View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Martial will always have a warm place in my heart. That debut goal was for eternity and his talent undeniable. Everything else I will forget. Wish him good luck and let's hope he finds a good club.
Same! It really feels sad to me. He was just as good or potentially better than Rashford. Same level in my eyes. Pogba too. They played really well together at points but also failed together in the major games. It’s not all their fault but 1 EL is their Utd legacy at the end of the day more or less. Should have been more. I think they are all too laid back for what it’s worth,

Kelly15

We won 34 points out of possible 72 in 24 PL games before Bruno's debut. Then won 32 points out of possible 42 in remaining 14 with him. I loved Martial that season and he would've been POTY but Bruno's influence was so big that in one third of a season he got us finishing 3rd (true - with Leicester City in terrible form 2nd part of the season). He's possibly our best ever January signing and not only our but in general.
I would say evra and vidic are better January signings with Bruno third. Then really not to much that I can remember after that. Saha maybe 4th. Injuries hurt has career though. But it's really not a much to choose from that I can remember. Could be wrong though.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I would say evra and vidic are better January signings with Bruno third. Then really not to much that I can remember after that. Saha maybe 4th. Injuries hurt has career though. But it's really not a much to choose from that I can remember. Could be wrong though.
How can you forget Mata in the helicopter and the piano playing Sanchez!!

Unam333

We could do with a striker on the bench. I would give him minutes vs Brighton to see if he's fit for the FA Cup final.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
The Martial discourse will forever be filled with disingenuous takes due to recency bias. With his judgement without doubt being affected by the recent malaise of the club - which ironically Martial has been less part of.

His detractors will have you believe he's been pants for 9 years he's been with us and he should have been sold a long time ago. However you have to split his time here into two. First 5 years and last 4 years - interestingly, this also maps onto the 2 contacts he's had here. Looking at the stats critically, anyone can see why he was given the 2nd (4 year +1) contract. At the time he was just turning 24 coming off his best season yet and with a 1 in 3 goal scoring record, playing mainly as a winger. We'll kill for such numbers from any of our current wingers. Anyone saying otherwise is simply dealing in hindsight.

We all know why he's been pants last 4 years. So let's not attribute it to anything about his "mentality" or desire or lack of smiles. He's not the 1st player to have his prime years stolen due to major and persistent injuries. Somehow he's only 28!! His story reminds me of Essien or even Hazard whose latter years post major injury did great damage to their overall reputation.

Anyways let's enjoy the good times and lament on what could have been.

Andersons Dietician

My social media keeps throwing up Martial videos and honestly watching his highlight packages what a player he should have been. He had absolutely everything except for a robust body. I always loved that heal to toe drag back before pushing it forward again.

OldTrevil

The Martial discourse will forever be filled with disingenuous takes due to recency bias. With his judgement without doubt being affected by the recent malaise of the club - which ironically Martial has been less part of.

His detractors will have you believe he's been pants for 9 years he's been with us and he should have been sold a long time ago. However you have to split his time here into two. First 5 years and last 4 years - interestingly, this also maps onto the 2 contacts he's had here. Looking at the stats critically, anyone can see why he was given the 2nd (4 year +1) contract. At the time he was just turning 24 coming off his best season yet and with a 1 in 3 goal scoring record, playing mainly as a winger. We'll kill for such numbers from any of our current wingers. Anyone saying otherwise is simply dealing in hindsight.

We all know why he's been pants last 4 years. So let's not attribute it to anything about his "mentality" or desire or lack of smiles. He's not the 1st player to have his prime years stolen due to major and persistent injuries. Somehow he's only 28!! His story reminds me of Essien or even Hazard whose latter years post major injury did great damage to their overall reputation.

Agree with all you said except the bolded, that season he signed his contract extension he played mainly as a striker, a modern day nine in all its description, his best position and one that allowed him to bring all his footballing abilities to the team in exhilarating fashion. He will be dearly missed.

Thanks for sharing that wonderful video. :(

steve zizou

Agree with all you said except the bolded, that season he signed his contract extension he played mainly as a striker, a modern day nine in all its description, his best position and one that allowed him to bring all his footballing abilities to the team in exhilarating fashion. He will be dearly missed.

Thanks for sharing that wonderful video. :(
O yeah that is correct. I meant over the course of his career with us. As at that point, he'd played more as a winger than as an #9 making his 1 in 3 goal ratio more than respectable. His best goal scoring seasons however were when he was fit and starting as a #9.

Arka_BleedingRed

Just when it was all starting to come together for him, the waves of injuries destroyed his career. Very few fans will actually appreciate the kind of player he was and could have been. Merci, Tony Martial! Martial FC forever!

Waynne

He'll come on in the last minute in the final, get injured and be out for another decade.

pascell

He did not have a 1 in 3 goal record in the first 5 years, where are you plucking your numbers from?

15/16- 49 games, 17 goals
16/17- 42 games, 8 goals
17/18- 45 games, 11 goals
18/19- 38 games, 12 goals
19/20- 48 games, 23 goals

tomaldinho1

He opened his account with a dreamy goal versus Pool, if he can finish his time here with a goal off the bench to grab one versus City, what a satisfying ending that would be.

sherrinford

He did not have a 1 in 3 goal record in the first 5 years, where are you plucking your numbers from?

16/17- 42 games, 8 goals
Minutes per goal, perhaps?

The poster is bang on really, overall.

mikeyt

Brilliant talent, questionable desire and made of glass. Could have been one of the world's best forwards with his attributes. I'll recall some great moments but can't help but be left with a feeling of what could have been. I remember when LVG signed him and knowing nothing about him, those kind of transfers don't happen much for us these days.

tothetop96

16/17- 42 games, 8 goals
The numbers you've given are almost exactly a goal every 3 games

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
He should get a proper farewell from the medical team - they probably know him better than anyone else at the club.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He opened his account with a dreamy goal versus Pool, if he can finish his time here with a goal off the bench to grab one versus City, what a satisfying ending that would be.
May the gods make this happen!

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

16/17- 42 games, 8 goals
Your total works out to 71 goals in 222 games, .31 per game, almost exactly 1-in-3.

Using per 90 stats because under Jose he was usually a substitute
(PL only)
Season G/90G+A/90 (excudingl penalties)
2015/16.38 .51
2016/17.23.52
2017/18.51.74
2018/19.56 .61
2019/20.58.79
2015-2020.46 .64
2020-2024.30 .42

0.46 is 1-in-2.
Very productive and efficient in his initial 5 seasons, but a really sharp drop-off afterwards (his 2020-24 numbers are really helped by last season)

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Your total works out to 71 goals in 222 games, .31 per game, almost exactly 1-in-3.

Using per 90 stats because under Jose he was usually a substitute
(PL only)
SeasonG/90G+A/90 (excudingl penalties)
2015/16.38.51
2016/17.23.52
2017/18.51.74
2018/19.56.61
2019/20.58.79
2015-2020.46 .64
2020-2024.30 .42

0.46 is 1-in-2.
Very productive and efficient in his initial 5 seasons, but a really sharp drop-off afterwards (his 2020-24 numbers are really helped by last season)
Poster you replied to mentioned nothing about assists for what it's worth.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
i separated goals from G+A for that reason, thought having that was useful because he was a winger for 3.5 of those initial 5 seasons
I don't disagree - I think his time here needs to be considered in 2 parts. Pre and Post contract renewal as early doors he was an exciting player but ultimately injuries & mentality seems to have been his downfall.

Bondi77

He should have stayed playing as a wide forward on the left as that was where he did his best work.
He may have had one good season in a central role but that was about it.

dazjoe

Said for years, in terms of pure talent he's as good as anyone un the league, seriously. Salah, De Bruyne, Foden. He's got as much pure natural talent as them.
It just didn't work out for him, for a variety of reasons.
He didn't help himself, but injuries and United being an absolute basket case of a club where every decent player just see's their form go down the toilet didn't help either.

spiriticon

1 in 3 isn't really that good for a striker at a top club tbh. It's just okay.

Elite level strikers are 1 in 1 pretty much, and those a level below are 1 in 1.5 or 1 in 2

steve zizou

16/17- 42 games, 8 goals
Ok you got me.Technically he scored 0.9594594 goals every 3 games. I just rounded it to 1 because I didn't feel like doing the forensic accounting you just made me do.