side.

redIndianDevil

Wonder if Jose's ego feels bruised that the investment banker was right
Not sure about Mourinho. But it won't be long until resident Mourinho fanboys start spreading lies that Woodward bought Sanchez for advertisement and forced Mourinho to play him.

JohnnyKills

Thought his general play was disappointing.
Yeah, as I said earlier in this thread he doesn't work nearly hard enough off the ball. Can't help but feel we won't see the best of him until we get a new coach who can (hopefully) get in his head and push him to make those killer runs.

He's probably only giving about 70% of his potential at the moment and he's our best attacker. He can go as far as he wants to in the game.

cyberman

Stop believing reports then so?

Walters_19_MuFc

In some amazing form at the moment. 5 in 5. Good finish, too. Really want to see him run at players more sometimes, though. He has the ability. Think he needs to be more selfish.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Solid game, a few times where he lost the ball and complained to the ref instead of pressing but he sorted it out as the game went on.

cyberman

Not all reports are false, there were some credible sources as well reporting that.

Besides Mourinho's treatment of Martial prior to these few weeks speaks louder than any reports.
A lot of Utd reports are fake. Besides, they consist of clubs cheekily asking for Anthony and not Jose offering him out.
There's a massive difference between the two.
Can we all stop pretending Jose and Martial are mortal enemies?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Stop believing reports then so?
Mourinho during the world cup said he wanted to sign Perisic but didn't know why it didn't happen. He then signed Sanchez to play on the left instead of just persisting with Martial.

Status
Not open for further replies.