2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Woodzy

Imagine playing like only 20 games in two years, having about 3 goals and then having the audacity to backchat your manager when he calls out your performance on the pitch. Antony Martial ladies and gentleman.

Stadjer

Hojlund was just as bad. No midfield that brings to ball from defense to the striker. Both wingers had bad (generous) games too. No support for the striker at all.

Harry Kane would look clueless in this team and setup.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
His pressing of Schar looked like he was playfully chasing a child where you deliberately slow your speed to make them think you can’t catch them.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I'll celebrate when he leaves this summer. From early promise to his state today...what a fecking disappointment.

Thank God we didn't swap him with Messi, huh?

kundalini

Unable to hold the ball up. Miserable attempt to track Newcastle CBs bringing the ball forward. Best thing he did was one moment defending in our box.

Marwood

Said a few weeks ago he shouldn't play for us again. This can't keep happening if we want to set some standards.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Martial still being at United says a lot about why we're going nowhere at a club. Its kinda wrong to pick on him. Its not like we lost tonight because of Martial alone. However, this club's tendency to hang on to players who cannot do it for us is maddening.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
My stream commentator mentioned that Martial hasn't completed 90 min. in a game for 3 years.

That's shocking if true.

berbasloth4

The disrespect on pitch today tell him to feck off too and bring back charlie McNeill or promote hugill. Bring back chicharito who said he’d play for free.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
He was invisible but people act like we didn’t spend the whole game in our half.
There are people in the Mainoo thread saying he wasn't helped by the manager's selection/tactics today so clearly we can be objective for some players but let our emotions run freely for others.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
He was invisible but people act like we didn’t spend the whole game in our half.
He is one of the main reasons we can't progress the ball though. Can't hold the ball for dear life, can't press, can't run, weak as... we basically are down to 10 men when he plays.

His contract expires next year right?
In 6 months so I have no idea why the bald man is playing him.

UnitedRepublic

He is one of the main reasons we can't progress the ball though. Can't hold the ball for dear life, can't press, can't run, weak as... we basically are down to 10 men when he plays.
The striker being the reason you can not progress the ball ? Maybe if you play hoff ball but we all know he’s not a target man but he is good when he gets the ball played into him but he didn’t even get anything played into him. No service today at all simple as we couldn’t even beat the press rewatch the game we played attack vs defense today.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
No idea how its 2023 and he's still here. Nearly been here for a decade.

Loon

:lol:
maybe under the new football structure we can afford to release him and some of the other deadwood.

MadMike

Yea he is a shadow of his former self. He is sluggish and doesn’t press. But I feel today he had no opportunity to show even the things he is good at (link up and finishing) because the team couldn’t get out of its half and we were hoofing the ball all the time. In this type of game, Hojlund is better suited. But for all his energy and enthusiasm the boy’s link up and finishing is not there. No much difference would have been made today either way.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'd say even if/when he's available on a free he'll struggle to find anything nearing a top club that wants him, yet 8 years later he's starting for us in an important match.

NoPace

I'd say even if/when he's available on a free he'll struggle to find anything nearing a top club that wants him, yet 8 years later he's starting for us in an important match.
He desperately needs to move somewhere they play 2 strikers.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Martial FC has to be one of the most underperforming time investment of my life. I'm only staying because of sunk cost fallacy at this point. Hard to believe that people will soon know him as Melanie and Samantha ex husband.
Come on Anthony just give us a few good games so that we can feast one more time

statpadder

I’ve said it a million times now. No striker would flourish at Utd in the current setup. People will not talk about how Hoijland also looked clueless.

We desperately need to sort our basics and have a base level technical + physical qualities for every player.

We have no composure with the ball, can’t press properly, can’t control the tempo because of Bruno’s attempts to create openings every now and then. In good positions, we don’t even pass the ball to our CF and instead opt to shoot or run into blind alleys.

Imagine being a striker for such a disjointed collective unit.

RedDevilQuebecois

Watch this bit. Sums up Martial in a nutshell.

He had the nerve to throw his arms up and complain like a baby throwing toys out the pram when the manager was ordering him to work harder without the ball. Fecking pathetic.

Son

My stream commentator mentioned that Martial hasn't completed 90 min. in a game for 3 years.

That's shocking if true.
Shows how low the standards are at our club. A so called United player and can’t finish 90 mins.

Problem is nobody will buy the bloke when he’s on 250k a week. Not even the Saudi’s want him as he’s a crock and lazy :lol:

AndySmith1990

In 6 months so I have no idea why the bald man is playing him.
Thank feck for that. It'll be a good feeling to be rid of this clown.

Martial is so utterly shit that I'm not even worried about the club extending his contract. His shitness trumps the clubs incompetence

Marwood

Him throwing his arms up at the manager was the most emotion I've seen from him in a decade. I'm really not exaggerating.

I wish he'd show a bit of that towards centre backs.