View full 2014-15 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
His poorest spell this season by far. Utterly disgusting against Everton esp. Gets too much far too much slack for Palace game, though.
Do you think its a blip or a return to the norm?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm fully expecting the anti-Valencia brigade to slate an over-hit pass or something.

Very good half for Tony. Linked well with Herrera and Mata.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Probably his best half of football in few months. Good stuff.

Member 5225

hmm - can't remember any great offensive ball of note.
Defensively shaky as usual....meh - story of his season (and career of late!)

LeftyBlaster

Was defensively solid. People praise him for linking up well with Herrera and Mata; while that it true, it is a bad sign for us because that is all we can do on the right. If he doesn't rely on them, there's no way he's getting any room for himself or beating his man.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Not only were his crosses beating the first man but they good balls in. But being the depressive sort it just made me lament the player he has become where those sort of offensive contributions are a rarity rather than the norm like it used to be.

Still think we should sell him but at least today was a very good performance from him in all facets of his game.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I gave him an 8. Maybe a bit generous to put him next to Young and Herrera but he was left all alone on that right flank, against their most dangerous player, and stood his ground all game. We got much more problems down the left.

DevilRed

At least he tried to put in a few more crosses today. Still not enough for me though. Its a shame because our strikers are just so starved of service.

Raw

Thought he was brilliant, though his crossing still isn't good enough.

Should provide decent cover for our next RB.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was OK today I think. Kept it tidy at the back but offered feck all from his crosses.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Class today IMO. Completely kept their best player quiet and got forward to good effect as well. Was like a Valencia of old performance, reliable, consistent, and getting past his man all the time.

AttackingFlair

Good game but what is with the outside of the boot crosses when he has the opportunity to use the inside of his right foot to curl a ball into the box?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The trouble with Tony isn't as a defender, although he isn't top quality there either. Its his one dimensionality, his predictable one footed schtick that defenders know is coming each time. Hope we keep him as a utility/squad player next year behind whoever is going to be bought on the right.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I thought he did well, again, the issue is everytime you begin to think he's looking a decent player for the RB spot... the next game he costs a goal, I like the physicality he brings, it's quite staggering he looks so limited attack-wise from RB despite playing a few hundred games as a winger.

bugmat

Did well defensively - some good tackles, interceptions and even offensively he had a few crosses causing problems including one fellaini headed straight, another Fellaini set up Ander on his left and a third that ended up with RvP blazing over. Found Fellaini at least 3-4 times at the back post and Sanchez had one chance all game 9which he blazed over).

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Thought he decent yesterday, kept Sanchez quiet for the most part which was much better than the FA Cup game. Should definitely stick around as back up to a new RB.

Rossa

I don't understand.
I'll try to explain:
When Valencia moves his legs to create forward movement whilst carrying the ball, he does so faster than any other footballer. I'm not that surprised that he's at least as fast as Bale, as I see him a little overrated in that aspect. It does make it a little bit more frustrating why Valencia does not simply run past players instead of stopping to a standstill waiting for something...

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He does that but he is so one dimensional at doing it that defenders figure it out even before he figures out he'll do it.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'll try to explain:
When Valencia moves his legs to create forward movement whilst carrying the ball, he does so faster than any other footballer. I'm not that surprised that he's at least as fast as Bale, as I see him a little overrated in that aspect. It does make it a little bit more frustrating why Valencia does not simply run past players instead of stopping to a standstill waiting for something...
Overrated yet 2nd on the list.
I think you meant to say you think Valencia is underrated on that aspect.

Empire

Rooney was on that list too just behind Messi but quicker than Robben.

Rossa

Overrated yet 2nd on the list.
I think you meant to say you think Valencia is underrated on that aspect.
Well, people speak of Bale as he is out of this world in terms of speed, but Valencia is just as fast and has always been. That run that Bale made against Busquets is fantastic, but Nani pulled out a more impressive run against a defender this season. You are right though that Valencia is a little underrated in that aspect. Scholes thought he had lost a little pace... maybe on the first yard or so

Rossa

Rooney was on that list too just behind Messi but quicker than Robben.
He's figured on those lists time and time again actually. What baffles me about Rooney is that he can sometimes display that kind of pace, especially with the ball where he will just bomb through, on counter attacks in particular. At other times, he just looks pedestrian.

Rossa

He does that but he is so one dimensional at doing it that defenders figure it out even before he figures out he'll do it.
He often has a really poor touch when he kicks it forward in that he seems to kick it too far right, making it easy for the defender to get back into the game even though he is slower due to having to run a shorter distance. On defensive runs, a player like Aguero looked stationary. He also had Sanchez in his pocket for pace and toyed with Clichy even though Clichy was at full pelt, Valencia started behind him and had to accelerate.

LeftyBlaster

I'll try to explain:
Probably because there is more to speed when taking on your man. He limits him severely by being one footed. At full tilt he'd probably breeze past a defender if he had space ahead, but if we're trying to build up play, he'll always go for the cut back after being pushed out wide because they show him on his only foot. Then our play becomes congested on the right because you have him cutting inside on his RIGHT foot when Mata and Herrera are already in similar positions.

Hit It

I'll try to explain:
Its that split hesitation in the attacking areas that's so annoying to watch. You just can't afford to take your time because not only will the fullback get in front of him but it lets the midfielders that track back double up on the likes of Rooney and Fellani when they are in the box as well. Its been going on for so long now that I don't see him changing his style of play anytime soon.

Doubt he will leave in the summer as Rafael looks more likely go. I just hope we can get someone in who is better than Valencia in attacking sense but can defend just as good. Basically the perfect RB which is not asking for alot. :lol:

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
This fantastic run was against Chile in a qualifier in late 2013. Really shows his acceleration with the ball. Also note he was playing in central midfield that match which was away against a tough Chile side. Despite the loss the goal was hugely important because of goal differential.