Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma

Poor defensively today. Was slow getting out for the goal and his bad first touch should have led to a goal inside the first ten minutes.

A good outlet going forward, mind you.
I thought he was good defensively. No idea how you can blame him for the goal when Lingard was the guy who allowed him inside.

arthurka

Thought he was poor today.. Bad touches that could have costed us a goal in the first half.. Poor defensively and offered only bad crosses. Not his best in a good united team.

hirotan69er

He's got the pace and he had good runs in the first half...but seems like everybody in the league can easily shut him out when he's about to send the cross in. Why couldn't he just turn and send cross in with his left foot like his very first cross that he sent in today?

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Is there anywhere you can see crossing statistics online? Squawka only has overall passing stats. Would be curious to compare him to Clyne, Alves, Aurier, Bellerin, because he seems to waste way too many clear openings. Credit to him for creating the chances with his runs and mobility, but he rarely makes them count.

That left footed cross though :eek:

Kag

I thought he was good defensively. No idea how you can blame him for the goal when Lingard was the guy who allowed him inside.
Well there was two of them and between them they should have done more. Lingard got beaten easily but Valencia was slow to get out and press.

Sigma

Well there was two of them and between them they should have done more. Lingard got beaten easily but Valencia was slow to get out and press.
If he pressed what would have been different? It would have been 1v1 vs 2v1, nothing came from the fact that he didn't press. Not Valencia's fault at all

Kag

If he pressed what would have been different? It would have been 1v1 vs 2v1, nothing came from the fact that he didn't press. Not Valencia's fault at all
Because he was initially closer to Gray than Lingard. Had he sprinted out to him then Gray would have had more work to do getting inside.

Sylar

Im still shocked he crossed with his left foot in the first half. If he did that more, he would be a bit less predictable.

It does seem like wants to go for the option which is more likely to work (eg his right foot) which often lets the defenders get back at him.

Rossa

Poor defensively today. Was slow getting out for the goal and his bad first touch should have led to a goal inside the first ten minutes.

A good outlet going forward, mind you.
You do know that was Lingard getting skinned, right, as Valencia was watching the channels...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
99% of the time, that amount of pressure we had on gray wouldve been enough and his shot wouldve been a nothing attempt. Sometimes you just have ti accept that you will concede out of nothing

Kag

You do know that was Lingard getting skinned, right, as Valencia was watching the channels...
I've watched it back and you're right. But there was another moment towards the end of second half when Valencia didn't get out quick enough and I remember shouting at the tele as a result. I think it was when Gray whipped in a ball from the right wing across the face of goal. In truth, I'd need to watch it back.

Man Utd 1:1 Stoke

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Quite isolated on the right, also Arnautovic is man-marking him.

Still think we need an upgrade for the RB. Fabinho and Hysaj the obvious candidates.

m1y2

RB is one of the position we can defo do better, some RB who can pass, cross and defend, just oneof those games for him

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He's shit. Honestly don't understand why he raced out with Bailly to block the shot/cross from the Stoke player who hit the bar. Terrible at defending and quite poor at crossing. He's a crap right back.

Minimalist

Offers very little in an attacking sense. Predictable and useless when chasing the game.

He's a fantastic athlete and works his balls off, that buys him respect for sure. However, this is not a right back. He's doing a job.

Sigma

He's shit. Honestly don't understand why he raced out with Bailly to block the shot/cross from the Stoke player who hit the bar. Terrible at defending and quite poor at crossing. He's a crap right back.
Your really blaming him for the goal?

Was fine today imo.

Sigma

I blame De Gea more so than Valencia. But the latter has no idea how to defend. There was no need for him to charge out when Bailly had already taken care of that.
I would blame blind for conceding the throw, then Herrera for getting easily beat then de Gea for spilling the ball before I get anywhere near Valencia.

And he does have know how to defend, saying that after one incident in which you perceive he did something wrong is just naive.

POF

Your really blaming him for the goal?

Was fine today imo.
De Gea was definitely more at fault but if Valencia hadn't charged across United would have won the game.

Heartbreaking result and a terrible goal to concede.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I would blame blind for conceding the throw, then Herrera for getting easily beat then de Gea for spilling the ball before I get anywhere near Valencia.

And he does have know how to defend, saying that after one incident in which you perceive he did something wrong is just naive.
We may as well go back a few more minutes and blame all 11 players for any mistake in the lead up to goal. He's pure shit at defending, and does very little going forward. Sorry, but he simply infuriates me.

Sigma

We may as well go back a few more minutes and blame all 11 players for any mistake in the lead up to goal. He's pure shit at defending, and does very little going forward. Sorry, but he simply infuriates me.
I don't think any actual goal (except 1 in which Lingard was at fault for getting beat really easy) has come from his side this season. They have mostly come from Shaw's/Blind's side.

Devil may care

His poorest game of the season, too much space in his channel defensively and didn't compensate with much impact in the attack.

JON.B

Sloop
If it wasn't for his physicality people wouldn't rate him half as much as they do, he does an okay job but we're kidding ourselves if we think he's an asset to the team. We can do much better.

Ixion

Positionally he's just not good enough for a defender.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he played fine again today? Though of course many love to shit on him at any chance they get. What exactly did he do for their goal that makes him at fault? How can anyone expect David De Gea to spill an easy shot like that? One of the top 2 goalkeepers in the world, when he makes a mistake, you can't really expect the defence to bail him out.

lem8sh

If it wasn't for his physicality people wouldn't rate him half as much as they do, he does an okay job but we're kidding ourselves if we think he's an asset to the team. We can do much better.
If it wasn't for his physical attributes he'd barely be a professional footballer in fairness.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Scored 1-0 goal vs Chile and has set up three good chances for his team-mates, having a big part to play in the 2-0 goal, as well.

3KDré

I don't understand how he performs so well offensively for Ecuador and is just plain average with us.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Tony’s engine is amazing, keeps running up and down the right flank on that altitude.

tomaldinho1

Scored 1-0 goal vs Chile and has set up three good chances for his team-mates, having a big part to play in the 2-0 goal, as well.
This is actually my biggest problem with Tony - always needs that extra touch. Most attacking players would have buried that first time.

That's probably why so many of his crosses are blocked...

Status
Not open for further replies.