2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Redcy

With Sancho and Antony both definitely out, I do think Martial will get playing time while he remains healthy. It would be really helpful in the short term if he could find a bit of form.
Maybe he could find a pair of legs to replace those glass one. Also I don’t see martial playing off the right. I love your optimism tbf

Redcy

So he turned up at the wrong time for training and instead of staying and hitting the gym/shooting practice, he gets back into his car and goes home... This just sums up this guy
while you are right, I suspect two things 1) training under erik is probably quite intense and 2) he won’t want to get himself injured. I have no doubt he knows how easily he gets injured

Needham

while you are right, I suspect two things 1) training under erik is probably quite intense and 2) he won’t want to get himself injured. I have no doubt he knows how easily he gets injured
But neither is an excuse for fecking off back home. It's the response of someone monumentally arrogant who couldn't care less. He epitomises the post-Fergie era.

Raven

But neither is an excuse for fecking off back home. It's the response of someone monumentally arrogant who couldn't care less. He epitomises the post-Fergie era.
Not sure how it comes off as even slightly arrogant. Given the Sancho saga, I'm fairly sure if he was acting the prick he would have been out of the squad.

Needham

Not sure how it comes off as even slightly arrogant. Given the Sancho saga, I'm fairly sure if he was acting the prick he would have been out of the squad.
That's the thing with Martial. Everything is apparently lowkey. Like his performances.

Redcy

Well why be there say around for 3 hours. I’m sure if he was there 30 mins early he wouldn’t have gone home. I mean I’m no fan, but it just seems a reasonable thing to do tbh

Needham

Well why be there say around for 3 hours. I’m sure if he was there 30 mins early he wouldn’t have gone home. I mean I’m no fan, but it just seems a reasonable thing to do tbh
3 hours 3 minutes what's the difference. At this point people are just defending the guy even when he hasn't done anything wrong.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Is this a serious post? These guys are professional athletes. They have detailed training regimes to stick to, including proscribed rest. Throwing in a random three hour session (right before their scheduled training) would be an incredibly dumb thing to do.

Needham

Is this a serious post? These guys are professional athletes. They have detailed training regimes to stick to, including proscribed rest. Throwing in a random three hour session (right before their scheduled training) would be an incredibly dumb thing to do.
What are you talking about "random three hour session"?! I didn't read any of the rest of the thread and so don't know the details! Whether there was context to Martial's actions or not doesn't interest me! I do not like him!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What are you talking about "random three hour session"?! I didn't read any of the rest of the thread and so don't know the details! Whether there was context to Martial's actions or not doesn't interest me! I do not like him!
Then get out the thread because you’re making it painful for the rest of us.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
So he turned up at the wrong time for training and instead of staying and hitting the gym/shooting practice, he gets back into his car and goes home... This just sums up this guy
Maybe Carrington wasn't opened/fully staffed. He can't just jump the fence and start a kickabout. :lol:

OldTrevil

People are even getting their knickers in twists for this guy turning up early in training, at this point I doubt even a hatrick of goals and assists would have some on here admitting he did something good :lol:

garelo

He can atleast spend 1-2 hours hitting the gym rather than going back straight to home.

People are even getting their knickers in twists for this guy turning up early in training, at this point I doubt even a hatrick of goals and assists would have some on here admitting he did something good :lol:
ah yeah turning up 24 hrs early, hes so committed to our cause :lol: who is twisting the narrative here? :lol: forget about hatrick of goals and assists, fully committed martial for 5 games straight is a miracle at this point!

aeh1991

At least he never had any big disciplinary issues, had he?

Care_de_Bobo

Maybe Carrington wasn't opened/fully staffed. He can't just jump the fence and start a kickabout. :lol:
If he really cared about United he would have tried digging his way in or found a ladder from somewhere. If he still couldn't get in, surely he had a ball in his boot that he could have at least done some keepie uppies with in the car park.

Fergo and Keanie would never have allowed such low standards at this club.

Man Utd 1:3 Brighton

Red Rash

Thought he was anonymous today when we needed a goal. The lack of drive and constant injuries means he really doesn't provide a lot of value to the team. Pretty shameful when you see someone like Hannibal come in and at least throw himself about a bit even if he didn't get much opportunity to shine as an attacking force except for the goal.

Ricardo de la Vega

Thought he was anonymous today when we needed a goal. The lack of drive and constant injuries means he really doesn't provide a lot of value to the team. Pretty shameful when you see someone like Hannibal come in and at least throw himself about a bit even if he didn't get much opportunity to shine as an attacking force except for the goal.
He's always anonymous. Got no heart to play for the club anymore. Hasn't had for years.

RedDevilQuebecois

He is a part of the most embarrassing moment a player for the home team can endure at Old Trafford (the booing) and yet he can't work any harder to try shutting his critics. Pathetic.

It says a lot when he has never shown any form of desire nor willingness to compete whenever there is serious competition for his spot in 8 years.

lex talionis

Pathetic performance once again. Sancho deserves the banishment he’s enduring right now, but if it all came down to being shit in training it’s really hard to see how Martial could be better in training than Sancho to get starts and appearances as a sub while Sancho doesn’t even make the matchday squad.

the_cliff

Pathetic performance once again. Sancho deserves the banishment he’s enduring right now, but if it all came down to being shit in training it’s really hard to see how Martial could be better in training than Sancho to get starts and appearances as a sub while Sancho doesn’t even make the matchday squad.
The problem with Sancho is he struggles to even make it to training.

Of course I'm sure if we had Sancho today we would've won comfortably.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
He is a part of the most embarrassing moment a player for the home team can endure at Old Trafford (the booing) and yet he can't work any harder to try shutting his critics. Pathetic.

It says a lot when he has never shown any form of desire nor willingness to compete whenever there is serious competition for his spot in 8 years.
Weird comment, he had nothing to do with the booing, it was all Eth.

Appletonred

There are certain players at the club who actually reflect the ownership and culture, I'm here for the money, and not really interested in anything else.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Does anything say "we're not getting anything out of this game" then bringing on Anthony Martial with 30 minutes to go?

If that's our wild card from the bench this season, it's going to be tough to rescue points.... we need a striker in the Jan window badly.

UnitedRepublic

The game was already lost when he came on and Brighton sat deep and just out passed us there was nothing to be done by one player only. He put in a shift atleast he tackled he pressed cut of passing lanes but the team isn’t pressing as a unit and that made it so much easier for Brighton. The season is long and I don’t doubt that we will see Højlund and Martial play together because Martial is not a selfish player he knows his role and will pass the ball. Say whatever you want but Ten Hag knows Martial got quality in him, he just needs to get the injuries out of his system.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Weird comment, he had nothing to do with the booing, it was all Eth.
The booing was directed at the manager for the player he was bringing on. It was a direct indictment of Martial.

If it was Garnacho coming on for Hojlund, there would not have been boos. A few groans at taking of Hojlund but it would have been accepted as an equally dynamic player was coming on.

To bring on a statue instead of a guy who runs got the reaction it deserved. Reflected poorly on both the manager and Martial.

Andersons Dietician

The booing was directed at the manager for the player he was bringing on. It was a direct indictment of Martial.
The booing wasn’t anything to do with Martial, it was that he was taking off Høijlund in the first place. I’m sure ETH had his reasons but if he wanted to stick with two up top the one to take off was Rashford. You wouldn’t have heard any boos then.

Anyway was weird seeing Martial tracking back running beyond our midfielders trying to get back and defend whilst others just stood and watched. Maybe in shock or just because they are a bunch of lazy mofos

AshRK

Sack ETH and he would have outlasted LVG jose ole carrick RR and ETH. No wonder our club is doomed.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The booing wasn’t anything to do with Martial, it was that he was taking off Høijlund in the first place. I’m sure ETH had his reasons but if he wanted to stick with two up top the one to take off was Rashford. You wouldn’t have heard any boos then.

Anyway was weird seeing Martial tracking back running beyond our midfielders trying to get back and defend whilst others just stood and watched. Maybe in shock or just because they are a bunch of lazy mofos
Mate I was there. Literally everyone around was shouting abuse at Martial coming on for Hojlund. We could see Martial and Mejbri were about to come on and everyone assumed it would be 2 of the Eriksen/McT/ Casemiro going off.

Casemiro went off first for Mejbri and I think everyone expected Eriksen's number to go up but when it transpired he was taking off Hojlund for Martial, you could see the anger and disappointment all around. Part of it was of course due to Hojlund coming off but it was also directed at bringing on a useless lump of clay in his place.

It would have been acceptable if Martial was bought on for a midfielder, but to bring off a dynamic forward in lieu of Martial rightly angered people.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I wonder if Southgate and the top red pundits had criticised fans for booing him just as they did for Maguire

lex talionis

Bringing on Martial was a shocking decision by the manager, who is now losing the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps he had thrown in the towel and so went with Martial, but this is a player who should be training with the reserves and not see a matchday squad with the first team ever again.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Bringing on Martial was a shocking decision by the manager, who is now losing the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps he had thrown in the towel and so went with Martial, but this is a player who should be training with the reserves and not see a matchday squad with the first team ever again.
I don't get this to be honest, who should he have brought on as a CF given Hojlund quite obviously could not play 90 minutes for obvious reasons?
Why blame the manager who was asking for another forward other than Hojlund to be signed all summer?