g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Antonio Valencia image 25

Antonio Valencia Ecuador flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma

According to the Premier League website

Only one player [any position] has provided more successful crosses this season than the Ecuadorean’s five and no defender has received more passes in the final third than Valencia.

Cantona'sCollar

I never thought i would see ehe day that Valencia is on the "Premier League Player of the Month award" list and i would vote him :lol:

That's a ridiculous thing to say. He made the PFA Premier League TOTY in his first season with us and won our POTY in 2012. He was the best winger in England for a while - too many people with short memories.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think there is a chance that he could miss the Derby, Ecuador play on Wednesday morning (British time) and Jose said that he will return on Friday.

Footyislife

Don't know why everyone is so shocked. He's always been a beast shutting down the best wingers. His combination of speed/strength make up for any lack of positional discipline. If he ever learned to use his left foot, my god that would be scary.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Timbo is the most like for like replacement for Valencia and has performed very well in that position, sometimes better than Valencia e.g Tottenham.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So Valencia is back at Carrington and training, he will definitely be available for Saturday. Great news really.

Seems as though Mourinho has had a word with all the international managers, and made sure all the key players are going to be available.

The Red Thinker

So Valencia is back at Carrington and training, he will definitely be available for Saturday. Great news really.

Seems as though Mourinho has had a word with all the international managers, and made sure all the key players are going to be available.
Can't find anything on this. Where did you hear this?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
That gym is the one in Ecuador. He's even got Ecuador shorts on I think

Sigma

I think he got an assist for Enner Valencia against Peru

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Proving me wrong this season regarding the RB role. His strength is unreal.
He's been the best defender on the field, he seems like the only one who hasn't lost their head in the occasion.

Minimalist

A lot of players aren't up for the fight today which is embarrassing. Valencia is not one of those players.

Kag

His positioning is still an issue in spite of the very good one vs one defending. The gap between him and Bailly has been huge. The latter has been running around like a halfwit, admittedly.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
His positioning is still an issue in spite of the very good one vs one defending. The gap between him and Bailly has been huge. The latter has been running around like a halfwit, admittedly.
His positioning has been fine. Bailly has been the issue. And if you look at Citeh´s second goal, Valencia perfectly plays him offside, whereas Daily Blind is caught ball watching and gifts them that goal. Valencia has been the only one up for this match for United.

Sigma

One of our best players today I would say, despite only flying back from South America 1 day ago

binary bot
Someone needs to tell him that he doesn't need to hesitate before every cross.

Devil may care

Put in a tremendous amount of effort but poor delivery when in good posiitons and him and Bailly looked ragged in the first half as City pressed them.

Sigma

His crossing is just so bad though, it's really frustrating.
He got in that position, what, twice??

I seem to remember Shaw and Miki getting into those positions and they didn't capitalise on that too.

forevrared

Put a fecking cardboard box on his right foot and make him hit crosses with his left in training. Every day. Even if it's only one moment a game that goes wanting, it's unbelievable he's got so little ability in his left foot as a professional football player.

dustfingers

Supports
MMC
He has tremendous stamina and work ethic, like what would you expect from a full back.
Put in a tremendous amount of effort but poor delivery when in good posiitons and him and Bailly looked ragged in the first half as City pressed them.
Who did not though? Hard to put blame on two of them when everyone was making bad decisions, losing ball all the time with their pressing.

DocRockter

Only came back from Ecuador yesterday after two tough matches there so it was clear he was a bit tired in the last 25mins.. A great performance overall

Status
Not open for further replies.