Antonio Valencia signs new contract

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I think we'll have big problem in RWB position this year if Rafael spends most of the season injured as he always does. I expected van Gaal to transform Valencia to fullback anyway this season(when I thought we'll be playing other formation), I knew there is no way he too would rely on him as our first choice winger, and when I saw we'll be playing 352 I thought that will be even better for Valencia, but now it's quite obvious that he isn't half of the player he used to be(it was obvious last season too, but there was always hope) and that he shouldn't be starter for top side.
I think it's more of a case that he isn't half the player people have chalked him to be. As people say, class is permanent and form is temporary, Valencia has had more poor seasons than good ones.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Every player over 21 needs to be registered. Out of those 25 certain number need to be homegrown at the club and more homegrown in the country.
I thought home grown didn't have to be registered? I must be confusing that with the over 21 thing. Thanks.

ottosec

Every single game he played he was in top 3 worst players. Same last night. Laughable that he still somehow crawls his way into our starting 11. :lol:

Terrible player.

Lane

Every single game he played he was in top 3 worst players. Same last night. Laughable that he still somehow crawls his way into our starting 11. :lol:
With Rafael injured not really much of an options left. Young and Lingard are highly experimental, they did work against Real and LVG may give it a go in Liverpool's game but still these kind of options... you get a nagging feeling it could all turn very much bad in competitive match.

Truth to be told we need a proper RB cover for like 3-4 years or something. And never really got one as this position was used as a cover depository of sorts. Jones would play there, Smalling, Valencia, i think i even saw Fletcher there once or twice.

Varun

Staff
They have both been terrible for 2 years (as has Nani), but Young seems to have taken on board everything Van Gaal is telling him, and has both surprised and impressed me in preseason (not sure I'd be confident about him playing wingback vs top quality opposition, but I'm certainly more open to the idea of having him around as a squad player). Valencia and Nani are an absolute shambles.
Yeah, both have been terrible but Young has always offered more versatility than Valencia. Valencia can only play right wing and is terrible at it. Young could always play both sides. They're both being tried as wing backs where again Young seems more adaptable than Valencia.

Ace of Spades

I will sell him along with Nani, he has been just as bad as him.

Young, on the other hand, has looked to be a fit for his new system.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'll be giddy with excitement if we sell him.

El Zoido

He's only had one really decent season for us. He's a really limited footballer and he seems either unwilling or incapable of doing anything outside of his set limited range, which makes him extremely predictable, easy to defend against and coma-inducingly boring to watch.

roseguy64

He's only had one really decent season for us. He's a really limited footballer and he seems either unwilling or incapable of doing anything outside of his set limited range, which makes him extremely predictable, easy to defend against and coma-inducingly boring to watch.
That's a lie. He's had multiple good seasons for us. He only had the one outstanding season for us however.

Oneunited26

H
And it is amazing that this guy was the Ronaldo replacement

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Why's a tweet about Javi Fuego becoming a father in a thread about Valencia? :lol:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
It clearly never made sense. Why would A Valencia be on a plane? He's clearly in Manchester training.

And obviously it makes sense that the team Valencia are flying on a plane to Manchester.

But instead, I assume that A Valencia is only flying into Manchester and that Javi Fuego is some kind of airport.

I maybe could have pretended that I intentionally made the mistake as a joke, but it's too late now.

It's too late.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It clearly never made sense. Why would A Valencia be on a plane? He's clearly in Manchester training.

And obviously it makes sense that the team Valencia are flying on a plane to Manchester.

But instead, I assume that A Valencia is only flying into Manchester and that Javi Fuego is some kind of airport.

I maybe could have pretended that I intentionally made the mistake as a joke, but it's too late now.

It's too late.
Pathetic.

mu4c_20le

Don't worry, I also thought mid was spanish for "and".... or something.