View full 2014-15 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Robbie Boy

Nothing new here, he's not and never has been a viable option as our long term RB solution. He simply isn't good enough and has been at fault for so many goals this season.

m1tch

Now Rafael is out for the season, we don't really have any alternative option at rightback

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Shocking from him then. No excuses.

WyoManU

Good enough for a squad player. Not good enough if you want to win anything of value.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
It's all very well saying he can do a job but he's cost us countless number of points this season. Of course we need a fecking right back. It's a priority position. He can do a job but it's the basics a right back needs to do he's struggling with, case in point, the third Everton goal.

Rossa

Of all the days to peddle the 'he's hard done by' line you pick today?
Nope, just that people are much too harsh - he's been at fault for two goals, arguably, and thus he hasn't been any good, but brainless fecker and whatnot is just a bit over the top for me. I like him, but he's been poor today.

Kag

He's not been good today, but good to see that people still are going overboard with their criticism.
I don't think they are. Not only has he played terribly, being at fault for every goal, he's meandered about without a care in the world.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The entire defense stopped, Smalling, McNair could have continued running, as well. Why do people overlook that? It's a 4 man defense...

Robbie Boy

He's not been good today, but good to see that people still are going overboard with their criticism.
Not really. He's been awful. He's clearly a makeshift RB and we need a far more assured player to play there.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
How the hell was he at fault for the third goal? That's sweet.
I assume it's because he, along with the rest of the defense, switched off. Miracles was Valencias man tbf. But yeah, we definitely need a rb- but Valencias has been a decent stand in. Not first choice material though.

2 Neville's

He's simply not a right back, would he be good enough for Chelsea, Bayern, Barca or Real at the position? Definitely not, so why should we resign ourselves to say that he can do a job for us. Those are the teams that we should be competing with and Valencia wouldn't get a sniff at any of them. Keep him on the bench and bring in someone competent in the summer. Until then we'll just have to put up with him.

Kag

First of all it's an offside considering Lukaku ran far enough for McNair to stop running - he should not have stopped and thus would easily have reached the ball.
He was also at fault. How anyone can possibly reason that Valencia wasn't at fault for that goal is just mental. He's more got more to answer for because it was his man that scored.

Robbie Boy

He's been poor today, but he's had a good season overall.
He's made other mistakes during the season. He's not the answer to our RB problem. I have no problem keeping him as a backup but we need an actual RB brought in this summer. He has been adequate and had some good games but he has never fully convinced me.

OneUnited24

In the summer a right back is a must. Rafael is just too rash and Valencia is too prone to the "what the fu@k" moments.

Hes always the weak link in our teams be it at RB or RW
First of all it's an offside considering Lukaku ran far enough for McNair to stop running - he should not have stopped and thus would easily have reached the ball.
Come off it, should have looked around because thinking there was no one behind him

Rossa

He was also at fault. How anyone can possibly reason that Valencia wasn't at fault for that goal is just mental. He's more got more to answer for because it was his man that scored.
It was just a stupid goal from all ends. In my book that is as clear an offside, but McNair should not have stopped running and would have been the first to catch it - more his fault than anyone else, except the ref who has been abysmal.

Rossa

He's made other mistakes during the season. He's not the answer to our RB problem. I have no problem keeping him as a backup but we need an actual RB brought in this summer. He has been adequate and had some good games but he has never fully convinced me.
All players make mistakes. Ridiculous thinking otherwise. I remember Evra being blamed for a goal when there was a cross from Evra's side, Vidic cleared the ball and there was a goal from the rebound. Sometimes the Caf just needs scapegoats.

He was poor today, very poor in fact, but he's had a good season.

Timdbro

:lol:How can you argue he's not at fault for the third goal?
The run from deep comes from his side, his man is not offside so he has to stay with him.

Eugenius

See, that's a legitimate post! Spot on, mate.
His form has been OK recently on the whole. But anyone who thinks the mistakes today are out of the blue is extremely naive. It's no coincidence there have been goals in recent weeks where we've seen a gaping gap down our right hand side (Monreal, Aguero, Hazard), and you can make arguments why other players also made mistakes too in these goals, but Valencia's positional mistakes and ball watching have been seen there, as well as another brainfart in the Welbeck goal.

The rest of his game is good, but he's just not a natural RB. He's very good 1 vs 1 when the play is in front of him, but as soon as the ball gets played behind him he struggles.