5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mancan92

I thought he hates Mourinho and is one of those players who has stopped playing for him as the ABU media has made everyone believe.

The Mourinho out brigade must be confused as feck:lol:

Seriously though well done Jose on keep giving him opportunities. Fingers cross Martial now has turned a corner and can do a Luke Shaw
:lol::houllier:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I thought he hates Mourinho and is one of those players who has stopped playing for him as the ABU media has made everyone believe.

Seriously though well done Jose on keep giving him opportunities. Fingers cross Martial now has turned a corner and can do a Luke Shaw
:lol: Not at all. He'd have done even better had Jose not messed around with him in the last two years.

And by brigade it appears you are referring to 70% of the forum. Who are apparently confused. While you, hoarder of intelligence and calm, are not. Cute.

Kapardin

I think this is right.

I have never doubted Martial's ability just his willingness to work within the confines of Jose's system. He was great last Sunday going forward but I particularly liked the several times he sprinted back to bail out Luke Shaw's positioning. Reminiscent of a young Ryan Giggs working back.

There is no justification for Jose dropping Martial when he is working back and forward with equal amounts of application. I was pleased in his post-match press conference Jose recognised that, even without the goals and assists, Martial's performance for the team was worth praise.
He was always willing. Remember that he never complained when he was rotated with Rashford as he felt it was a fair and healthy competition. But when Sanchez came, he was in a purple patch, but shunted to the right and eventually dropped. Then, no matter how well he played, Sanchez was always going to start above him, and even Rashford at one point, making him 3rd choice.

Under such unfair pressure, you can hardly fault him for sulking or his agent coming out with comments. Let's just hope Jose is not looking to drop him again as soon as he gets a chance.

Canagel

He loves the club and the fans. You don't have to like the manager to perform. There's something called personal pride you know?

L1nk

Has to be a wind up surely? The mental gymnastics people are pulling to praise Mourinho for everything. Surely you remember Martial playing well before Mourinho inexplicably dropped him for no reason to accommodate Sanchez and then relegated him to bit part performances where any slight mistake meant being dropped again for the foreseeable future, thrown under the bus multiple times, wanted to be sold by Mourinho until Ed Woodward stepped in? All this just conveniently ignored by the Mourinho fanclub now he's bailed Mourinho out of a few matches, of course it's a total masterclass by Mourinho this is what he meant all along! Genuinely no idea how this man inspires such loyalty from fans.

Red_Ramirez

the anti-mourinho brigade are a touchy bunch

the win last week and an in-form Martial guided by Mourinho must seriously rankle you lot :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He was always willing. Remember that he never complained when he was rotated with rashford as he felt it was a fair and healthy competition. But when Sanchez came, he was in a purple patch, but shunted to the right and eventually dropped. Then, no matter how well he played, Sanchez was always going to start above him, and even rashford at one point, making him 3rd choice.

Under such unfair pressure, you can hardly fault him for sulking or his agent coming out with comments. Let's just hope Jose is not looking to drop him again as soon as he gets a chance.
I think offensively Martial has always been very good. The goals and assists prove that. His defensive work has, until recently, been the one area that you could make a case Alexis offered more though (I recognise that ain’t saying much). However, given Martial’s recent desire and competence in covering Shaw I can’t see anything Mou could pick him up on. He’s our best player.

WensleyMU

Loving the fact hes in great form, always willed him on even when he was struggling last season. Easily our best player and the opposition tend to view him as so when they double up on him. Without him we lack any real quality in attack.

Aloysius's Back 3

It's so cute isn't it how he says it's hard for non Jose fans like me to watch us win & see martial do well when the opposite is true :lol:

It must be so hard for the Jose brigade to watch players like Lukaku & Sanchez get shunted & for us to play better with martial & pogba playing much more freely.

Who knew - the tactics of some random fans on the Internet were proven to be right & better in comparison to Jose's tactics he employs against anyone who can kick a ball.

Raven

Martial is not more talented than Pogba.
I know people are claiming as much above, but, who really cares? They're our 2 most talented players, playing in positions and roles that benefit each other massively. I think an argument can be made for either, I personally don't look at it that way.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They're both head and shoulders above our other outfield players, and that's what's important.

The fact Mourinho wanted them both gone in the similar is astounding, could you imagine the sliding doors moment where he got his wish?

ash_86

It's so cute isn't it how he says it's hard for non Jose fans like me to watch us win & see Martial do well when the opposite is true :lol:

It must be so hard for the Jose brigade to watch players like Lukaku & Sanchez get shunted & for us to play better with Martial & Pogba playing much more freely.

Who knew - the tactics of some random fans on the Internet were proven to be right & better in comparison to Jose's tactics he employs against anyone who can kick a ball.
Last time i checked Jose is still the manager and he selected the players that went onto play the match with the tactics he laid out. Why are you crediting random internet fans?

Aloysius's Back 3

Last time i checked Jose is still the manager and he selected the players that went onto play the match with the tactics he laid out. Why are you crediting random internet fans?
Because Jose could have used the tactics his has this season that fans are happier about in his first season. That was clear to alpt of us - however Jose was adamant on using his tried & tested methods for 3 years non stop until it failed - not aiming to try and use tactics that gets the best out of players like martial.

Fair play to martial though - no matter what he has to play with - he manages to score a goal when we need it.

ash_86

Because Jose could have used the tactics his has this season that fans are happier about in his first season. That was clear to alpt of us - however Jose was adamant on using his tried & tested methods for 3 years non stop until it failed - not aiming to try and use tactics that gets the best out of players like Martial.

Fair play to Martial though - no matter what he has to play with - he manages to score a goal when we need it.
So if he had used the tactics and have still lost the match, would you blame the random internet crowd or Jose? Works both ways pal.

RedDevil@84

They're both head and shoulders above our other outfield players, and that's what's important.

The fact Mourinho wanted them both gone in the similar is astounding, could you imagine the sliding doors moment where he got his wish?
You mean "allegedly". Or "As per the press sources"

Aloysius's Back 3

So if he had used the tactics and have still lost the match, would you blame the random internet crowd or Jose? Works both ways pal.
We played better. Some fans beg for success over anything else - some fans want to see football being played to the best of the teams ability.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Genuine question but how highly is Martial rated in France ?
Not that I would speak for the whole of France since, after all, even there we have many different opinions; one thing that is pretty widely-accepted is that Martial is one of the most naturally gifted youngsters to come out in recent years, but given his situation with Manchester United, the jury is still out if he's going to come out of this becoming a world class player or become another Nasri/Ben Arfa. If he can be consistent like Mbappe, and get himself back in the French NT and actually perform there, I think the conversation will pick up more from this Mbappe mania in France right now.

His rating on here is too low - 5.7? You guys are really having a bubble.
It's the same with Pogba I already raised concerns in his thread.

Greck

Funny enough after a bad game Jose said Martial came into the team because everyone had been shouting so for months. Might be time for fans to start voting the starting xi

Web of Bissaka

A click at the top -- Martial's "View full 2018-19 profile" would show why.

Bad games (Brighton lowest 3.0, West ham game the second lowest 3.9, and others about 4.8) brought his average rating down, same with Pogba.

If Martial keep up his good form, it'll rise, :smirk:relax.

ash_86

Funny enough after a bad game Jose said Martial came into the team because everyone had been shouting so for months. Might be time for fans to start voting the starting xi
Let's try it with Matic and see if it works :lol:

RedDevil@84

People are not obliged to give him great ratings for average or below performances. When whole team plays like crap, all their ratings nosedive.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Pogba is overall more talented and "complete" but Martial is better at a few things I believe. Anyway, like others have mentioned their ceiling is pretty high and if they play to their strengths can land a starting spot on any team.

I think much of our other outfield players are overrated (such as Rashford/Sanchez/Valencia)

haram

That’s not what happened at all.

MuFc_1992

If mourhino gets fired now than he'd get 15 million as a payoff and would walk into the Real Madrid job. If I hated mourhino, I'd play my ass of to ensure he survives until Conte gets the Real gig. :lol:

Shark

@NotShark

It’s a fact, is it?

Jesus.

RedDevil@84

It’s a fact, is it?

Jesus.
This is how relentless media focus works. You read the same thing over and over again and start thinking it is fact. You justify the lack of any proof with excuses like no fire, no smoke etc

Aloysius's Back 3

This is how relentless media focus works. You read the same thing over and over again and start thinking it is fact. You justify the lack of any proof with excuses like no fire, no smoke etc
I know it happens the same way for Jose.

Jose starts by making little points about players like Martial, Pogba, Hazard to the media on purpose - normally saying some things like how he could have worked harder in a game or two but wasn't there mentally.

This slowly starts building up, being repeated by Jose to the media growing in information at 5% at a time - being repeated from the media to the fan base to suddenly believe that what Jose said was 100% true.

What happens after three or four months? Hazard is lazy or we don't need hazard. Forget martial the guy is rubbish & doesn't try hard enough either, forget pogba he wants to dance & have his head set somewhere else because he also has some mind problems.

It was crazy what Jose did & keeps doing - pretending like no one has caught him doing it at nearly every club he has been in.

Using media focus - saying the same bits & pieces over again and suddenly Jose has made all the fans believe what he says as fact.

If Woodward wasn't around martial would be gone quicker than a fart.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Watch his performance from the Everton FA Cup match

Everything you are talking about he was already doing. Receiving the ball on the run, driving into the space, makin runs in behind, receiving the ball on the turn, isolating players 1 v 1.

There is no difference between his performance yesterday and his first season here.
Magnificent post.

Status
Not open for further replies.