Antonio Valencia signs new contract

Revan

Assumptionman
Probably from our three useless wingers he is the most useful, but still was hoping that we'll get rid of all three of them.

One thing that you can say for him though, is that he gives it all in every game and he's one of our most professional players. I hope that he manages to return in some good form.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He's the best of a bad bunch.

If Young gets a new contract we riot

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hopefully van Gaal can get the best out of him again. He's not been his best for a while now.

Nights

Not too fussed, better Valencia than Young. Hopefully LVG will use him for his pace, and help him rediscover his ability to deliver a cross.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Probably from our three useless wingers he is the most useful, but still was hoping that we'll get rid of all three of them.

One thing that you can say for him though, is that he gives it all in every game and he's one of our most professional players. I hope that he manages to return in some good form.
Aye, agree with all of that.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I'd rather keep Valencia who gets stuck in even when he's in poor form than Young and Nani who are scared of their own shadows. All Valencia needs is an injection of confidence and he could be back to that brilliant season he had. Let's see what the new gaffer can get out of him. I think some of the people laughing/crying about his extension will be proven wrong next season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Makes sense to keep him as a squad player, if that will be the case. He's a good enough player to be used as that and he does have a decent game in him, although they are too few and far between to be a first team player. I doubt he'll be on huge wages and he does love the club and his desire to do well despite his form is something that is strangely admirable about him, without being too sentimental.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Let the meltdown commence :lol:

LvG must rate him highly, curious to see how he uses him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm hoping this isn't so much based on Van Gaal's opinion as United's business interests. He would be out of contract next summer and while Van Gaal might want some time to evaluate him, if it became clear that he was not part of Van Gaal's plans he would be free to negotiate a contract with someone else in January and we'd get nothing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Young over Valencia? Never.

Crashoutcassius

Think people are starting to realise that lvg isn't going to automatically axe 10 players just because red cafe doesn't like them. Looking more and more like our squad will be very similar next year, hopefully with a new left back and cm

Revan

Assumptionman
No he isn't. He is worse than Young. He is just a great athlete but a nothing player. I'm really pissed.
There is no way that anyone ever is worse than Young.

Let the meltdown commence :lol:

LvG must rate him highly, curious to see how he uses him.
I don't think that it will be a big meltdown. Valencia was a player who was liked for many years and despite his poor form on the last 2 seasons, people still respect him and remember the good times. However if the same thing will happen with Young, I can see myself and half of United supporters joining City fan club :lol:

ThanksBoss26

Utility right back.
Quite possibly.

I'm hoping this isn't so much based on Van Gaal's opinion as United's business interests. He would be out of contract next summer and while Van Gaal might want some time to evaluate him, if it became clear that he was not part of Van Gaal's plans he would be free to negotiate a contract with someone else in January and we'd get nothing.
I'd agree. I think the negotiations and offer for this contract were made before van Gaal took over.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I wonder how long it will take Van Gaal will get pissed off with him when he keeps telling him to run with the ball, while when Valencia receives it, he stops for 5 minutes, to access whats around him, then boots it at the defenders legs for a throw in

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I'd rather keep Valencia and get rid of Young and we're not gonna sell three wingers anyway. It's been rumoured a while back that Val was signing a new contract so hopefully there aren't any similar rumours about Young flying about.

LR7

I doubt him signing a new contract means he's going to be here long term. It just puts us in a better bargaining position when we do move him on. I didn't want him sold this summer anyway as we are likely to be making an awful lot of changes as it is and as annoying as he can be at times, I don't think he should be one of our immediate priorities to move on.

The Neviller

There is no way that anyone ever is worse than Young.

I don't think that it will be a big meltdown. Valencia was a player who was liked for many years and despite his poor form on the last 2 seasons, people still respect him and remember the good times. However if the same thing will happen with Young, I can see myself and half of United supporters joining City fan club :lol:
Then you won't be missed. Any of you.

The kind of response this has garnered from some United fans is a bit special. The guy loves the club, always gives 100% and is still a fecking good player when on form. I'm happy to see him stay here. Shame on some of you.

Shark

@NotShark
If it means that Young is getting shipped out, well then that's fine with me. Valencia, despite turning to shite these past two seasons, has been a great servant.

ThanksBoss26

I doubt him signing a new contract means he's going to be here long term. It just puts us in a better bargaining position when we do move him on. I didn't want him sold this summer anyway as we are likely to be making an awful lot of changes anyway and as annoying as he can be at times, I don't think he should be one of our immediate priorities to move on.
Sensible post that for me.

m1y2

converted to wingback could still make difference... so you people thought we will get rid of all of our wingers? its bullshit, valencia is the best out of THE THREE and yeah he was shit under Moyes because he didnt play a winger he did play a wide midfielder, who has to track back, and our attacking play was too poor and slow that he simply didnt have much space where to go, he still can be beast but we need quality CM who will feed our wide "attackers" and that change of style will make the huge difference too.. I see him potentialy as a right wing back and make-shift winger, valuable and determined player if anything..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'd agree. I think the negotiations and offer for this contract were made before van Gaal took over.
That's nonsense tbf.

Why would we sign a player on for three years(with option to extend for fourth) before asking our new manager. People made the same type of speculations last season after Nani was signed on however it turned out that Moyes rated Nani but due to injuries and other reasons, Nani wasn't able to perform.

Dante

Average bang
He's a better player than Kagawa and deserves the extension.

The poor form he's shown is because of the drop in tempo of our passing. He hasn't been getting found early enough to get a run on his fullback the way he used to. Play him with a deep-lying playmaker in the team again and he'll shine.

Castia

Good squad player to have, depending on him to start 30 odd games a season is shit though he's not good enough.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That's nonsense tbf.

Why would we sign a player on for three years(with option to extend for fourth) before asking our new manager. People made the same type of speculations last season after Nani was signed on however it turned out that Moyes rated Nani but due to injuries and other reasons, Nani wasn't able to perform.
Because he's 28 years old and his contract is up next summer. Even if Van Gaal decides he doesn't want him it doesn't make sense to let him run down his contract and leave for free.

Truedevil

Then you won't be missed. Any of you.

The kind of response this has garnered from some United fans is a bit special. The guy loves the club, always gives 100% and is still a fecking good player when on form. I'm happy to see him stay here. Shame on some of you.
I'd rather watch a class winger down the wing than a nothing player just because he loves the club and always gives 100%. He is never on form, he has good matches here and there but that won't win you any trophies. He is not useful as an impact sub and why keep him just to play on carling games when there are players like Lawrence and Wilson waiting for every bit of chance to play.