Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Put a fecking cardboard box on his right foot and make him hit crosses with his left in training. Every day. Even if it's only one moment a game that goes wanting, it's unbelievable he's got so little ability in his left foot as a professional football player.
Within 5 minutes that cardboard box would be torn apart.

Godfather

Played well again. Absolute tank atm. The only one I was really satisfied with. (Herrera as well when he came on)

blitz133w

He's not human. He's survived and impressed three managers and going strong with the fourth. He's really underrated by our fans just because he's not vocal. He was superb today. He started adding crossing to his game again and even took the ball inside to cross with his outer foot. Was a poor cross but he's coming out of his comfort zone. He can truly be among the best players in his position if he just adds a little extra to his game. For some reason not many realize that.

Sb_16

Rejuvenated this season. Shame he was injured most of last season. Needs to keep working on his crossing as he's the only consistent threat we've got in that department.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Good game from him again. Though, it was depressing to see our last attack of the game die due to his utter resistance at using his left foot. I kind of feel sorry for his left foot; it must be so lonely.

ZDwyr

The fact that he only has a 6,1 rating on today's match is so weird - lower than Bailly, which is just baffling.
Bailly is the shiny new toy. it is understandable (although Valencia was much better today).

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Valencia was poor today. Poor positioning, poor use of the ball in final third, he's just too one dimensional. There was a reason City kept attacking down our right. He just isn't required quality for me.

Mike09

Valencia was poor today. Poor positioning, poor use of the ball in final third, he's just too one dimensional. There was a reason City kept attacking down our right. He just isn't required quality for me.
Because Mkhitaryan and Bailly were ball watching that's why the attacks came from right side and De Bruyne was enjoying toying with Bailly our right centre back. Nothing much from Nolito today.

Manny

Grammar Police
Had a good game today and looked like one of the few players that were actually playing the occasion. Some poor crosses though.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
Funny, I remember City´s actual goals coming down the middle and from the Shaw´s side, as well as Shaw´s side when Prince Harry hit the post again. And if you´re going to complain about his positioning, blame Mourinho. He is the one positioning him more centrally, giving the wings more outside space. And watch the second goal, Valencia perfectly plays him offside while ball watching Blind gifted them the onsides goal.

Last edited:

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You and me must have watched different a different game today

Sigma

Funny, I remember City´s actual goals coming down the middle and from the Shaw´s side, as well as Shaw´s side when Prince Harry hit the post again. And if you´re going to complain about his positioning, blame Mourinho. He is the one positioning him more centrally, giving the wings more outside space. And watch the second goal, Valencia perfectly plays him offside while ball watching Blind gifted them the onsides goal.
Exactly

3KDré

I completely forgot that he had only come back from internationals about a day ago. The guy is a tank. Seriously reliable.

izec

I didnt notice him much, but he wasnt a fault for any goal or made bad mistakes. I like Tony, he is a real professional. No scandals, no partying, no nonsense, just does his job quietly and what can you ask more. I wish he would work on his crossing, other than that, you cant really want more froma RB in this team and setup.

DWelbz19

One of the few who actually played to the acceptable standard.

Sylar

Defo needs to work on his crossing (but lets be honest, it wont happen now cos hes been doing it for a few years).
No left foot which means hesitation and then trying toget it on the right or outside the foot right.

He defended well though and got up to support really well.

Skills

Snitch
He did well. Hes a right back, but unfortunately he will forever be judged by his old winger standards.

Rossa

He was so much better in the second where he seemed to be awarded freedom to go forward. It also put pressure on their wingers. Mourinho needs to stop being so defensive

Perrick Dubois

Thought he was quite poor at reading a lot of what was going on down our right hand side. He did not combine with Mkhi on the defensive end well at all and looked all at sea positionally in defense. He was allowing players to peel off and fire in De Bruyne through the center for most of the first half.

JaffyJoe

Because Mkhitaryan and Bailly were ball watching that's why the attacks came from right side and De Bruyne was enjoying toying with Bailly our right centre back. Nothing much from Nolito today.[/QUOT

Bailly wasn't ball watching at all. He was all over the place. Players kept ghosting in behind Felliani, who was his usual self. Nolito was
You and me must have watched different a different game today
He kept showing Nolito inside rather than on his left and he kept feeding the central players, his inability to handle things on his side (along with Felliani) meant Bailly had to vacate his space to engage higher up.

Compare that to an actual good performance which was Shaw completely shutting Sterling down dealing with those passes wingers latch onto inside the fb. Valencia was then horrendous with his delivery he doesn't aim his crosses he either just lofts it or hammers it. I judge players relative to the best about so when people say Valencia has been playing well I look at Lahm, Alaba, Felipe Luiz, Azpilicueta, Marcelo, Carvajal and have to disagree. He'll never be good enough for this club.

Lawman

He kept showing Nolito inside rather than on his left and he kept feeding the central players, his inability to handle things on his side (along with Felliani) meant Bailly had to vacate his space to engage higher up.

Compare that to an actual good performance which was Shaw completely shutting Sterling down dealing with those passes wingers latch onto inside the fb. Valencia was then horrendous with his delivery he doesn't aim his crosses he either just lofts it or hammers it. I judge players relative to the best about so when people say Valencia has been playing well I look at Lahm, Alaba, Felipe Luiz, Azpilicueta, Marcelo, Carvajal and have to disagree. He'll never be good enough for this club.
Think you're deluded! Judge our players by their own performances. Valencia and Fellaini were two who got pass marks yesterday. Bailly was poor and Blind was at fault for both City goals. Bailly or Blind should have followed their striker as he came short into midfield but they didn't first half and that contributed to the reason we got battered. Second half the did it better. Blaming Valencia the way you are makes no sense.

JaffyJoe

Think you're deluded! Judge our players by their own performances. Valencia and Fellaini were two who got pass marks yesterday. Bailly was poor and Blind was at fault for both City goals. Bailly or Blind should have followed their striker as he came short into midfield but they didn't first half and that contributed to the reason we got battered. Second half the did it better. Blaming Valencia the way you are makes no sense.
You judge quality relatively and holistically. What is good for Valencia would be average for a top full back so to say he is playing well for a team who aspires to win this league baffles me. He would be good for a Soton or Everton. Fellaini was poor and we won't prosper as long as he starts for the team, he can't mark space, below average on the ball, too slow, clumsy. Silva, Fernandino and KDB had a field day so I'm actually baffled as to why Felliani is getting high marks. Nolito was constantly on the ball providing service to those in the middle. Like I say as long as they both start we are not going to reach our full potential.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He's an absolute tank and had a good game yesterday but I find it fecking ridiculous that a top level footballer can be so one footed. I'm not expecting him to ping cross field balls 60 yards with his weak foot, but he literally never ever uses it. It's mind boggling that he hasn't attempted to improve this part of his game in 31 years.

Lawman

You judge quality relatively and holistically. What is good for Valencia would be average for a top full back so to say he is playing well for a team who aspires to win this league baffles me. He would be good for a Soton or Everton. Fellaini was poor and we won't prosper as long as he starts for the team, he can't mark space, below average on the ball, too slow, clumsy. Silva, Fernandino and KDB had a field day so I'm actually baffled as to why Felliani is getting high marks. Nolito was constantly on the ball providing service to those in the middle. Like I say as long as they both start we are not going to reach our full potential.
What are you on even on about? For the love of God I judge our players on how they play for us not in comparison to other teams players.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
His crossing still does my head in. Thought he was generally very good, yesterday, but, around the 94 minute, he had a great opportunity to put in a cross and decided to go with the outside of his right foot thus fecking up the chance.

JeffBoomTetris

He was good. The only defender that actually looked like defending. Nolito is annoying to play against. He did well to shut him out though some passes were still played down that side. Compare that with Shaw who was pretty poor and was getting pulled all over by Sterling and later Sane

POF

He was good. The only defender that actually looked like defending. Nolito is annoying to play against. He did well to shut him out though some passes were still played down that side. Compare that with Shaw who was pretty poor and was getting pulled all over by Sterling and later Sane
I would agree with that if you swapped the names Valencia and Shaw.

I thought Shaw was excellent defensively. He ran out of steam a bit late on but I thought he had a really good game. The best of the back 4 defensively by a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.