4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Clearly has talent, but that's useless as he apparently has 0 football iq

Probably should just sell him next summer. Nothing against the lad. Could garnacho play on the right?
It's quite the opposite actually. He has very little talent, but you can't deny he adapted very well to his limitations to do other things effectively.

Matt851

Confusing post, Antony's ball retention and ability to retain the ball in tight spaces is probably his best in possession attribute...
Saying its what he is best at doesn't mean he is good at it. Think he is OK at holding the ball in tight spaces but poor at doing anything with it e.g. passing, crossing or shooting

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
It's quite the opposite actually. He has very little talent, but you can't deny he adapted very well to his limitations to do other things effectively.
If you have seen compilations of his ajax days, you can see he could dribble past opposition players and shine on a less demanding league, with less pressing than the premier league. If you give him a ball on a training ground without pressure, he probably could do some flicks that would look good on a instagram reel or something. Also, you don't get to be a Brazil international without innate talent because theres hundred of thousands of kids competing for a couple of winger spots.

You can evidence his lack of football iq because he hasnt adapted to the prem in the sense that he always do the same thing over and over again, there's no variation to his game and is so predictable for our rivals. If he had a variety of different solutions he would be unpredictable but as soon as our rivals double mark him you now hes turning back and passing the ball back to our defence.

It's funny how perceptions can vary from one fan to another but i respectfully disagree with your appreciation

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pound for pound possibly the worst signing we’ve ever made. On viewing, I’d say he’s overpriced by a good 60m. Villa’s pair of Bailey and Diaby for example are miles better.

kirk buttercup

Pound for pound possibly the worst signing we’ve ever made. On viewing, I’d say he’s overpriced by a good 60m. Villa’s pair of Bailey and Diaby for example are miles better.
Ooh there are alot of Contenders for that award.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If you have seen compilations of his ajax days, you can see he could dribble past opposition players and shine on a less demanding league, with less pressing than the premier league. If you give him a ball on a training ground without pressure, he probably could do some flicks that would look good on a instagram reel or something. Also, you don't get to be a Brazil international without innate talent because theres hundred of thousands of kids competing for a couple of winger spots.

You can evidence his lack of football iq because he hasnt adapted to the prem in the sense that he always do the same thing over and over again, there's no variation to his game and is so predictable for our rivals. If he had a variety of different solutions he would be unpredictable but as soon as our rivals double mark him you now hes turning back and passing the ball back to our defence.

It's funny how perceptions can vary from one fan to another but i respectfully disagree with your appreciation
We will agree to disagree on this one, as our evaluation of Antony talent is completely different. I have seen some clips of his performances at Ajax and I still claim he's exactly the same player, just playing for a different team that doesn't give him so many chances to shine (as Ajax was averaging 60-65% of possession).

On the blooded part though, we see the same phenomenon but I believe you've drawn the wrong conclusions. What he does against fullbacks is a result of his lack of technique (no right foot ability), not enough pace to outrun a fullback but most of all, he's just not very good at kicking the ball - whether that is shooting or passing other than few yards back pass. Antony understands his limitations and that's why we don't see him making many difficult passes (this is especially evident in counter attacks when he always needs to slow down and turn his body position to make a pass, usually too late and that kills the attacks).

I think he's utterly limited player who actually adopted pretty well to his shortcomings. Also, and I've been saying this for almost a year now, I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to get significantly better at those aspects of the game he's not very good at. We got what we paid for. I'd be surprised if anyone talked about his "potential" as we now know exactly what he is, and what he isn't.

Brightonian

I gambled on him as the one to turn it around and surprise everyone this season. Oh dear :lol:

Just seems to get less confident to try and beat his man every single game.

We looked most dangerous with Rashford on the right and Garnacho on the left. Probably we should start with that for a bit.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Better today. In the sense that a slightly runny shit is better than explosive diarrhea.

BuzzKillington

On the plus side it’s evident we have at least one position we can probably all agree we can improve on.

Move him on in the summer, not for what we hope we can get for him, but for what someone is willing to give us for him. Need to abandon this sunk cost fallacy that sees so many useless footballers hanging around, stinking out the place for the duration of their contracts.

I’m not convinced he’s any better than Dan James.

Gazautd18

Hasn't done much since he's been here has he.
And we paid how much?
Honestly don't know what he does!

Sylar

Maybe we will be lucky and the city game is the one in ten where he cuts onto his left and flies one into the corner :nervous:

Marwood

He's better the very odd occasion he comes central. I don't mean cutting in to shoot. I meam properly central where he's linking with others. There he can actually get away from a man, twist and turn out of trouble.

Out wide he's dead and even worse he plays like he knows it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Maybe we will be lucky and the city game is the one in ten where he cuts onto his left and flies one into the corner :nervous:
I think I heard the commentary during the Sheffield match say he's scored one goal from his last 77 shots which, if true, is likely about 85-90 shots to a goal at the moment.

Anyone know this for sure?

Dominos

I wonder if Amad will actually get a game when he's back from injury or ETH just sticks with Antony doing sweet feck all every match.

Malone_Post

What’s even the point anymore?

He starts every single game. Produces absolutely nothing. Gets subbed of around the 60 minute mark. Starts the next game. Rinse and repeat until the end of time.

He’s a complete and utter waste of space and Erik’s refusal to see this, or admit it, is absolute insanity.

Woziak

This is the player that will get ETH sacked, he needs to give up on the player move him on and replace him, he should sell Sancho and Antony for £80m together, get £500k per week off the wages and then go get Takefusa Kubo and Domencio Beradi or Nico Williams we need a complete revamp, realistically right now I think Omari Forson or SHea Lacey would both better options.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Maybe going too far, but anyone remember Kieran Richardson, who almost could have been something. Kinda frustrating to watch. But, compared to this guy..

stevoc

I'm delighted Ten Hag's stuck by him for 18 months and started him every possible game he's fit/available and preferred him over every other RW option in the squad. It's really paid off with consistent perfromances from him...

...consistently medicore performances.

Malone_Post

I'm delighted Ten Hag's stuck by him for 18 months and started him every possible game he's fit/available and preferred him over every other RW option in the squad. It's really paid off with consistent perfromances from him...

...consistently medicore performances.
That’s being incredibly generous.