2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Red00012

I wonder if Amad will actually get a game when he's back from injury or ETH just sticks with Antony doing sweet feck all every match.
I think this is why Sancho is playing video games so you’ve answered your own question

tomaldinho1

Maybe going too far, but anyone remember Kieran Richardson, who almost could have been something. Kinda frustrating to watch. But, compared to this guy..
He played in a great team to be fair though. Scored some bangers and spent so long in Manchester he became Caucasian. Remember him bouncing round at WBA as well.

stevoc

I wonder if Amad will actually get a game when he's back from injury or ETH just sticks with Antony doing sweet feck all every match.
Not a chance, Antony is Erik's boy. Nobody's taking his place or getting a chance.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
He played in a great team to be fair though. Scored some bangers and spent so long in Manchester he became Caucasian. Remember him bouncing round at WBA as well.
He was a PL quality player, just not for United

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Its honestly borderline insanity that ETH sanctioned this move. It shows the selfishness of managers like him because im sure he just said “F it, its not my money”
Ten Hag wanted him at the start of the window and if Murtough had signed him in June then we would've saved around 20m on the fee. Ajax knew they had us by the balls come late August. It's not Ten Hag's fault that Murtough dithered.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I liked the bit where he collected the ball, hugged the touchline, rolled it under his feet a couple of times slowly, tried to cut inside, and did feck all with the ball after that.

Oh, no wait. He also did his "cut inside and aim for the bottom left corner" move again, which every keeper now instinctively dives for. But like the other eight times out of ten he missed the target.

But, hey, at least he tracks back. Usually after he's lost possession of the ball in the first place.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Ten Hag wanted him at the start of the window and if Murtough had signed him in June then we would've saved around 20m on the fee. Ajax knew they had us by the balls come late August. It's not Ten Hag's fault that Murtough dithered.
Im sick of this excuse. He shouldn’t have been fecking signed in the first place , and it’s Ten Hags fault fully that he implored us to chase FDJ all summer thinking he’d come and then insist we over pay for Antony no matter the price.

But feck even if he was a 20m player he’d be terrible. So the price tag is irrelevant

Valencia Shin Crosses

For the record I was fighting off hordes of cafe members last year for saying Amad was already better than this clown while he was lighting up the championship. Some people really thought getting a good CF would make Antony competent (when he’s a terrible passer in the first place?) :lol:

lsd

The Oracle
Its his fault he wanted him and it's his fault he continually starts him every single game.

No matter what people might think of Sancho he was spot on about Erik favouring Antony and you are not going to have a successful team if that's the way you manage.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
If beating your man wide only to stop dribbling, wait for your defender to get goal side, and then try to beat him again by cutting in was worth points, Antony would be top of the league

lex talionis

It's really frustrating watching Antony put in the same performance, match after match, with no discernible development in his game whatsoever.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Im sick of this excuse. He shouldn’t have been fecking signed in the first place , and it’s Ten Hags fault fully that he implored us to chase FDJ all summer thinking he’d come and then insist we over pay for Antony no matter the price.

But feck even if he was a 20m player he’d be terrible. So the price tag is irrelevant
Cool. I agree that, regardless of the price tag, he hasn't been at the level we'd expect from a United winger. However you are aware that I was responding to a poster who was angry at Ten Hag for spending 80m euros on him, right? So in that context, the price tag isn't irrelevant.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Its his fault he wanted him and it's his fault he continually starts him every single game.

No matter what people might think of Sancho he was spot on about Erik favouring Antony and you are not going to have a successful team if that's the way you manage.
I agree there were far better RW options out there but we're stuck with him in our squad for now, so what's the alternative for our starting RW spot? Permanently playing Bruno or Mount out of position?

RedStarUnited

I agree there were far better RW options out there but we're stuck with him in our squad for now, so what's the alternative for our starting RW spot? Permanently playing Bruno or Mount out of position?
id rather play Mount out there. At minimum we should get better crossing and Mount works just as hard off the ball.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Cool. I agree that, regardless of the price tag, he hasn't been at the level we'd expect from a United winger. However you are aware that I was responding to a poster who was angry at Ten Hag for spending 80m euros on him, right? So in that context, the price tag isn't irrelevant.
And I said in my post that it’s still on Ten Hag for insisting on signing him even after Ajax jacked the price up at the end of the summer. Any sane person would have taken one glance at that price and said no thanks considering the profile of player Antony is, yet Ten Hag pushed for him the same way he pushed for Mount this summer essentially not being willing to target other players.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He always gives his 100%. Sad thing is, his 100% is nowhere close to acceptable level. I feel for the lad because he should have never been put in this position in this club / league.

I hope he starts doing more tricks and the Saudis get interested in him. Just cut our loses. I don't how would any other manager fancy this guy.

zenith

He's quite bad. Let's just play amad and Pellestri on the right once we can. There is no way they can be any worse than him

Andrew Richmond

ETH just cannot continue to automatically select Antony, he simply isn’t good enough. There is no evidence he can or will improve. He just doesn’t have it.

crossy1686

career ending
Teams have started closing him down on the half way line and leaving loads of space in behind the full back because they know he can't take on the man. Puts us under massive pressure on that side every game because he cuts inside and nothing happens.

crossy1686

career ending
Didn't Ten Hag once say he signed Malacia because Anthony couldn't get past him in a game against Ajax? At this rate we're going to sign every left back we've played against.

slored1

One of the worst wingers I have ever seen play for United. Can't do anything else than shift the ball onto left foot and shoot. Poor signing by ETH, which we all knew from the beginning.

Idxomer

It says something about him that an out-of-form Rashford looked far more dangerous than him on the right.

zaafi

It says something about him that an out-of-form Rashford looked far more dangerous than him on the right.
I don't particularly rate Antony, but in his defense he hasn't played much for a month and has been accused of very serious crimes. I wouldn't exactly say he is in form either.

Thiagoal

He's quite bad. Let's just play amad and Pellestri on the right once we can. There is no way they can be any worse than him
Pellestri has looked even worse imo. Excited to see what Amad can do though. His link up play and one-twos could have a big effect on our team. Is ETH too stubborn though to give him a shot?

Kostov

What kind of crap excuse is that? He is not a 50m player never mind what you are trying to imply. Absolute crap winger that you can get for 20m. Dan James was better and more useful.

Mike Smalling

The biggest stain on ETH's resume here. He wanted him, we paid a huge fee, and he is dogshit. It was the kind of fee that could buy almost any young forward in the world not already at a major club, and we wasted it on Antony.

TR1LL

Only times I’ve ever really been impressed were when he drifted infield, almost as a central attacking midfielder. Shame those scenarios came by purely out of chaos rather than the manager actually trying to move him somewhere else and make his signing work.

Unless he changes his predictable style of play. Really can’t see it as a RW for this guy. At least in the prem anyways

Mainoldo

Same as Sancho! Basically playing pro clubs on the filed with a dodgy control pad.

These guys need systems to flourish.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I think I heard the commentary during the Sheffield match say he's scored one goal from his last 77 shots which, if true, is likely about 85-90 shots to a goal at the moment.

Anyone know this for sure?
Seeing what I can dig up.

I make it 1 goal from his last 67 shots.

Edit: here's the breakdown

0 from 4 in the remainder of the game after scoring against Betis, 2 on target.
1 from 46 after that last season, 12 on target.
0 from 17 this season, 3 on target.

Totals 1 goal in 67 attempts, 17 on target. xG of around 5.9 in that time.

He also played 26 minutes in a friendly for Brazil but I don't have stats for it.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's incredibly shit.

Only times I’ve ever really been impressed were when he drifted infield, almost as a central attacking midfielder. Shame those scenarios came by purely out of chaos rather than the manager actually trying to move him somewhere else and make his signing work.

Unless he changes his predictable style of play. Really can’t see it as a RW for this guy. At least in the prem anyways
Also how two of his three assists have come. Actual good through balls from the centre of the pitch.

Ballache

Supports
Martial

I was thinking about this yesterday. He would be better as an attacking 8 in a midfield 3. His lack of pace wouldn't hurt him as much and he has the workrate and tactical discipline for it.

Sylar

I think I heard the commentary during the Sheffield match say he's scored one goal from his last 77 shots which, if true, is likely about 85-90 shots to a goal at the moment.

Anyone know this for sure?
I actually wouldnt be surprised. He has so many random wayward shots then does that hand up, grimace look like, oh, sorry, but I thought i could score.

The money spent is going to haunt us. For that much money you want a game changer, somebody who could be erratic or have a stinker but can come up with magic out of nowhere, which you can mold into more consistent performances.
instead I see the same thing every week, he stays out wide, he rolls the ball under his feet, he cant beat a man, or if he does, the defender gets back, and he cant cross. And he has no right foot.

Its a shocking transfer overall. You look at him and think, he should be at a team trying to sit back and avoid relegation because he will at least put in hard work to stop the opposition. It doesnt seem to be a confidence issue, it just a talent issue and it makes no sense. Weve had him for just over a year and I cant see the benefit he brings at his price over somebody we could have got for probably less than half from a lower side in the league.