2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

saivet

Someone needs to start keeping receipts in the Transfer Forum. Every time we make a questionable signing, the hive mind attacks posters who dare bring up any concerns.
It is frustrating. Dare question any signing and you have people complaining that fans are too negative. People were attacking posters for questioning the Weghorst signing ffs

Kostov

Someone needs to start keeping receipts in the Transfer Forum. Every time we make a questionable signing, the hive mind attacks posters who dare bring up any concerns.
And the most laughable ones "it's not your money so who cares" then proceed to be shocked when we get stuck with a 100m dud for 5 years and have to pay his wages even if he leaves to play for another club. Mount was similar this summer, how dare anyone question ETH wishes.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He will be here for another couple of seasons at the very least and that is depressing

ToToMarshall

He's absolutely fecking hopeless. He cost £85m and can't beat a man, doesn't arrive in the box in good areas for others to create for him, he doesn't create anything for others, he has no real pace to speak of, he doesn't have a right foot, he's hardly great for ball-retention, he's not some defensive powerhouse, he's a petulant child, he shoots from ridiculous places, he can't cross, he's not a great passer, and on top of it all there's the accusations still hanging over him.

He might be our worst ever signing as things stand. I hope he can turn it round and prove me wrong on all counts, but I have absolutely no faith in him at all. I'd send him to feck around with Sancho doing whatever the hell he's doing.

Skills

Snitch
He will be here for another couple of seasons at the very least and that is depressing
We have no choice. At the end of this season, we'll have £51m of his fee left on the book. We sell him for £30m, we have to cut our transfer budget for the summer by an additional £21m for FFP. There's no room to cut it anyways, as we've overspent for the last 2 summers.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Work well in a system that has speed and high tempo, where he can cut in with his left foot.

We are playing deep with no speed. So he is useless. Usually he's facing two or three players so he's not Mbappe.

Like someone said, he'll be there for 2 more years and we'll sell him for 15M

aeh1991

He's absolutely catastrophal. Bad at everything he does on the pitch. On top of that a very unlikable character. I remember some people didn't want to believe. As much as Sancho's behaviour was stupid, he never got the same chance that Antony did while being a worse player. I hope at least Diallo will make that spot his, but ETHs favorism gives me doubts.

Skills

Snitch
Work well in a system that has speed and high tempo, where he can cut in with his left foot.

We are playing deep with no speed. So he is useless. Usually he's facing two or three players so he's not Mbappe.

And what would he bring to a system with speed and tempo?

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's Bruno II - sulky and petulant and not that good.

Dans

Both not that good. Think Antony cost more didn't he? Baffling.

flappyjay

Cut it in and do exactly what in a high tempo system. Create chances he was low on that at Ajax, Goals low ,assits low. This guys fall off from his Ajax days is not as large as people think.

soapythecat

I can’t see another manager using him in a starting 11. It’s one of the biggest positives in ETH getting sacked.
Hopefully he will force a move. He’s already become an absolute meme for United and will go down as our worst ever signing.

Son

Even at 40m less than half the fee we paid it’s hard to see this guy as a good buy for that price. How we spent 85m and then stuck him on 200k a week wages is incredible really.

I’m not sure how our club views cash even in brutal amounts of debt.

How is he earning that sort of money after really achieving very little in his career so far. Sure he won a couple of Dutch titles but then hasn’t almost every Ajax player ever :lol:

tenhagsimp

Ten Hag also coached Kudus and its so fecking baffling he decided Antony was better. Kudus was better in every aspect and he's only been in WH for a few months. Has Antony ever perform better than Kudus during his stint here. Kudus also comes with half his price.

zurnalist

He has a good left foot for shooting but he hasn't used it efectively since forever. He is small, weak and suprisingly slow. His game intelligence is one of the worst i've ever seen. His dribbling ability should be his strong suit but i've seen him dribble past a defender maybe once or twice during his United career.

He literally offers nothing.

Maguire was actually a better signing as he had a single respectable season at the beginning of his United career. Even Di Maria offered something at first and we got some money out of him later.

He is the new Bebe, but 10x more expensive than Bebe was. So i'd say Antony is a very strong candidate for our worst signing ever.

Hughes35

I've defended Anthony and thought there was a player in there. I have to admit u got this one wring though.

He's shit. All smoke and no trousers.

Gordon Godot

I've defended Anthony and thought there was a player in there. I have to admit u got this one wring though.

He's shit. All smoke and no trousers.
Yep, honestly it was clear from the start. Thats why our scouts had already said no. This is entirely on ETH and with other signings why he gets sacked.

Hughes35

Yep, honestly it was clear from the start. Thats why our scouts had already said no. This is entirely on ETH and with other signings why he gets sacked.
I can see why he'd look good in a lower league. He just can't cut it at the top level where the defenders and half a second sharper.

Our RW options consist of Anthony, Sancho and Greenwood. What a mess we've become.

frostbite

ETH trained this guy before. For years. And he thought: "This is a great player, I want him at United, he is going to win me trophies!"

How is this possible? Can anyone explain this to me?

ZainCRse7en

I could easily name 10 right wingers in the league who are better than him. But the question is, how many right wingers in this league actually costs more than him? Apart from Pepe at Arsenal, i struggle to think of any.

thebelfastboy

He's offering absolutely nothing on the right wing. Awful purchase.

Is there a reason why he hasn't at least been tried on the left where he could at least try and beat his man on the outside and get a cross in????

Dans

He's offering absolutely nothing on the right wing. Awful purchase.

Is there a reason why he hasn't at least been tried on the left where he could at least try and beat his man on the outside and get a cross in????
He's not quick enough to beat a full back, so it's obvious what he will do. He cannot play with his right foot, so he's going to go down the line every time.

Dr. StrangeHate

He doesn't seem to be offering anything on the right due to his lack of pace and dribbling abilities. However he is very good in holding on to the ball, recycling possession and helping out at the back; much better than our other players. I think there is a place in the team for a person of such talents, but not sure what it is.

Born2Lose

Only thing worse than signing him was the persistence in playing him when he offers nothing.

I don't like Gary Neville, but he had it right last night when he said what United have is not committed players, but petulant players. From Antony to Rashford to Bruno to Sancho.

Conor

I really don't like him, but if we are going by Ten Hag's latest comments, he's now a square peg for a round hole, in terms of the type of football we're trying to play.

Rockets Redglare

He doesn't seem to be offering anything on the right due to his lack of pace and dribbling abilities. However he is very good in holding on to the ball, recycling possession and helping out at the back; much better than our other players. I think there is a place in the team for a person of such talents, but not sure what it is.
I think the problem is we signed a 90 million Brazilian winger and with that comes the expectation that he will offer plenty going forward with goals and assists.
I don’t actually mind Antony and it isn’t his fault we spent so much on him, but unfortunately for him we did so he will be judged on that.

Ash_G

ETH trained this guy before. For years. And he thought: "This is a great player, I want him at United, he is going to win me trophies!"

Agreed and I also don't get this argument that ETH didn't negotiate the deal. Ok he different but I really can't believe he didn't know we were going to invest £80m in him and agreed that was the right thing to do e.g. he wanted him at this price over other players (maybe even multiple players) at a lower price.

GuyfromAustria

I could easily name 10 right wingers in the league who are better than him. But the question is, how many right wingers in this league actually costs more than him? Apart from Pepe at Arsenal, i struggle to think of any.
Right Wingers? According to Transfermarkt, only 6 players in PL history cost more than him (Enzo, Grealish, Rice, Caicedo, Lukaku, Pogba).

Dans

Right Wingers? According to Transfermarkt, only 6 players in PL history cost more than him (Enzo, Grealish, Rice, Caicedo, Lukaku, Pogba).
So 3 of the most expensive signings in PL history are ours and all 3 were disasters. Kinell.

marktan

I know why - same reason people got fooled by Sancho.

Antony looked semi decent in the eeredevise, because the level of the defences were really bad. So many of his goals had terrible defending. Same with Sancho at Dortmund playing in a super attack heavy team (a shit load of goals compared to the average PL team).

But even then, simply watching his goals and assists for Ajax (his last season) showed so many red flags - most of his goals and assists are him cutting in and having a shot / crossing with bad defending. Almost never uses his right foot and pretty much never takes a man on.

frostbite

I know why - same reason people got fooled by Sancho.

Antony looked semi decent in the eeredevise, because the level of the defences were really bad. So many of his goals had terrible defending. Same with Sancho at Dortmund playing in a super attack heavy team (a shit load of goals compared to the average PL team).

But even then, simply watching his goals and assists for Ajax (his last season) showed so many red flags - most of his goals and assists are him cutting in and having a shot / crossing with bad defending. Almost never uses his right foot and pretty much never takes a man on.

But what you are describing is how a fan like you or me may be fooled. ETH is supposed to be one of the best managers in the world. He had the player train with him everyday for years, he did not just watch some highlights on youtube. How can it happen that ETH did not know his limitations?