2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

OldTrevil

He hasn't had the career any of us hoped he would have but he's had the highest peak of any of our attackers over the last nearly decade in my opinion.
No doubt, it's not even a debate for me. I'm sure we'll see people try and say that Zlatan was better, but it was never even close. Ibra was simply here for numbers to stroke his outsized ego, barely doing anything for the team outside of his goals and overall limiting our attack. Ever since Martial came to United, our attack consistently functioned better with him than without, and it remained the case no matter which flavour of the month signing or manager's pet that got countless undeserved minutes to be the center of attack.

One of the few bright spots post Sir Alex. In a sea of boredom and terrible football, he produced more exciting moments than probably anyone. For me, anyway. That's why I will always have fond memories of his time here despite everything.
Same here. He's the only one out of the overpaid dross we've been forced to endure in attack, that I would have actually loved to play with if I was a baller. An insanely talented football magnet that actually plays for his team rather than personal glory, even when things are chaotic around him and the environment gets toxic.

Turkey seems an option too. Personally im hoping he will join Betis in Spain. Isco failed at Seville and now does well at Betis. Martial in a team with Fekir and Isco sounds like fun football to me. Ofcourse Martial would have to pass a medical for them though... that could be tricky
We all hope that he somehow has not been permanently crocked, even though I doubt anyone would bet on it. He needs to make a very good decision on where he goes next to maximize that possiblity in all areas. For me he should look at southern Spain or Italy, in warmer weather, and then spend some serious time and money to find a top nutritionist and physiotherapist, who would work hand-in-glove with his new team resources to give me that chance.

Such a shame to see the way he ended up after promising so much but that can be football I am afraid.
It really shows up all the nonsense harped on individual trophies in football as just that. Success of an individual is way more reliant on the team and environment in this game perhaps more that any other. Such a tragedy that we didn't even get to see a glimpse of Martial's prime, to think that his best season was four years ago when he was only 24, essentially the only time he had been allowed to lead the attack since his final teenage years with LVG in charge. He was basically stunted throughout the Jose era but still pulled through admirably, even helping the latter avoid the sack for a couple of months with heroic performances.

Given his highly technical and refined playstyle, this year would have really been when he's getting into his prime years, in a team that had been stable where he would now start to combine his experience and game intelligene to maximum effect and efficiency. And due to him not primarily relying on physical attributes, he would have been able to extend that prime well into his mid thirties like a Benzema.

Atheist

Dreadful and mind boggling decision to give him a contract extension under Ole/Woodward.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Dreadful and mind boggling decision to give him a contract extension under Ole/Woodward.
Signing him to a new contract was absolutely fine. He was a 23yo who had been somewhat inconsistent but had played very well at times, and the following season after signing the contract he was our best player. The wage he was given was the ridiculous thing, but the same could be said for almost all the contracts we've been handing out for the last decade.

There was no way to know that injuries would utterly destroy him 18 months later.

Gazautd18

The irony of fans singing "£50 mil down the drain" as he does another non appearance..

Yagami

Good post resistant
I will miss him. The player that has entertained me most in the post Fergie era.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I will miss him. The player that has entertained me most in the post Fergie era.
Agreed, he absolutely danced passed players with the way he could shift the ball between his feet. That goal against Everton at Wembley as well :drool: .

Chinchy98

farewell you fecking bum

What a bizzare post. In periods was our best player along with Bruno, Rashford & Pogba post Fergie.

Created some iconic moments and had periods where he was electric.

Yeah his body has failed him, but I’m sure he’d be happier playing football.

Some fans would rather a team of Dan James running round the pitch showing “Pashun”. Let me guess, you’d be one of the first to shout just play the kids when we’re in a slump in a seething reactionary rage….

Chinchy98

History will be kinder to him, the compilations already floating around have some filthy clips in them. Shame how the last couple of years ended up

BorisManUtd

Only Shaw's been longer at the club than Martial so it is emotional a bit. Some great moments - goal vs Liverpool after coming on first time, goals vs City (scored 5 against City in total), late winner in Fa Cup semis vs Everton (loved scoring vs them - 9 goals and 4 assists), 2019/20 season... It was good enough until 20/21 season for me, afterwards think injuries ruined him and probably attitude wasn't best either.

Is it possible he gets some minutes at Brighton and vs City or no?

TsuWave

My guy. He has no idea what he did for me in his debut season.

Hopefully, he can find a club and kick some ball again.

bitcoin

Great send off from those left in the stadium and good luck to him. He has incredible technique and ability, it’s just a shame his body is made out of toilet paper.

Can see him going to the MLS and seeing out the rest of his days.

Raven

Hope he can find a fitness regime that allows him play again, like @Yagami says, most exciting player post Fergie for me.

OleGunnar20

Really sad how it has turned out. I've been a premium subscriber to Martial FC since that mental debut of his. His attitude has perhaps been questionable over the years, and his body has let him down sadly.

I'd like to see him get a few more seasons in a slower league somewhere of more relevance than the Saudi.

klayton88

Vividly remember watching this pre season at some ungodly hour and shouting when he did it and getting a bollocking of my mum.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Amazing player but he probably didn't want it as much as less talented players and then the injuries got him. He was great in spells. Super talent, it’s sad how it turned out. Much better signing than Casemiro, Varane, Ronaldo, Sancho and many others

Last edited:

Irwin99

Was looking at his appearances and goals stats earlier and he goes from being a player that got 40+ appearances (or very near) for each successive season until 20-21 where things start to go rapidly downhill. He stayed at the club way longer than he should have but it's sad how it ended up with all the injuries.

Mike Smalling

Bags of talent, but that just isn’t enough without mentality and fitness.

Shame how it turned out. Hope he can revive his career somewhere.

Irrational.

I will forever remember his debut goal vs Liverpool and Tyler with his spine-tingling commentary.

It was all downhill from there, sadly. That was the peak.

VivaRonaldo85

Always believed he was a footballer with exceptional natural talent. But I also always felt his attitude was poor and did not befit this great club.

He walked off the OT pitch at home to Bournemouth on 9th December and hasn’t been seen since until waving goodbye tonight. As Wazza says (now that’s a proper Manchester United striker by the way), “where’s he been?”

Let’s not get too carried away with the Martial love in lads. Au revoir Tony.

Shark

@NotShark
He gave us some moments in what has been a deeply underwhelming decade or so. What a debut, truly felt like we had somebody special on our hands but a mixture of injuries and questionable mentally denied him that true push for greatness.

Djemba-Djemba

I can't say he was ever a favourite of mine but there's no doubt he provided some great moments in his time here.

His debut season and the 19/20 season were his best seasons where he was at his most consistent. He could be a fantastic player on his day.

Unfortunately his injury record was increasingly bad and he ended up staying here way, way too long. Injuries have totally wrecked him, even when he manages to play it's like he's terrified to break into a sprint in case he gets hurt. I also think his mentality wasn't the best, seemed to sulk a lot and go missing in games.

It will be good for Utd to get him off the books. He's on massive wages despite barely contributing in the last 4 years.

Valencia Shin Crosses

My guy. He has no idea what he did for me in his debut season.

Hopefully, he can find a club and kick some ball again.
Will forever be my location on here. First post SAF player I truly fell in love with, still remember losing my head after he sent Skrtel to the shops running around my old house at uni. Most gifted dribbler we've had at the club since Nani/Ronaldo without a doubt, and right there with Pogba for most overall technicality as well. Absurdly gifted and think the outcome of his career here is about as bad as it could have possibly turned out if you simulated a range of outcomes post Monaco. Was in about as bad of a situation for his development as you could ask for after coming here, then had the Mourinho/Sanchez garbage, then the injuries began to pickup and ruin the explosiveness for good.

Also will forever maintain he got the strangest of hate from fans throughout his career. Even when he was firing on all cylinders it never felt like he was supported as much as others that had done less. 15/16 and 19/20 were truly elite seasons where he was the best player in both of those teams.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'd agree with 15/16 however Bruno was by far our best player in 19/20. Yes, Bruno only arrived in January but Martial was also injured for a few months that season.
No he wasn't. Martial made 48 appearances in 19/20 with 34 G/A in all comps and averaging a goal or assist every 105 minutes with only 1 penalty.

Bruno only made 22 appearances that season with 20 G/A but 8 of his 12 goals were pens. Don't get me wrong he was brilliant and if you preferred him slightly I get it, but saying he was by far our best player is just inaccurate