Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

devips

Interestingly, Navas who was so devastating against Shaw in the first half, changed wing in the second half, and didn't even try to outpace Valencia and send crosses.

Bwuk

Hope he hasn't done his wrist too bad, seemed in a lot of pain throughout cause of it, and he's streets ahead of the rest of our right back options.

Cathy Ferguson

He took a lot of criticism during the summer for not being a proper right back. I think he has proved all the doubters wrong, me included. He is our best defender along with Bailly. Smalling, Blind and Shaw are not as dependable.

Clas Sified

Interestingly, Navas who was so devastating against Shaw in the first half, changed wing in the second half, and didn't even try to outpace Valencia and send crosses.
Think that's because Navas is extremely one-footed imo. Nevertheless, Valencia was fantastic today again.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Valencia's been class all season. Him, Herrera, Mata and Bailly been our only 4 consistent and reliable players this season. He's one of the few who you can always count to give 100% no matter the opponent and we need more of that attitude from the others.

donkeyfish

DID WE EVEN SEE A LEFT FOOTED CROSS?!
He had one earlier as well, against Leicester I think.

My MOTM today. Such an incredible ability to win 50/50s, rarely lose the ball as well. If he has a bad touch, he just hammers the opposition and win it back.

Always available for a pass. Has been a real asset this season, one of our best for sure.

Tiber

Crossing left a lot to be desired... but some great slide tackles

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Always been a fan of Valencia. Sure we've had more talented players but he's up there with the best in fight and desire.

His stamina is absolutely insane. His defensive work 1v1 is so underrated too.

Best of all he's usually a 7/10 performer every match, if only he could cross dangerously!

Owngoalscorer

His left foot cross was better then most of the right foot ones tonight... Doing better & better at right-back and he really is a danger going forward - seems to be getting a lot of his old self back which can only be good for us

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Is very good on his day and under Jose, he's started crossing the ball properly.

criticalanalysis

His acceleration and ability to get in to challenge and very often win (or affect positively) those 50/50s even 60/40s (to the opposition) is absolutely batsh|t insane. Amazing athlete and professional. For all his flaws, he makes up for it in other ways substantially.

redpatron

welcomed sane to english football with a proper stiff tackle and turned him inside out.:lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's really impressed me recently, and no one had been a bigger critic of the lad than me. still pretty suspect positioning on occasion but has the pace to recover.

He's started getting some lift on his crosses too! No more shin smashers.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Still one of my favourite things to see at Old Trafford is when an opposition player engages in a test of strength with Valencia... most folk just bounce off the man.

The United

He has been good since last season when he came back from his injury.

Also when people name all the players who they think are strong and powerful then leave him out, I lold a bit.

The guy is a fecking tank with a jet engine.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
After 4 years of deliberation I finally got him on my shirt this summer. One of my favourite -ever- United players alongside RVP, Evra and Cantona.

Almost always gives a 7/10 performance or better, physical beast and recently he has really set the bar for a United performance.

Also, when he took the captain's armband a few weeks ago my heart melted.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
In fantastic form at the moment. Such a physical beast, really pleased with him. But his absolutely greatest asset is he's such a fantastic outlet, you can always give him the ball and be confident he wouldn't give it away. He'll carry the ball up field 30-40 yards or he finds a team mate with a good enough pass. Sounds easy but it really isn't.

He's really impressed me recently, and no one had been a bigger critic of the lad than me. still pretty suspect positioning on occasion but has the pace to recover.

He's started getting some lift on his crosses too! No more shin smashers.
Same as me.

It was always his positioning and his crosses. He's quick enough to recover most of the time he gets caught out of position, and this season someone has told him it's not enough to just smash the ball at the defenders as hard as he can. It's like having a new player, and he's one of the few with SAF's winning mentality built in.

Murray3007

first i think i am due him an apology, wanted him out in the summer after last few seasons performances, but my how he has proved me wrong, hes been fantastic this season, seems to be getting his crossing back as well like he had in the 1st few seasons here, long may it continue.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Still one of my favourite things to see at Old Trafford is when an opposition player engages in a test of strength with Valencia... most folk just bounce off the man.
He's made of granite, I remember Rio tweeting in amazement at watching him in the gym "throwing weights around like I threw Torres around".

Golden Nugget

I didn't even realise Sane was playing until the moment he came off. Brilliant from him - didn't get up to attack much in the first half but contributed a lot more in the second. Didn't given City anything down their left all game.

The whole reason why Mata on the right works is because of him - he's been one of the best performers so far this season.

mark_a

He was fantastic last night. It's fantastic to see him back up to the quality and consistency we always knew he had, especially after that injury

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's made of granite, I remember Rio tweeting in amazement at watching him in the gym "throwing weights around like I threw Torres around".
Ha, sounds about right. I always remember this quote from the secret footballer too:

"Other than the money, one of the main things that stands out in the Premier League, especially at the top clubs, is that a lot of the players are built like cruiserweights. They are solid, the tackles feel stronger and the tussles are that much harder to win. (Antonio Valencia once blocked a clearance of mine and I swear it was like being hit by a car. That's what I remember thinking as several fans helped me out of the stand and back on the pitch)."

rollingstoned1

Our best signing from that summer in 2009 by far, people forget what a devastating winger he used to be nowadays but he was pretty darn good. I'm still not sure what happened after 2012 though where he mysteriously became average for a while so it's good to see him reinvent himself where he can use his pace and athleticism from deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.