6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Fair play to Ole, he's helped make all the 'poor attitude' and 'he doesn't care' talk non-sequitur's with his consistency this season.

His numbers after missing 2 months are quite impressive along with developing into one of the hardest working players in the team lately. He had the most sprints for us on Monday if I'm not mistaken

Strelok

This is what happens when majority of the Caf only watch other teams highlights and think other strikers never miss.
Pretty much this :lol:

Tbh I don't understand why people keep talking about his missed chance. Strikers do miss here and there, even Suarez or Lewandoski. Martial has one of the best conversion rate in the PL or at least our team imo, he rarely misses his chance.

And tbf, it was a good finish. 90 % of the time it would go in. The keeper hand just happened to be at the right place at the right time. He just raised his hand while rushing out, it was not even his reflex. Somehow the ball hit his hand, that's all.

Siorac

Pretty much this :lol:

Tbh I don't understand why people keep talking about his missed chance. Strikers do miss here and there, even Suarez or Lewandoski. Martial has one of the best conversion rate in the PL or at least our team imo, he rarely misses his chance.

And tbf, it was a good finish. 90 % of the time it would go in. The keeper hand just happened to be at the right place at the right time. He just raised his hand while rushing out, it was not even his reflex. Somehow the ball hit his hand, that's all.

This is just from this season. A top striker would surely put all of these away, right?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Compared to a few other attackers

Mane's shot stats are similar but he's more clinical and scores more often.
Impressive from Mane to be honest. The good news is I can only see Martial going further up that list if he plays a full season in a better team alongside Pogba and Fernandes and potentially even Sancho. Hes already performing fantastically so if he goes up another level he will be right at the top.

Strelok

This is just from this season. A top striker would surely put all of these away, right?
Yeah :lol:

Imagine how much rants and what people here would say if Martial got just half of those ...

We should understand and appreciate how lucky we are to have him here guys.

romufc

Yeah :lol:

Imagine how much rants and what people here would say if Martial got just half of those ...

We should understand and appreciate how lucky we are to have him here guys.
No striker has 100% record. They are humans not robots.

Martial is a clinical striker. We should back him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Martial misses a fifth of those chances and the Caf front page will be filled with threads asking for 5 new strikers to be brought in and replace Martial ASAP.

These misses from Lewandowski are for this season alone yet I don't remember Martial missing this much and such glaring ones in his entire time here at United. People ought to start putting things into perspective. Strikers or any other player for that matter miss chances.

Last edited:

UncleBob

Yet there’s many players in our history who would have converted that first chance.

We can both praise his performance, but at the same time expect him to bury those sorts of opportunities.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesus fecking christ

More often than not, Martial will convert that first chance. Sometimes not, shit happens. Best player on the pitch for us.

Jam

Jesus fecking christ

More often than not, Martial will convert that first chance. Sometimes not, shit happens. Best player on the pitch for us.
You lot are truly mental. Players are either perfect or dross, there’s no middle ground to discuss anything.

Holy shit. We praise his performance, but criticise him for missing a golden opportunity and suddenly it’s controversial.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You lot are truly mental. Players are either perfect or dross, there’s no middle ground to discuss anything.

Holy shit. We praise his performance, but criticise him for missing a golden opportunity and suddenly it’s controversial.
You didn't simply criticize him for missing a golden opportunity, you acted as if it wasn't something that happens to others and even referred to former players who "would have converted that first chance", people simply pointed to the fact that these former players have missed easier chances and that Martial has one of the highest conversion rate among strikers.

el3mel

I think the missed chance was more of a good goalkeeping than him missing it and he more than made for it with the assist and goal later on. Honestly I think Rashford's missed chance in second half hurt us more as it came in a crucial time that a third goal would have killed the match, beside I think it was even easier.

But you're right about one thing though, these performance threads have become really awful and it's hard to express your opinion or have a discussion in them.

TrustInJanuzaj

Couldn’t agree more with that, he’s such an exciting player who really can do abit of everything to a high level. Only thing he needs to do, is keep scoring more of those scrappy goals and in the box finishes like the ones against Sheff Utd. If he starts netting those regularly then we have a 25 goal a season striker.

MalcolmTucker

Couldn’t agree more with that, he’s such an exciting player who really can do abit of everything to a high level. Only thing he needs to do, is keep scoring more of those scrappy goals and in the box finishes like the ones against Sheff Utd. If he starts netting those regularly then we have a 25 goal a season striker.
He pretty much is that this season considering there's approximately 8 or so games left to play and he's been injured for 2 months. I think next seaon he should be aiming for 30+ - unless you meant just his league return.

TrustInOle

Most complete striker in the league? Can't really think of anything he ain't good at. I can see him easily hitting 30 goals in all comps next season, barring any injuries. Such a joy to watch him play.

To think, Jose wanted him out the club. Bonkers. :houllier:

TrustInJanuzaj

He pretty much is that this season considering there's approximately 8 or so games left to play and he's been injured for 2 months. I think next seaon he should be aiming for 30+ - unless you meant just his league return.
Yeh sorry I did mean just league return but I agree he could push 30 in all competitions now that he's playing in a more dominant side.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yeah I'm also expecting him to hit 30+ next season. He's showing such anger for goals now that with his finishing ability he'll get there next season. Before I felt Martial was only content with only a goal or assist but now he's showing appetite for goals which means he'll be seeking them relentlessly hence why I see him hitting 30+ next season.

Heck if he was on pen duty he's be approaching 30 goals this season alone despite having missed 2 months of football. He should manage 25 in all comp this season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Shame he was injured and also had to play without creative players for half a season.

Since we signed Bruno, he has scored 8 league goals in 11 games, which is more than any other player.

Mr Smith

Jesus fecking christ

He's actually converted pretty much that exact chance on two separate occasions already this season. One against Newcastle where he ran onto a loose pass and dinked the keeper, and I think a very similar one against Burnley?

He really did nothing wrong with that chance, it was an excellent save. Same with the second one at Spurs in the first game since the restart when Lloris pulled off that amazing save, yet people still got on his back.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yeah I'm also expecting him to hit 30+ next season. He's showing such anger for goals now that with his finishing ability he'll get there next season. Before I felt Martial was only content with only a goal or assist but now he's showing appetite for goals which means he'll be seeking them relentlessly hence why I see him hitting 30+ next season.

Heck if he was on pen duty he's be approaching 30 goals this season alone despite having missed 2 months of football. He should manage 25 in all comp this season.
This. My main problem with him has been his lack of movement, inconsistency and lack of appetite for goals. He's improved all through

Foxbatt

I was disappointed with him against Soton. Not because he had a bad game but because my expectations of him is so high. On a one to one chance or a clear shot on goal I expect him to score unlike any other player we have including Greenwood.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's actually converted pretty much that exact chance on two separate occasions already this season. One against Newcastle where he ran onto a loose pass and dinked the keeper, and I think a very similar one against Burnley?

He really did nothing wrong with that chance, it was an excellent save. Same with the second one at Spurs in the first game since the restart when Lloris pulled off that amazing save, yet people still got on his back.
The error was going to close to the goalkeeper. Once he got that close he should have just gone round the right side of him and tapped it in.

Getting that close to the goalkeeper gives you less time to lift the ball and them more chance of blocking it by just standing there. The keeper still had to save it though and he did, it wasn't like he put it off target.

I think if he had that situation again though he'd either take it earlier or commit to going round the keeper.

Crystal Palace 0:2 Man Utd

Zoo

One of the best CF’s in Europe the way he’s playing at the moment. Motm for me.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Changed man. He's frightening at times. His link up play with Rashford In particular, has vastly improved.

He's pressing, he's working hard, he's holding off players twice his size, and his finishing is as good as ever.

kiristao

Top CF performance again tonight. Working much harder. Making runs. Holding the ball up and most importantly scoring or assisting in practically every game.

crossy1686

career ending
Alright, I'm a believer, he's finally won me over. He was great tonight, hunger and conviction, ran himself into the ground for the cause and scored a great goal. More performances like that and there's no stopping him.

el3mel

Incredible performance following an incredible performance.

He's just a joy to watch now.

Status
Not open for further replies.