Antony - Official Manchester United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

siw2007

Welcome to the club Anthony! He’s a very exciting young player with loads of flair so can’t wait to watch him play for us, hopefully at the weekend.

The transfer has been a little unsavoury, I don’t think any party has particular covered themselves in glory here but glad we have finally got this done as even though this is panic but territory, he was a primary target for the club.

Chairman Steve

I can see him being despised by every other team and everyone targeting the diving and playacting, so buckle in for your usual talking heads in the media to declare him a disgrace etc

Walters_19_MuFc

Welcome, Antony! Will be a lot of pressure on him given his price tag but hopefully can live up to it.

Look forward to seeing him play.

red_de_pologne

He is in for a rough ride in England with that price tag, I really hope he can get them off his back with some good performances early on

FriedClams

to the wemberrrleeeyy song

Antony, antony,
Comes from brazil plays for united and his name is antony
Antony, Antony!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's got some mad acceleration. Seems to have very good control of the ball at high speed too.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I can see him being despised by every other team and everyone targeting the diving and playacting, so buckle in for your usual talking heads in the media to declare him a disgrace etc
Half the fans calling him shite would be the straw that breaks the camels back.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
After a lot of angst, this summer might prove to be the best in 10 years. It's not often you get 5 transfers who become starters quickly. Lisandro, Malacia, Eriksen, Casimero and Antony should start a majority of our matches. Well done United!

Jcrossley94

Anyone know how tall he is? seems to be a pretty important attribute for playing in the PL nowadays.

bigfoot

Dear Antony,

I know you read this forum religiously, so I want to extend my thanks to you for forcing your way out of that little club. I say all this is jest. You'll get to know me when we become friends.

This is Shakesey
:lol:

Elcabron

From the little I've seen of him, the thing that impressed me most is his tenacity.
It'll be great to see someone up front with a bit of fire in their belly.
Rashford, Martial and Sancho are all too soft for my liking.
Interesting point. Look at how our defence has improved since we dropped Shaw and Maguire who have both been indecisive, soft, hesitant and not anywhere near agressive enough.

Hopefully Anthony can have a similar affect on our attack to what Malacia and Martinez are having on our defence. We have been far too soft for fae too long.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
We've massively overpaid for the geezer but I've got to say I'm very excited. Been a long time since we had a flair winger at the club with genuine balls. Probably young Cristiano, Kanchelskis or young Giggs? Nani to be fair to him as well but hopefully Antony will prove more consistent and the crowd won't get on his back at every opportunity.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
There's an "ah" sound between the n and t, and the second n is pronounced like an m.

More like:
An-ah-to-m-y
yeah like anna tommy, as he was named after grandpa rannaldo and his aunty from iptommyna

PieCrust

I'm a muppet at heart, so I'll be excited for this even though I've never heard of him before this summer.

Adamsk7

A right sided midfielder that plays on the right side. Do my eyes deceive me?

Status
Not open for further replies.