5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
He's brutal. Painful to watch after seeing Dani Alves assist 3 earlier in a comfortable (8-0) win with similar one-sidedness to our game.

We need better players. The forwards aren't helping but full backs are crucial when facing parked buses and we're getting nothing.

dasty

Watching him you wouldn't even know he used to be a winger. Atrocious stuff yet again, but is anyone really surprised?

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Watching him you wouldn't even know he used to be a winger. Atrocious stuff yet again, but is anyone really surprised?
One of the luckiest players in football, to be playing week in week out for us, yet being so average at everything.

Kakeru

I just beg and pray that he will be among the ones to be axed this upcoming summer. I'm just feckin' fed up with him, that's the bottom line.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Bloody hell he wasn't that bad. Did more than Blind anyway.
Won the penalty. Hope you Valencia-bashers are giving Di Maria just as much of a hard time.

Kakeru

Hope you Valencia-bashers are giving Di Maria just as much of a hard time.
I do. If it was for me, neither Valencia nor Di Maria would feature in the starting lineup based on their overall performances (or rather lack of), and I wouldn't put them on the pitch until they show me that they are wounded animals (and the psychology going with it).

Timdbro

I don't want to see him start for us regularly either, but this was not really a performance to particularly criticise him about. Apart from losing Lescott a few times on set pieces (why do we have him defend good headers of the ball? Have we not learnt?) he was comfortable defensively. His poor crossing was standard Valencia and no worse than our other players today.

Zoo

How he lasted 90 minutes against a team that parked the double decker is beyond me. Surely Young should have gone to RB and Blind should have been left on as he can actually play football.

m1tch

Signing a right back is essential, Valencia is a constant disappointment, can't beat a man despite being faster than most players, and only second to Bebe when he does get a cross away.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Signing a right back is essential, Valencia is a constant disappointment, can't beat a man despite being faster than most players, and only second to Bebe when he does get a cross away.
Bebe's crossing wasn't that bad. He had a howler that everyone seems to judge him but, but he did ok otherwise.

Sam

That 'cross' after the RVP shot was saved, was he flagged offside?

All he had to do was pull it back for Mata and he had an open net, yet he managed to Bebe it out for a throw. Incredible.

jem

That 'cross' after the RVP shot was saved, was he flagged offside?

All he had to do was pull it back for Mata and he had an open net, yet he managed to Bebe it out for a throw. Incredible.
I've long since lost confidence in Valencia making the right decision, particularly when it comes to decisive crosses/passes near the opponent's goal.

His one-footedness, lack of touch on his passing/crossing, the total absence of any kind of goal-threat, the disappearance of the confidence to take on and beat his marker, as well as his at-times dodgy defending all make you wonder how long we can continue with this charade.

POF

I don't blame him for any of the goals - its more down to a miscommunication between several players of who is marking who. The anti-Valencia agenda is quite strong here though. Many think Rafa should be starting and each week, and go match day shopping for potential Valencia mistakes to reinforce their views.
Well we only conceded one. So it would be that one.

I try to avoid scapegoating when we concede a goal without any really obvious defensive error but if we really had to blame one United player for Chelsea's goal then it would obviously be Hererra. Nobody else even partly culpable. Unless, of course, you've got an underlying agenda...

It was a good goal, though, and not a very bad error. So don't see the point of scapegoating anyone tbh.
It's probably a bit late to continue this conversation but my point was purely that Valencia has no defensive instincts and is a huge weak link defensively. It's not scapegoating, it's just an opinion. For that reason I don't want him in the team. Conceding soft goals changes momentum in games and top teams cannot afford it.

I won't mention the Everton game because one game neither changes nor confirms that opinion. If you thought his defensive positioning for Hazard's goal was good then we'll just have to agree to disagree. I thought it showed a complete lack of awareness of where the danger was.

Bojan11

His corner marking is terrible. Let Lescott have a few free headers.

bugmat

He won us the penalty - that was the best piece of offensive play we had all game. From a converted (and seemingly pure rubbish) fullback. We needed more attacking invention from the 5 -6 attackers in front of him and the rest of our defence. He's not top class in RB but he was better than several yesterday and our best option until summer.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That situation when he passed the ball back to Herrera for him to cross it even though he was in the penalty box running at speed with so much space and could try whatever he wanted with the ball summed how clueless he is in attack. It's actually sad how negative he is with the ball. As soon as we find new right back we'll be different team attacking wise.

Varun

Staff
What does Rafael do in training to not even get ahead of Valencia boggles my mind.

kundalini

Not his best game. I was annoyed by the number of stupid freekicks he conceded.

dasty

Worst player on our team today again. Keeps fouling people for no apparent reason.

Kag

That second half performance was one of the most brainless he's ever put in, which is some achievement by his standards. I said it last week but I'm more than happy to flog him come the summer. These kind of performances just aren't remotely acceptable.

binary bot
His judgement speed is horrendous. He used to beat people just by kicking it and sprinting but now he takes about five seconds to make up his mind with everything he does. There was a point where Falcao was standing free past his man and he couldn't formulate a plan to get it to Falcao using his bad foot. Even when the ball is kicked in behind him at right back he takes 3 seconds for it to be acknowledged in his head, that or he can't get his head around the offside trap.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People might see it as knee-jerk, but he's lucky to be playing for us.

WyoManU

He can stay as a back-up. Not nearly good enough to be starting if we expect to win anything.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I've defended Valencia for most of the season, and I think a lot of has been justified, because even though he's been completely non-threatening, he's been defensively solid for a great deal of it. But all that solidity has gone to pot since around the Arsenal game in the FA Cup. He looks awful at just about everything now. Maybe he's knackered, as he seems to play more than anyone bar De Gea, but it's not an excuse for making such brainfart decisions, over and over.

Need a proper right back. Shame that the only proper right back we have is made of dog biscuits.

Acole9

Outstanding
My heart was in my mouth every time Palace attacked that side, he looked so nervous. We need a new right back for sure but he's fine there as cover.

Devil may care

I saw him rated as one of our best players today in the post-match thread, I've defended him quite often this season but I thought he was very poor at both ends of the pitch.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's not his fault, he shouldn't be playing there or still be at the club.

He should be playing solid but completely uninspiring football for someone around the bottom of the league, he can't be blamed for just being what he is.

m1y2

players with no football rain shouldn't be allowed to step on the pitch, it's crazy how crazy dumb he is in some situations, I am very frustrated as much as with Rafael unfortunate injury, that could certainly be his chance..