Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The only downside of the newfound swagger at Utd is the cringe worthy moments like these. :lol: Right up there with the Official site announcing Pogba's new Haircut
Some of the posts here these past couple of weeks have been a little bit over the top. I'd leave all the big talking till after Christmas when we can have a picture of where we are.

RedCurry

Surely everyone here realizes that it's no coincidence that Valencia's resurgence comes at a time when we finally have a target man he can actually cross to? Not only Zlatan but Fellaini, Pogba, Rooney and Martial are all in the box for him to aim at.

How many times in last two seasons did we see Tony beat a man and get to the byline only to look up and see one maybe two players lazily jog into the box? No point trying those looping crosses when he only had Rooney to aim at.

Sigma

Surely everyone here realizes that it's no coincidence that Valencia's resurgence comes at a time when we finally have a target man he can actually cross to? Not only Zlatan but Fellaini, Pogba, Rooney and Martial are all in the box for him to aim at.

How many times in last two seasons did we see Tony beat a man and get to the byline only to look up and see one maybe two players lazily jog into the box? No point trying those looping crosses when he only had Rooney to aim at.
There's no resurgence in form. There's a resurgence in the way people think of him

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Watching him talk to MUTV now, and I truly can't believe that he can't speak English after 10 years of living in the country. Is he just shy to speak it in front of the cameras or is he just extremely lazy?

ThanksBoss26

Watching him talk to MUTV now, and I truly can't believe that he can't speak English after 10 years of living in the country. Is he just shy to speak it in front of the cameras or is he just extremely lazy?
I read something a couple of weeks back on this. Andy Mitten mentioned it below. He apparently speaks it better than he lets on.

Dante

Average bang
I read something a couple of weeks back on this. Andy Mitten mentioned it below. He apparently speaks it better than he lets on.
I know a lot of people who don't speak English as a first language. They're often proud and intelligent people. They can pretty much all speak English but will often shy away from it. It's not because they've failed to integrate. It's because they value their articulacy in their mother tongue, so speaking pigeon English makes them feel like they're idiots when they're clearly not.

Some people like to put their best foot forward at all times. Valencia looks like the kind of perfectionist (see his physique) who's of the same ilk. I bet he'd be mortified to talk like Anderson or Ronaldo (when he first came to United). He'll be thinking along the lines of 'better to say nothing than to say it badly'.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I know a lot of people who don't speak English as a first language. They're often proud and intelligent people. They can pretty much all speak English but will often shy away from it. It's not because they've failed to integrate. It's because they value their articulacy in their mother tongue, so speaking pigeon English makes them feel like they're idiots when they're clearly not.

Some people like to put their best foot forward at all times. Valencia looks like the kind of perfectionist (see his physique) who's of the same ilk. I bet he'd be mortified to talk like Anderson or Ronaldo (when he first came to United). He'll be thinking along the lines of 'better to say nothing than to say it badly'.
He's been living here for 10 years though. Herrera, De Gea and Mata for example are all clearly intelligent people who speak great English, and have been in England for much less time. It shows off their intelligence, infact.

Maybe Tony V just has a terrible north west accent he's ashamed of after living in Wigan and Manchester all his time here :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Unreal. Tony V is back. He is even dribbling and cutting inside now! What next, left foot? :drool:
I hope that he'll score a few screamers this season, we all know he's capable of scoring them

Sigma

That's what I mean. The improvement in him is ridiculous. He even just looks more confident
If you look at the OP, I clearly thought that he was as good as this last season (and the season before that)

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Nothing

Been easily our best player in the first half
Think that's the point. What has Mourinho done to reinvigorate him? He's a one-man right wing.

Cue abysmal feck-up that costs us the game :nervous:

Sigma

Nah, defo not. Hes hitting cross field fecking passes now :D Something has changed, drastically
OK, I'll give you that, crossing he seems a bit better (but I think that is due to the manager - like you say - and not his ability. RVP and him apparently used to practise his low crossing technique, the manager would have changed that if he thought that wasn't good). But defensively, and in the build up play, he has always been this good

Raw

Looked pretty good in the first half, pretty much our only threat down the right.

Then when we were seriously piling on the pressure, the habit of smashing defenders ankles with shit crosses came crawling back. None of that please Tony.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Back to his best is an absolute beast of a player (yes I'm bias) I love Valencia.

Sigma

Looked pretty good in the first half, pretty much our only threat down the right.

Then when we were seriously piling on the pressure, the habit of smashing defenders ankles with shit crosses came crawling back. None of that please Tony.
I agree with you, although that habit almost got us a goal with a deflection. He was our best player in the first half, second half he was OK, a bit frustrated, but so was everyone as Hull were really very good defensively. You saw many chances missed by a lot of our players.

Defensively, our back 4 looks very good though.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I thought that he would end up as my MotM but he slowed down in the second half. Still, a great game from him

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He should have done more with the ball today, had plenty of time and opportunities on it. Still, his work-rate down that right hand side is ridiculous.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thought his crossing wasn't great. Few times he hit it without looking up to see who was there.

Devil may care

Thought his crossing wasn't great. Few times he hit it without looking up to see who was there.
Agreed, he dominated his side and was a constant source of pressure on Hull's defense, but his deliveries were poor today.

Ace of Spades

He could try to vary his crosses more in games like these to keep the defenders guessing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think he gave up the floating crosses as we didn't win a single header in their box from wide crosses.
Yeah. I don't mind it when he smashed it in as he started doing. So many times you see those deflect around in the box and fall into the net. Or that time it just went in a few years ago. Hull were doing well with the high balls so it made sense to start smashing them

Redlyn

Unreal. Tony V is back. He is even dribbling and cutting inside now! What next, left foot? :drool:
I hope that he'll score a few screamers this season, we all know he's capable of scoring them
Come on, let's not get ridiculous now:D.

Sylar

Its funny, a season ago (well before it started) everybody (well majority) was hyped about Darmian cos it meant a RB who could defend and it also meant Tony V being out the team.

Tony V since he came back towards the end of last season has been fantastic for us. Also a reason why Mata is allowed to move in from the right as he just hogs that whole wing going up and down. Shames he not 25.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Thought his crossing was shit today. Dissapointing from a player who started off as a winger

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Very positive performance as he was everywhere, but his crossing was off.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
He is one of the best in the league at getting into crossing positions. Shame his crossing seemed to regress today.

If he could add the whipped cross between defenders and goalkeeper to his game like the one Rashford put in today he would be an assist God.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Crossing isn't as easy as it looks when faced with a box packed with defenders all game.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought his crossing was shit today. Dissapointing from a player who started off as a winger
Aye, couldn't cross the road tonight, was back to his usual self in that regard.

When he wasn't aimlessly floating balls in too close to the keeper he was lashing them in with no thought at all.

Let's put it down to Hull being very good and giving him nothing to aim at.

criticalanalysis

I think he gave up the floating crosses as we didn't win a single header in their box from wide crosses.
This is a criticism to the team and to Tony in general but we really should be putting in FIRST time crosses. First time meaning they are crosses along/with the run of play so the runners/headers of the ball can have a run INTO the positon. Too many times, we slowed the played down, went 1-on-1, play 1-2s, which basically gives the opposition time to set and hold position in the box.

Of course we need to be wary of counter attacking threats but a quality ball is sometimes easier to hit when you play it first time because of the positioning of players.

Hull were great defensively but we didn't really test them too much with our width despite dominating not to mention the lack of incision of central penetration till Miki came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.