4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
No fee!!!

I know we're overpaying wages but surely even with 6 months left we can get a few million pounds back.
Nope, if we look for a fee he’ll just sit here on 250k a week twiddling his thumbs until the last minute. This saves us a few million and opens up a squad space and gets rid of an unhappy player. We should be writing players like this off years ago.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
Fans have a tendency to blame players for being injury prone as if they intend to be that way. I remember people having a go at Eric Bailly for being injury prone after suffering a concussion from a Harry Maguire charging blindly and headbutting him.

No one's saying Martial is an answer to our problem but it's the revisionist history I find weird. Guy had 1 in 3 goals/games ratio as a LW before he turned 23. Since then injuries have robbed him of what's supposed to be his peak years now. and sad thing is he was on an upward trajectory before the injury crisis.

Now all this time here has been summed up into the last 6 months.

Had a day off lad. How long has he been at the club and not doing any of the stuff you suggest on anything like a regular basis? Numerous managers have deemed him fit for a bit part role yet there are people who think he’s still a solution.
Big wages, poor attitude and we will be well shot of him.
Why even lie? Martial was a key player for every single manager prior to his injuries. Even Jose who tried his hardest to sell him ended up playing him and he responded by saving his arse. ETH wbo he's barely featured for cannot stop going on about his qualities and anytime he's been available he's played him despite his lack of goalscoring form.

Just say you don't like him and join in with the many fans on here and their irrational Martial takes.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Bloody hell, no fee? Can't they help us out with FFP and give us maybe 1 or 2 million?!
Everyone minted money from Saudi and we couldn't even get a penny for Ronaldo, arguably the most marketable footballer on the planet. You think this club can sell Martial for anything with 6 months remaining on his contract?

Last edited:

jasT1981

Apparently we are in talks to RENEW his contract

I'm guessing same old story. He could go on a free, but we extend his contract so clubs have to pay a fee, and then no one wants him and we are stuck with Martial

Shark

@NotShark
Just release him at this point ffs. Even the most desperate clubs around won't pay a fee for this waste of space.

Ibrahimorich

I'm guessing same old story. He could go on a free, but we extend his contract so clubs have to pay a fee, and then no one wants him and we are stuck with Martial
Surely this has to go via INEOS who cannot possibly fathom re-signing him. Unless it's on 50k p/w with a pay as you play bonus,

RedDevil@84

Baiting the Saudis to act quickly on Martial and Varane.

led_scholes

Yes please. He is very good the 40 minutes he plays every 10 games and he can always score against teams when it's 3-0.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag

If we renew his contract we deserve our situation, I'm starting to believe that our club is run by Liverpool fans.

RedDevil@84

Did anyone listen to the press conference? The United Stand seemed to have missed a line that was found in other tweets on this answer

"That is an internal discussion between the club and the player."

It may not be a contract extension talk. Could be if they are ready to get transferred in January to Saudi or whatever club wants them.

CallyRed

:lol: I would love to be a fly on the wall in his end of season performance review.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If we assume he's on £250k a week (£13m a year) I doubt we renew for a year.

However if he agrees to reduce that to say £150k a week (£8m a year) for 2-3 years it's a better deal. You won't find much better for £8m a year (including a transfer fee).

Similar story with Varane.

I reckon both go in the summer.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'll believe it when I see it. Sky probably just taking ten hags words out of context.

JagUTD

I see it like this.

We would be absolutely mad to keep Martial any longer and shouldn't even consider extending his contract.

Also.

We would be absolutely made not to keep Martial and extend his contract on the right terms as we are in no position to be shipping strikers out.

Quite the dilemma.

van Nistelrooy

When he's injured for half the season and a passenger for the other, it's a no-brainer.

Release him at the end of his contract. Signing a new deal, even on lower terms, would be a disgraceful decision.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Surely this has to go via INEOS who cannot possibly fathom re-signing him. Unless it's on 50k p/w with a pay as you play bonus,
I assume you mean he’d be paying us £50k a week to stay here. Even then that’d be a bad deal. It’s ridiculous.

AndySmith1990

We've made a lot of utterly stupid decisions over the years. Keeping Martial beyond the summer would top the list

Josep Dowling

If we assume he's on £250k a week (£13m a year) I doubt we renew for a year.

However if he agrees to reduce that to say £150k a week (£8m a year) for 2-3 years it's a better deal. You won't find much better for £8m a year (including a transfer fee).
Seriously what have you seen in Martial to make you think he’s worth £150k a week? He’s never fit and when he plays there is a real lack of effort. He’s a worthless player at this rate.

Irwin99

Even a renegotiated wage contract extension would be a stupid decision and would speak volumes about the ambition of the club. In the case of Varane it's kind of understandable- you're getting a very good defender when fit. With Martial there's just been so little since his last good year in the 19-20 season. It's four fecking years since then.

Hopefully this is all just speculation :wenger:. He'll leave in the summer and I very much doubt anyone decent will sign him up.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Seriously what have you seen in Martial to make you think he’s worth £150k a week? He’s never fit and when he plays there is a real lack of effort. He’s a worthless player at this rate.
Who would be your replacement for the same amount?

Josep Dowling

Who would be your replacement for the same amount?
There are plenty of players out there better than Martial that we could obtain on less wages. Most Premier League striker don’t earn his salary. The club could take advantage of players coming into the end of their contracts as there will be better options than him on a free transfers.

He’s currently earning £200k a week as a bench player. He has a terrible injury record, bad attitude, had a failed loan spell with Sevilla. 9 years at this club and his last good season was during Covid with no fans. There is no way his contract should be renewed at £150k, not even at £50k a week. He’s a failure that should have been sold 2/3 years ago.

I find it amazing how many Man Utd fans still rate him.