6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsCallout

He doesn't get in the box because he either 1. Swans about 2. Comes for the ball because it never gets to him. Both can be changed with good coaching. It frustrates me to see a player with this ludicrous skill set being wasted. With a well coached midfield he'd be on another level.
I agree. My point was that just having someone who can find him in the box isn't what we need. It is better creative midfielders and a tactical change to get more people in the box.

He'sRaldo

I agree. My point was that just having someone who can find him in the box isn't what we need. It is better creative midfielders and a tactical change to get more people in the box.
This is a very good point, we've lacked this for a while now. Barely one body in the box for crosses or passes, goodness knows why.

Man Utd 4:0 Norwich

Andersons Dietician

He was good today. I quite like what he’s been adding to his game of late as no defender has been getting an easy time from him. If they wanna fight he’s up for it and at times he’s making a mockery out of a few of them.

Fantastic header for his goal as well and just some of his play in general was excellent. Just quietly went about his buisness and did it very well.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So good.

His decision to play that reverse pass on the counter to put Andreas through for that Williams chance is something not many of our players would've done.

He'sRaldo

He and Rashford traded places today. Rashford with the tekkers, and him with the dirty business.

Determined goal from him today.

ShinjiNinja26

He’s really improved on the defensive side of his game, tackles, closing people down and winning the ball back in the opposition half. Did this numerous times today.

T_Model101

Random stat: BBC Sport has him with 78% of all his PL shots this season on target
Miles ahead of any of the other top scorers in the league

flappyjay

Random stat: BBC Sport has him with 78% of all his PL shots this season on target
Problem is that he doesn't take a lot of shots,if he did he would have a lot more goals

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That header when he's sandwiched by two defenders was just filthy!

TypeR

Smooth criminal.

I like what he’s doing and showing as a 9. Seems to have varied his game up, rather than relying on his dribbling and close control to cut in all the time when he’s played on the left. This Martial is good Martial.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
More goals like today please. Ghosting in and winning those headers can make a good striker a great one, because it's probably 5 to 10 goals a season alone the top strikers usually get.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
An absolute bullet of a header, and worked his socks off doing plenty of scrappy work. Our tony is a changed man with the 9 on his back!

Could have done better with his chance in the first half, but he made up for it. We just look so much better with him as the link man up front.

Lj82

Problem is that he doesn't take a lot of shots,if he did he would have a lot more goals
Think this stat really reflects the good and bad about him. He is clinical, but also too hesitant to take half chances. Like that chance he passed up and squared back to Lingard a few games ago when he was through one on one with the keeper. Sometimes he just needs to take more chances. He would end up with a lower conversion percentage, but definitely more goals

Raven

It was all about his work rate today. Nothing was quite coming off for him like it usually does and the ball wasn't falling to him quite right, but he kept working hard and hassling the centre halves and the goal came. Excellent player.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It was all about his work rate today. Nothing was quite coming off for him like it usually does and the ball wasn't falling to him quite right, but he kept working hard and hassling the centre halves and the goal came. Excellent player.
Yes. Had a shit game really, but his effort was not to be questioned. Even if he has a horrible off day like this, with just a bit of commitment and work rate his class will get him through. Hopefully his composure improves because he needs to be a lot more assured on the ball than this.

Dante

Average bang
He's one of the better strikers in the league. But if only he could learn to move more like Ole, he'd become one of the best strikers in the world.

Martial had a good game today, but he still doesn't do enough to get into positions for easy tap ins. That would add about 10 goals per season to his tally. It was evident on a few occasions against Norwich.

Having said that, a good header and some really good hold up play overall. A couple of great examples of closing down, too.

He's getting better, but just missing that one string to his bow to take him to elite level.

Last edited:

Raven

Yes. Had a shit game really, but his effort was not to be questioned. Even if he has a horrible off day like this, with just a bit of commitment and work rate his class will get him through. Hopefully his composure improves because he needs to be a lot more assured on the ball than this.
His composure is usually excellent so I'm not worried about that. I'm always appreciative of attackers who when they're having an off day, manage to influence the game because they're being aggressive in their approach.

jem

I fecking loved Martial today. He never stopped working and he took his goal beautifully. If he plays like that week in and week out, we're sorted for the #9 position.

Walters_19_MuFc

Everything you want from a lone striker. Another solid performance from Martial, topped off with a great headed goal that we don't normally see from him.

criticalanalysis

Think this stat really reflects the good and bad about him. He is clinical, but also too hesitant to take half chances. Like that chance he passed up and squared back to Lingard a few games ago when he was through one on one with the keeper. Sometimes he just needs to take more chances. He would end up with a lower conversion percentage, but definitely more goals
Yes agree. Both Rashford and Martial have bit of a problem with being ruthless in terms of taking the chance. Sometimes, they overplay it far too much in and around the box when they've done all the hard work by being in there and having the angles. They need to find another shot in their arsenal like learning from the Henry open-the-body-and-into-the-far corner and Rooney's near post finishes.

In the first half Marital had that chance at the edge of the box but he took too long and the defender nipped it off his feet. It's happened far too many times in his time here with those 'whoopee I got a chance in front of goal' opportunity after a break in play but it's missed because he's caught surprised by it. He's got be more aware/cynical and take a touch to snap shot the feck out it.

Based Adnan

Ole has put some fire and intensity into Martial's game. Fair play beause he's the last player you expect it from in the sqad. Very good #9 performance.

Andersonson

The top scorers shoot alot more because they get into shooting positions more. If Martial could've done the same he would score a hell lot more

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Surely we’re not suggesting, beyond this one game perhaps, that Martial lacks composure and assuredness on the ball? There’s always room for improvement in football, but he’s by far and away our best attacker in this department.

jackal&hyde

On 11 goals already while having missed a number of games with injuries; he is well on course to have his best season. People laughed that Ole expected him and Rashford to bring out the goods but that is what's happening.

Aouer-United

The top scorers shoot alot more because they get into shooting positions more. If Martial could've done the same he would score a hell lot more
He probably could score more if we had a progressive midfielder who can carry the ball and pass more to box so Martial don't have to come down deeper to collect the ball in midfield and bring midfield to play. :drool:

Andersonson

He probably could score more if we had a progressive midfielder who can carry the ball and pass more to box so Martial don't have to come down deeper to collect the ball in midfield and bring midfield to play. :drool:
Sure it would help, but there are strikers with better instincts. Like Pukki or Ings this season for instance.

Martial weakness is his movement inside the box and lack of poaching skills. Could he add that, he would be top class

Classnordic

Very ecxited for Martial, had a scrappy game but didnt stop trying and was awarded for that. Great header!

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Surely we’re not suggesting, beyond this one game perhaps, that Martial lacks composure and assuredness on the ball? There’s always room for improvement in football, but he’s by far and away our best attacker in this department.
That is exactly why he should improve further. Had a bad game here, ball just bounced off his feet not something that should be happening to players of his quality. A bit like Salah, but it is a trait I'd hope he get rid of. He gets involved a lot more now, so if he could improve his decision-making in this area, just keeping it simple he could be insanely good even without poaching instincts.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That is exactly why he should improve further. Had a bad game here, ball just bounced off his feet not something that should be happening to players of his quality. A bit like Salah, but it is a trait I'd hope he get rid of. He gets involved a lot more now, so if he could improve his decision-making in this area, just keeping it simple he could be insanely good even without poaching instincts.
I’m aware you are referencing yesterday’s game, but that’s not a usual description of him. He’s known most of all for his ability and composure on the ball. He has a number of weaknesses, you seem to be targeting his area of strength.

Foxbatt

He doesn't have to get into the 6 yard box to score. The others need to cut back for him to score. It is a two way situation. It is what the strikers feel most comfortable. I saw a Berbatov interview of various strikers. He said there players like Keane who would get end of the crosses inside the 6 yard box but he himself prefers the cut back and the rest of his team mates know that and they cut it back for him to score.

Rolaholic

The developement of our young forwards has probably been the best part of Ole's tenure in my opinion. His trust and faith in them to lead the line and score goals has been paying off in the consistency that they've been starting to show this season

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel like people are still underating this guys importance to our attack & no its not because I'm some sort of a fan of a single player either.

The way he can trick the 2 central defenders to follow him by dropping deeper in to an almost midfield like position leaves Rashford with acres of space behind to finish off a chance.

If not he has dropped deep usually to receive the ball almost to a perfect first touch before bringing someone in to play by a pure transition. I've said for a long time now that Martial's vision is underrated and his little timed passes like the ones for Pereira may not seem ground breaking - but they are usually the passes that are needed & are broken down when other players try to play it in his position.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Has really improved off the ball. Excellent goal from him yesterday. Really happy with how pivotal he is to our attack, he’s gonna grow into the role still.

Fosu-Mens

He is just being smart.
Sure, once in a while you can take a shot or a cross from a bad position, but if all your players shoot from bad positions all the time, then you are just playing the numbers game... If I shot enough, then surely I would get a wonderhit sometime.
Look at how City played today. Patience, not crossing or shooting until you are in a good position. That's how they are able to break down teams. Instead, many other teams and players fires as soon as they get the ball...

Status
Not open for further replies.