Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaFletch

I agree. I fail to see what Lingard offers in the RW position that Valencia doesn't. And although Valencia may not be as good at getting past players as he once was, he is still miles better than lingard. He's probably better at supporting his fullback as well. I thought he should have come on for Mata yesterday.
I think Lingard's actually completed a cross this decade to be fair.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Our players tend to become world class in the treatment room only to become mice once they step out of it.
This is true, that being said we need a breath of fresh air and hopefully Valencia can ignite the right side in some capacity. I just can't handle seeing Mata on the right anymore, it seems LVG is the only person in the world who thinks that's a good idea.

dichinero

Not sure about him just walking in the team ahead of Varela and Darmian after a long injury lay off

lem8sh

This is true, that being said we need a breath of fresh air and hopefully Valencia can ignite the right side in some capacity. I just can't handle seeing Mata on the right anymore, it seems LVG is the only person in the world who thinks that's a good idea.
Valencia couldn't ignite a firelog. One of the most boring, predictable and safe players in any league in the world.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What I see is a group of above average players (no where near to world class) who are made to play in a horrible system. Under such circumstances they will barely make any difference at all

simmee

He couldn't cross a road.
That's literally the first time that has been posted in a thread about Valencia. You should go to the thread about Mata and ask what's the Mata with him because that would be hilarious too.

iKeano

That's literally the first time that has been posted in a thread about Valencia. You should go to the thread about Mata and ask what's the Mata with him because that would be hilarious too.
Seems to have made you cross.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Valencia couldn't ignite a firelog. One of the most boring, predictable and safe players in any league in the world.
Yet would you prefer the unpredictability of Darmain? Given the choice Valencia all day long for me.

Dobbs

I agree. I fail to see what Lingard offers in the RW position that Valencia doesn't. And although Valencia may not be as good at getting past players as he once was, he is still miles better than lingard. He's probably better at supporting his fullback as well. I thought he should have come on for Mata yesterday.
Valencia has 15 goals in his entire United career. Lingard is already on 5 after three quarters of his first season.

Goal threat is definitely something Lingard has over him.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
We were more open after he came on, which could be to do with chasing a goal, but a lot of Liverpool's penetrative passes came into the channels he has never in his career managed to block - between RCB and RB.

simmee

It's really not though. It's spot on for RAWK but united players just tend to get worse. For example, who of our injured players are getting hyped? Rooney got injured in good form but now he's shit and fat again. Jones is just Jones. I don't even know who else we have injured because they are all so shit.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Did well when he came on, made us a lot more solid on that side. Great to have him back, the biggest thing he provides is that physicality, pace and even if he is one dimensional, he kick it against those shines with conviction instead of half tapping everything like darmian has been doing.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He was appalling decision-wise.

He started off with giving Aguero room for a backpost free header. Then he chased Clichy into his own half and 2 passes later Smalling almost got sent off. Finally he lost Aguero at the backpost again (and then got beaten once Aguero chested it down) but fortunately the shot was off target.

Obiorahking_

What did he do well?
Apart from losing Aguero off the dribble when he first came on that nearly gave him an assist, he tightened up defensively especially when he had check Aguero a lot more. He kept him quiet and forced him to take shots from way out.

He also looked far more comfortable in possession than Darmian did and provided the physicality when we needed it. I think "fine" and "okay" fairly sums up his performance today.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Offensively he was ok, about equal to Rojo. Not a threat but he can carry the ball out and usually keeps possession.

Obiorahking_

It is amazing how much happiness and quickness certain United fans take in ripping apart Valencia.

Sad really.

binary bot
It's strange how he refuses to make the pass across the attacker to the free centre back, that's become vital to our possession football.

Decent performance.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He let Aguero walk around him for that Silva cross. Bless him and his tank physique but he falls asleep a bit too often as a right back. I'm not concerned as long as the play is developing infront of him but I'm concerned when he has his back to his man.

dichinero

It is amazing how much happiness and quickness certain United fans take in ripping apart Valencia.

Sad really.
His positional awareness was poor. On another day, at least 3 chances would have been converted from his positional play. He was exposed far too easily and Im surprised it took City till the last couple of minutes to throw Aguero on him.

Rake

He let Aguero walk around him for that Silva cross. Bless him and his tank physique but he falls asleep a bit too often as a right back. I'm not concerned as long as the play is developing infront of him but I'm concerned when he has his back to his man.
I didn't watch the game but i just watched about 10 minutes of match highlights and it seemed that every time he was out of position or not aware of the players around him. I hope he does better once he gets some match fitness.

Esquire

His positional awareness was poor. On another day, at least 3 chances would have been converted from his positional play. He was exposed far too easily and Im surprised it took City till the last couple of minutes to throw Aguero on him.
I quite like Tony V. But not at RB. Managers fall in love with his pace, physicality and think he can be an ideal RB but his positional sense defensively has been shown time and again to be lacking. Still thinks he offers something as a rotation player at RW.

Obiorahking_

Hearsay is so lame. Defenders even on the best games can make mistakes.

Positionally sometimes he was off but he made up for some of it;in addition, he had some nice moments going 1v1 with Aguero and brought the energy and physicality needed.
As I said IMO,
He was not Brilliant
He was not Fantastic
He was not great
He was not good
He was not decent
He was fine.

The White Pele

Very tidy in possession as always. Almost cost us a couple of times by losing Aguero at the back post.

Delighted to have him back though - another body in a thin squad.

Classical Mechanic

Can't deal with the ball in the air when defending at all. On the plus side he is strong and looks after the ball batter than the others in that position. He would be my choice for starting LB.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Struggled with Aguero but it is Aguero to be fair. Put in one great tackle in the box that the haters won't have seen. Think Rojo was an accident waiting to happen today so was a good sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.