Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

He got in good positions a lot, but is crossing was nowhere near as good today as has been in the last few weeks

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He was our most important outlet today since he was the only one usually unmarked, and had the whole flank to himself (I don't remember him having to defend in position for more than 5 minutes). Considering that, he was disappointing: plenty of chances to put in a good cross but I don't remember a single threatening one.

Eddy_JukeZ

How I wish he had just half of Beckham's crossing skill.

So many good positions today, but not 1 threatening cross. Annoying, but despite that he was good again.

Sigma

He was our most important outlet today since he was the only one usually unmarked, and had the whole flank to himself (I don't remember him having to defend in position for more than 5 minutes). Considering that, he was disappointing: plenty of chances to put in a good cross but I don't remember a single threatening one.
How I wish he had just half of Beckham's crossing skill.

So many good positions today, but not 1 threatening cross. Annoying, but despite that he was good again.
Watch the first half again, there were plenty of threatening ones. Also, his deflected cross nearly resulted in a goal if not for a good save from Jakupovic. And, another of his crosses should have been awarded a penalty for a handball.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Watch the first half again, there were plenty of threatening ones. Also, his deflected cross nearly resulted in a goal if not for a good save from Jakupovic. And, another of his crosses should have been awarded a penalty for a handball.
I was actually thinking of the penalty cross. It was one of his worst, since it was going slightly away from goal, wasn't that fast, and there was no clear target at the edge of the box. He made up for his limitations past few games by floating to the back post for Ibra, he should stick to that.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
at the end of last season, he near the top of the list of players i thought might be moved on..... my god is he making feel stupid with his performances so far this season.

thought he was our best player in the first half today

Mike09

I agree with this, the first half crosses were very threatening. I think his cross started to decline after that handball penalty incident, probably because the pitch was too wet. Him and Shaw were great both offensively and defensively. So tireless and their fitness are unbelievable. It won't surprise me if he can still play with us when he reaches 35.

Perrick Dubois

His delivery reverted back to his standard from last season. The conditions were very very poor however so there wasn't really much to complain about. I'd like to see him stand his marker and use getting to the byline as a weapon if things aren't happening, rather than just aimlessly womping the ball in all day.

itso 7

His delivery reverted back to his standard from last season. The conditions were very very poor however so there wasn't really much to complain about. I'd like to see him stand his marker and use getting to the byline as a weapon if things aren't happening, rather than just aimlessly womping the ball in all day.
Yeah I think a little variation wouldn't hurt like going for goal himself or, as you said, going to the byline to disrupt their defensive shape. Still he's started the season very well and will be a key member of the side going forward.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He is one of the best in the league at getting into crossing positions. Shame his crossing seemed to regress today.

If he could add the whipped cross between defenders and goalkeeper to his game like the one Rashford put in today he would be an assist God.
I think that's kind of related. It has always been like that, the opposition gives him a lot of space to operate because his crossing is pretty poor. I wish he mixed it sometimes, passing on the edge of penalty area etc.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I think its to do with the abnormal amount of bodies in the box. In the first half there were less so Valencia looked better. Its always difficult when you have to pick out a man in a box filled with 9 players - which happened in the second half.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Doesn't seem to be the popular opinion but he was my man of the match, although Rashford was great when he came on as well

Litch

Again like many, fresh page in his career. Another one on Jose's list of def starters and the one thing you know about Jose, if he likes you your staying put as he likes a settled team.

Shimo

Is Brazil game only one Ecuador have coming up? Be nice if he doesn't have to fly back in just a couple days before the derby. He is going to very important to keep an inform Sterling quiet.

Sigma

Is Brazil game only one Ecuador have coming up? Be nice if he doesn't have to fly back in just a couple days before the derby. He is going to very important to keep an inform Sterling quiet.
They have 2 I think, ones on the 6th of September :(

Shimo

They have 2 I think, ones on the 6th of September :(
Ugh. Yeah looks like against Peru for a qualifier. Still hope he starts the derby (not sure why I didn't find it when I looked at their schedule the first time)

Mike09

His stamina and fitness are madness. Countless times during Sir Alex and Moyes era that he traveled long distance and just came back one or two days before the next match started the manager still start him because the medical team say he's fit enough to play.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
So there will be no mass shin abrasions occurring to City players?! Such a shame, we desperately need new strategy for the incoming derby...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Terrible news, but if any player in the side could handle timing like that, it'd be Valencia.

podurban2

As long as he keeps smiling he'll be fine as I'd argue there must be direct correlation with his recent rejuvenation.

Sigma

Good thing is he is only playing 1 match, so hopefully he will be fine

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Aye, probably should've been Bailly, but Valencia has been great too.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Terrible news, but if any player in the side could handle timing like that, it'd be Valencia.
Came in to post this. He's done it before, landed and played the next day. The guy is a beast.

Just seen he's up for player of the month, think that's fair enough. Case for Bailly I guess but would say he's been better than Shaw so far (coming from a big Shaw fan as well).

Mike09

Aye, probably should've been Bailly, but Valencia has been great too.

Nah, I think Valencia has been the best one in our side for the last three games. Fully deserves the player of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.