Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yes, much in the same way as they don't penalise shirt pulling or grappling in the box, are you suggesting that is within the law? Anyway the official ruling on throw ins:

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower:
faces the field of play
has part of each foot either on the touchline or on the
ground outside the touchline
uses both hands
delivers the ball from behind and over his head
I'm aware of the rules. I've player competitive football before. I'm also absolutely certain the referees and assistant referees are aware of them too. Yet Valencia almost never (as in, less than one in a hundred) gets penalised. There's a reason for that and it's not about not being arsed.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think most of them don't care too much about foul throws if it's "close", and Valencia's are generally usually on the edge, so I think he gets away with it. If it's truly awful then they whistle for them, but all professional footballers do half assed throw ins all the time that probably should be called back.
I think that's it. I've no idea why he takes the risk but it works out ok for him, so it's no big deal. Completely different story if he was getting picked up on it regularly. That really would be stupid.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm aware of the rules. I've player competitive football before. I'm also absolutely certain the referees and assistant referees are aware of them too. Yet Valencia almost never (as in, less than one in a hundred) gets penalised. There's a reason for that and it's not about not being arsed.
Well if you know the rules then you know he's taking throw ins incorrectly. Whether the ref penalises him or not is completely irrelevant.

kps88

I can honestly only remember him being blown up once and must have watched him take hundreds of throws by now. Dunno why he does it tbh but the ref lets it go 99.9% of the time, so his technique must be generally ok.
I can't believe you only remember it happening once. It's happened more than that and it's inexcusable.

ivaldo

Uh... It's actually completely relevant. It couldn't be more relevant.
Uh... No really it doesn't. We aren't discussing the application of the law, we are discussing the law. They are two different things.

ZDwyr

I think it's pretty obvious that refs are either not seeing his foul throws or they just can't be bothered with them unless it is blatant. I've seen a few foul throws not get called in other matches too. Referees just let it slide because it's a relatively minor thing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Foul throws are the biggest nerd alert in football. You really get very little advantage by lifting a leg or releasing the ball slightly early, the ref's just can't be fussed to pick them up on it. Tbh they might aswell be kick ins!

ivaldo

Yes, everything is Valencia's fault.
Yes, nothing is Valencia's fault, you can't deny his decision making was poor there, still McNair should've done better.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yes, nothing is Valencia's fault, you can't deny his decision making was poor there, still McNair should've done better.
Blind and McNair were in the thick of it. Valencia if i recall wasn't even near them. Plus McCarthy was the beneficiary of a lucky bounce and very good finish.

ivaldo

Blind and McNair were in the thick of it. Valencia if i recall wasn't even near them. Plus McCarthy was the beneficiary of a lucky bounce and very good finish.
The reason the counter attack was on was because Valencia stepped forward to try and challenge Lukaku in the air, he was never going to beat him and he was the pace at the back covering. Still, McNair should've made more of his tackle.

He's looked good going forward though, he's actually shaping his crosses now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Offers nothing but to stop time and play as deep as possible

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Looked every inch a winger trying to mark a centre half there.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
we really need to replace him in the summer. he's found out against every half decent team.

justboy68

Hilarious how so many people were oblivious to his pathetic defending tendencies until it is shoved blatantly in our faces. I've never known a player to gift so many goals. Even the clueless posters must be able to catch on after this.

Edit: Okay that outburst was too far but man I am just pissed off at this lot getting the better of us again. Ignore me.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Even if you take away his pitiful defending, he is absolutely nullifying any pace down the right. Him and Mata are having a competition to see who can slow down play quicker.

ivaldo

Apparently Van Gaal has an agenda does he ? Get over it. He could've done better, but it was a sublime header.
:lol: course he doesn't. But apparently having an opinion = having an agenda on here if you criticise the precious Valencia . If he stabbed someone you would say they ran into knife. :wenger:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
:lol: course he doesn't. But apparently having an opinion = having an agenda on here if you criticise the precious Valencia . If he stabbed someone you would say they ran into knife.
I like to think of it as supporting our players insteading of the insufferably tedious weekly knee jerking.

ivaldo

I like to think of it as supporting our players insteading of the insufferably tedious weekly knee jerking.
The fact its weekly is because he's making mistakes weekly. I'd love for him to do well because he's a United player, I haven't anything against him he seems like a genuinely nice bloke but he isn't good enough, I don't find any stock in pretending everything is rosey, or defending him when he makes errors, what's the point in that? I want the best for my team.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If only it was Rafael marking him.
My gripe with that is the organization. Never mind the fact Stones gets a good 3 or 4 yards of space, why is Stones being marked by a RB anyway?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I don't why he takes 5 touches on the ball and then makes the obvious pass which he could have done 5 seconds before.