View full 2023-24 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
In over 380 days, Antony has scored 1 ( ONE ) goal in the PL. Against Forest.

His second last goal was on 10th September, 2022 against Everton.

In those over 380 days, Antony has had 2 ( TWO ) assists.

So in General, in over 380 days Antony has had 1 goal and 2 Assist in the league.

As the day goes by, it looks like a very very bad transfer.

poleglass red

a winger gets judged on chances created and/or goals scored, unfortunately he does neither, and I don't see that changing. Players like Garnacho, who can be frustrating as hell, but you can see in his game, he has the ability to be a top player, I just don't get that with Antony. He works hard, is about the only good thing you can say about him, but that should be a minimum requirement not lauded as the best feature to your game. I felt his poor form last season was in part due to lack of a genuine proper number 9, he's got one this season, and if anything he's worse than last season.

gaffs

Teams have started closing him down on the half way line and leaving loads of space in behind the full back because they know he can't take on the man. Puts us under massive pressure on that side every game because he cuts inside and nothing happens.
Agree. I have noticed the same. They know he doesn't have the pace and skill to beat a man.

gaffs

The biggest stain on ETH's resume here. He wanted him, we paid a huge fee, and he is dogshit. It was the kind of fee that could buy almost any young forward in the world not already at a major club, and we wasted it on Antony.
City bought Doku for half the price and he is double the player. He is younger, faster, more skillful, can beat a man and is not tangled up in domestic abuse cases.

Woziak

That’s being incredibly generous.
Even ETH is started to realise this kid will get him sacked so he’s going have to bin him and find a perfect right winger as united have wasted so much money on this position maybe give Amad a chance when he’s fit.

Woziak

If you have seen compilations of his ajax days, you can see he could dribble past opposition players and shine on a less demanding league, with less pressing than the premier league. If you give him a ball on a training ground without pressure, he probably could do some flicks that would look good on a instagram reel or something. Also, you don't get to be a Brazil international without innate talent because theres hundred of thousands of kids competing for a couple of winger spots.

You can evidence his lack of football iq because he hasnt adapted to the prem in the sense that he always do the same thing over and over again, there's no variation to his game and is so predictable for our rivals. If he had a variety of different solutions he would be unpredictable but as soon as our rivals double mark him you now hes turning back and passing the ball back to our defence.

It's funny how perceptions can vary from one fan to another but i respectfully disagree with your appreciation
Right now this is the worst Brazilian Squad in the last 49 years since that awful 1974 squad, If we drew Brazil in the World Cup, England would be by far the Favourites right now, didn’t Uruguay just beat the easily in their own back yard, an aging and injured Neymar, aging Casemiro and silva and Jesus or Richarlson as number 9 ?

gaffs

If you have seen compilations of his ajax days, you can see he could dribble past opposition players and shine on a less demanding league, with less pressing than the premier league. If you give him a ball on a training ground without pressure, he probably could do some flicks that would look good on a instagram reel or something. Also, you don't get to be a Brazil international without innate talent because theres hundred of thousands of kids competing for a couple of winger spots.

You can evidence his lack of football iq because he hasnt adapted to the prem in the sense that he always do the same thing over and over again, there's no variation to his game and is so predictable for our rivals. If he had a variety of different solutions he would be unpredictable but as soon as our rivals double mark him you now hes turning back and passing the ball back to our defence.

It's funny how perceptions can vary from one fan to another but i respectfully disagree with your appreciation
They said the same about Kleberson.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He just doesn't try anything decisive apart from that Robben shot.

It's either:

1) recycle possession
2) cut in and shoot

Take your man on, put some balls in the box - how many low crosses / cutbacks has he put in the box? Saka does more in a single game than he's probably done in a whole season here.

Unam333

I have nothing against Antony. I think he's a good player, not sure the right type of player United currently needs, but I still feel that he needs time off. He obviously is playing below his standards and he has to deal with the accusations in his home country. I think it is affecting his mental state and concentration.

FriedClams

I am really unsure what to make of him. I've never been one to be too bothered by goals and assists (Look up iniestas numbers during Barca peak 08-12, hardly anything to write him about) so I try and see the positives for what else he brings, and he is a very hard working player, especially for a flair player. Wins the ball back more than just about anyone on our team, and almost always stretches the pitch when we have the ball and stays wide. He seems like he might be the type of player who has a run of goals/assists and then just really kicks on, so I'm happy to persist with him.

forevrared

He’d be fine if he were Anthony Elanga. Instead he cost €100m, so the expectations are rightfully different. Ten Hag should have transfers taken away from him if he couldn’t find a cheaper alternative for this sort of output.

Ghostrider318

This is the player that will get ETH sacked, he needs to give up on the player move him on and replace him, he should sell Sancho and Antony for £80m together, get £500k per week off the wages and then go get Takefusa Kubo and Domencio Beradi or Nico Williams we need a complete revamp, realistically right now I think Omari Forson or SHea Lacey would both better options.
I'd be surprised if we get 50m for both of them. Sancho could still be good in Italy but Antony is proper useless. I dont remember any game where he played 'ok' let alone be a constant threat from the right

UpWithRivers

I am really unsure what to make of him. I've never been one to be too bothered by goals and assists (Look up iniestas numbers during Barca peak 08-12, hardly anything to write him about) so I try and see the positives for what else he brings, and he is a very hard working player, especially for a flair player. Wins the ball back more than just about anyone on our team, and almost always stretches the pitch when we have the ball and stays wide. He seems like he might be the type of player who has a run of goals/assists and then just really kicks on, so I'm happy to persist with him.
Why does everyone keep saying this? Is it just the eye test or are there any stats to back this up? I think the United fans have been duped by the fact that our other wingers are so sht that he looks good. I'm pretty sure someone like Saka works 10 times harder and wins more tackles, interceptions, headers etc. In fact most wingers probably do. If I knew where to look for stats I bet he comes out average for work rate at best

lex talionis

Imagine another four seasons — current contract, right? — of the same old, same old from Antony.

AndySmith1990

If he were a freebie he'd be relegated to the deadwood pile and forgotten about. Something I expect to happen whenever the next manager takes over. It's only his obscene price tag that makes him relevant in any way. It's little wonder most of our goal scorers are midfielders and defenders

Lentwood

He scored in each of his first three PL appearances for the club (Arsenal, Everton and Man City), since then, he's scored one PL goal.

Seems very strange to me, almost as if the more he sacrifices for the system, the worse his contribution in terms of goals/assists. Does he spend too much time out very wide, keeping the shape? He seems to receive the ball miles away from the opposition goal the majority of the time, most of the time with his back to goal and/or facing the touchline.

I actually still think he's a very useful player, but I understand he'll ultimately be judged on goals/assists, because his current contribution isn't enough for an attacking player at United, regardless of what else he does/contributes.

Interestingly, Jack Grealish only has 8 PL goals for Manchester City, and is now in his 3rd season at the club. Not sure exactly what point I am trying to make here, other than that I also regularly see Grealish very wide in Pep's system, usually used to draw defenders and move the ball, as opposed to being the one who gets into the penalty area. Again, wonder if there's something tactical we do with Antony that's holding back his numbers?

Woziak

I'd be surprised if we get 50m for both of them. Sancho could still be good in Italy but Antony is proper useless. I dont remember any game where he played 'ok' let alone be a constant threat from the right
I just don’t know why ETH persists with him, he’s clearly unsuitable for the PL and the club.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
When's the last time he had an actual good game? Genuinely can't think
He was fairly good against Forest and Arsenal before he had his issues in Brazil. Not amazing or anything, but it was enough that I was hoping he was turning the corner and we'd see him continue to improve. Unfortunately he's been terrible since returning to the team.

Marwood

He scored in each of his first three PL appearances for the club (Arsenal, Everton and Man City), since then, he's scored one PL goal.

Seems very strange to me, almost as if the more he sacrifices for the system, the worse his contribution in terms of goals/assists. Does he spend too much time out very wide, keeping the shape? He seems to receive the ball miles away from the opposition goal the majority of the time, most of the time with his back to goal and/or facing the touchline.

I actually still think he's a very useful player, but I understand he'll ultimately be judged on goals/assists, because his current contribution isn't enough for an attacking player at United, regardless of what else he does/contributes.

Interestingly, Jack Grealish only has 8 PL goals for Manchester City, and is now in his 3rd season at the club. Not sure exactly what point I am trying to make here, other than that I also regularly see Grealish very wide in Pep's system, usually used to draw defenders and move the ball, as opposed to being the one who gets into the penalty area. Again, wonder if there's something tactical we do with Antony that's holding back his numbers?
Agree. He's too far away from goal most of the time. But does he want to be closer? I'm not sure he wants to be in the danger zone.

I think Grealish has underperformed though. I wouldn’t consider him an example of a wide man sacrificing his game for the team. He's just somewhat getting away with it because he's part of a very successful team.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I agree there were far better RW options out there but we're stuck with him in our squad for now, so what's the alternative for our starting RW spot? Permanently playing Bruno or Mount out of position?
There were no better options with Ajax experience though.

Actually, Neres is probably better than him and so is Kudus.

swissgenius

If his name was Anthony Elanga, he'd rot on the bench with those performances, and everyone would ask what the management saw in him and why we haven't sold him in summer for the offered £12M...
Elanga is more than 2 years younger so there's even a youth bonus that could've been factored in.

The fact that Sancho is a baby, and Rashford out of form completely, Mount not a factor so far, makes his non-effort a little less obvious and he somewhow happens to be not our biggest squad problem.
But looking at his performance since arriving, it's a desaster, simple as that.

Not proud to say, but I was sceptical from the beginning, the numbers in Eredivisie were just not there, and people tried to convince themselves with youtube videos of his dribblings.
Ok fine, go for the potential instead of the goals, but only with a 20M gambling. Nothing screamd 'world class' when you analyzed his time at Ajax. Yes he was part of the Brazil quad, but so were Fred and Richarlison...

Doracle

He reminds me of Kagawa. Tidy in possession and has the goal threat of a sheep.
He isn’t tidy in possession. Please can this myth die. One of the most frustrating things about him is his regular misplacing of easy passes when we are in good positions.

Based on what Antony has shown to date at United, it’s hugely insulting to Kagawa to compare them. Kagawa was actually a good player who just didn’t find a position that worked for him at Old Trafford.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I just don’t know why ETH persists with him, he’s clearly unsuitable for the PL and the club.
Because he signed him for a massive amount of money and he clearly rates him as one of our best players.

The former hasn't helped Mount who is out of the team already after 2 months but he's not a former Ajax player with whom ETH has history. Antony is undroppable.

Kaizane

There was a moment in the game against Copenhagen out wide where he had his back to his man with the ball at his feet. He popped it off to Dalot a few yards away, and without even thinking, immediately tries to run in behind in the hope Dalot sends him, taking away Dalot's only passing option and forcing him to pass back into central defence. Of course their defender completely nullifies Antony with a mere arm and casual jog and nothing comes of it.

Bad players have zero football IQ and no ability, average players have one or the other, great players have both. Antony has neither football IQ or ability.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
There was a moment in the game against Copenhagen out wide where he had his back to his man with the ball at his feet. He popped it off to Dalot a few yards away, and without even thinking, immediately tries to run in behind in the hope Dalot sends him, taking away Dalot's only passing option and forcing him to pass back into central defence. Of course their defender completely nullifies Antony with a mere arm and casual jog and nothing comes of it.

Bad players have zero football IQ and no ability, average players have one or the other, great players have both. Antony has neither football IQ or ability.
So true, the fact that he tries to do the same thing over and over again tells you everything about his football IQ.

Lee565

The only last resort to make something of him is if maybe we could use him like Di maria was at Madrid before we brought him where he played on the left of a 3 man midfield and transitioning into a left side winger when in possession of the ball.

GoldanoGraham

He will be the player that is forever linked to ETH’s time at Utd.

Erik went all in on him and it has been a shocker.

He just doesn’t have the variety and certainly not the end product to warrant his place in the team….being a good tracking back player doesn’t justify the outlay.

While I do not condone Sancho behaviour - you have to say he has a point as he is directly referencing Anthony in his Insta statement.

TempusFugit

Quickly becoming one of those players i just dread seeing in the starting XI. Whenever he starts it's synonymous with us barely creating anything from his side, he should be utterly disgusted that Dalot has been a bigger goal threat than him this season.

He's a nothing player, he could start against City and I'd be able to accurately describe what his performance will be like. Sick of him being a permanent starter at this point, he'll have to improve drastically to beat the flop allegations. It's not looking good for him.

Abraxas

Not sure what to do with him. I was half pondering him in a different position but then thought about how weak and one footed he can be. That put me off.

He is a massive problem. Well, he ought not to be because he shouldn't be in the team. But he's a problem for the manager because he seems incredibly invested in his success, and that could be costly because I don't see us becoming an attacking threat on that side with Antony. There isn't enough in his game to worry defenders because he doesn't run at them, he doesn't threaten the box off the ball, all he wants to do is receive the ball, pass it inside or shoot from cutting inside. You can't have literally 2 things in your arsenal, one of which is an unthreatening pass.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's level on assists (3) with former United Dutch great back-up fullback Alex Butner. So Antony's not doing too bad.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Right now this is the worst Brazilian Squad in the last 49 years since that awful 1974 squad, If we drew Brazil in the World Cup, England would be by far the Favourites right now, didn’t Uruguay just beat the easily in their own back yard, an aging and injured Neymar, aging Casemiro and silva and Jesus or Richarlson as number 9 ?
That 2010 team with Luis Fabiano, Robinho and a past-it Kaka were worse than this Brazil team with one of the best wingers in the world in Vinicius Jr.

Jeffthered

I'm so pleased someone made this point. Brazil will of course build a super team again, probably v soon, with Vinicius Jr etc.. but some of the current crop are pretty poor.

There's a broader discussion to be had re the Brazil national team, as I think they could benefit from focusing on their players who still play in Brazil. One or two playing abroad is expected, but I just think they have lost a bit of their identity since 2002.

Antony is a dud though. He'll be in MLS or Saudi soon, with Martial, Lindgard, Sanchez and a few other of our recent duds.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Certainly not the kind of player you buy for £85m. You need a strong recruitment team and structure to support the manager. Saying yes to every manager’s suggestion at any cost is not supporting your coach.