5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Varun

Staff
He's bang average. The movement and passing of mata and Herrera creates so many openings on the right. Would have absolutely loved to see what rafa could do.

We need a Rb desperately.

Varun

Staff
He just comes across as a bit dim on top of his obvious lack of quality. Needs way too much time to decide what to do when he gets the ball. Absolutely no self confidence either.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I've defended Valencia for most of the season, and I think a lot of has been justified, because even though he's been completely non-threatening, he's been defensively solid for a great deal of it. But all that solidity has gone to pot since around the Arsenal game in the FA Cup. He looks awful at just about everything now. Maybe he's knackered, as he seems to play more than anyone bar De Gea, but it's not an excuse for making such brainfart decisions, over and over.

Need a proper right back. Shame that theonly proper right back we have is made of dog biscuits.
Think he had a good game or two after Arsenal but been pants for a while now. Which gives the resident haters an opportunity to pretend he's been this bad all season. He hasn't. Obviously. Just a shame Rafael is crocked. Shite timing.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
Even if he was playing in his correct position he should only be playing for a team like Everton, ridiculous that we have had to endure his inept RB performances all year and haven't given Rafael any chances at all (when fit).

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
I love him. Has way better technique than is given credit for. Strong on the ball and a great passer. Even his crossing is getting better. Usually does a number on his rival winger or left back, though sometimes leaves us on the edge of our seat. Fecks up now and again but who doesn´t? Wouldn´t trade him for any other right back in the PL. Not spectacular nor world class, but United through and through. Am not on the negative bandwagon.

To be fair, history shows that Ferguson, Moyes, Goggs and Van Gaal would surely be in accord.

bugmat

He was great most of the year as RB but the past month (along with several other players tbf like Blind and even Yougn & Fellaini who've rediscovered themselves a bit today) he's gone off the boil since maybe the Everton loss. We need a proper RB but he'll still be a valuable squad player for next year if not a starter.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He's fine but I'm sure we'll bring in competition for him over the summer. He should really be playing a squad role if we have any hopes of winning the league or progressing to the later stages of the CL.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I love him. Has way better technique than is given credit for. Strong on the ball and a great passer. Even his crossing is getting better. Usually does a number on his rival winger or left back, though sometimes leaves us on the edge of our seat. Fecks up now and again but who doesn´t? Wouldn´t trade him for any other right back in the PL. Not spectacular nor world class, but United through and through. Am not on the negative bandwagon.

To be fair, history shows that Ferguson, Moyes, Goggs and Van Gaal would surely be in accord.
That's all true but would you not agree he was terrible today and has been for the last few games? Ignoring that would be as biased as those comments implying he's been this bad all season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His outside of the boot crosses make me want to cry.

Cina

That's all true but would you not agree he was terrible today and has been for the last few games? Ignoring that would be as biased as those comments implying he's been this bad all season.
Nobby is absurd when it comes to Valencia, always has been.

I just hope to feck he's our backup right back next year.

Cina

If only we had Nanikins . . .
Difference being that when Nani went to shit I acknowledged it, something you've never done with Valencia.

He was shit today and he's not good enough for Man Utd anymore.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
He gives away so many shit set pieces and free kicks in dangerous areas. Tony scares me as a right back.

Morpheus 7

I thought Valencia was shocking today. He gave away so many needless free kicks and his final cross was the usual(awful). It seems so long since Valencia has skinned a player and made the right choice. He's a backup player at best, we really need to address that position in the summer. His work ethic is fantastic, he tries his best but it's a shame Rafa never got a proper chance this season. Valencia's negative style is frustrating to watch but maybe his confidence is just gone. I really hope he doesn't play as a regular next year.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I hate the way he looks to burst forward, checks back and passes it backwards to someone in a worse position, his defending is always questionable relying more-so on his athleticism than brain back there.
I dont rate him at all right wing either, but for the fact hes usually fit and so many other areas needing attention this summer I would say it's questionable how much hes worth keeping around as even a squad player.

SteveW

I like Valencia and really wanted him to make it as a right back. It isn't happening though. Way too many mistakes and poor going forward. Rafael is twice the player but since he's never fit we need to buy

Cina

So why does LVG (and Ferguson and Giggs and Moyes) insist on him? There are plenty of options for right back if he is so shocking.

Maybe LVG sees the same thing I do
Who are the other options?

Rafael is the only right back we have and he's always injured.

bugmat

I'd say he was worse than both of them too.
And? Doesn't dispute the reality that he wasn't. Evans in his first minute slipped and gave a man a run into the box..less than 15 minutes later he's been nutmegged by Zaha also ona run into our box. Evans was a desperate throw of the dice by LvG and was our worst defender. Blind was also very poor as our DM - didn't stop palace at all from attacking us, and didn't help set any tempo for us. If they had better strikers we'd have lost that game.

Valencia also created one chance for Fellaini early second half before they equalised(which everyone is forgetting) that Fellaini put right into Speroni's arms.

kps88

Give up guys. Only Nobby, SAF, LVG and Moyes can really see his quality.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
So why does LVG (and Ferguson and Giggs and Moyes) insist on him? There are plenty of options for right back if he is so shocking.

Maybe LVG sees the same thing I do
Despite RB being the 1st position we'll go out and sign someone this summer? it's obvious Rafael hasnt the discipline to play LvG's system, not to mention his injuries, the only other option for the spot is a 19 year old McNair.
Besides which he was a completely different player and role played under Sir Alex for the majority.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Who are the other options?

Rafael is the only right back we have and he's always injured.
Urm Paddy, Smalling, Big Phiw . . . Rafa was ready for much of the time. If he was so bloody shocking, surely a genius like LVG would´ve looked for someone else. Even in the Arse cup match of his massive feck up, LVG said he was our best player.

I trust your evaluation of Tony about as much as I consider your evaluation of the long gone Nanikins.

And why don´t you ask your boy Pogue about his evaluation of the Berbatoss vs Tevez debate. End of, ha ha

Cina

Urm Paddy, Smalling, Big Phiw . . . Rafa was ready for much of the time. If he was so bloody shocking, surely a genius like LVG would´ve looked for someone else. Even in the Arse cup match of his massive feck up, LVG said he was our best player.

I trust your evaluation of Tony about as much as I consider your evaluation of the long gone Nanikins.

And why don´t you ask your boy Pogue about his evaluation of the Berbatoss vs Tevez debate. End of, ha ha
So a load of average center backs and a right back LvG doesn't rate.

You're a child.

marlowe78

I think he's played every week (beside's Rafael's injury) because he's average in a way that he doesn't hurt you too much. But as the season has worn on, his play has gotten worse and we look more and more vulnerable on his side. It is also criminal that Mata and Herrera link so well together on his side but they don't really have a second attacker option because he's totally clueless when he has the ball.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He has had a decent season but that's not enough for a club with our ambitions. His crossing is so poor that it's so easy to forget he's actually a winger who plays at RB.

SalfordRed1960

Think he had a good game or two after Arsenal but been pants for a while now. Which gives the resident haters an opportunity to pretend he's been this bad all season. He hasn't. Obviously. Just a shame Rafael is crocked. Shite timing.
I think today he was probably very aware of the attacking pace of the Palace wingers. He has not been as bad as people make out, but it obviously not his preferred position. I do not think LVG rate Rafael, I can't believe he has been injured all season.