Antony - Official Manchester United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resonance

Probably on the bench on Sunday, hopefully gets at least a 20 minute cameo towards the end when we're already 4-0 up, comes on and starts balancing the ball on his head and doing kick-ups.

saik

I remember watching Ajax's games against Dortmund last season in Champions League mainly to see how good Gravenberch was, but Antony was the one who caught my eye. He was very impressive.

Even though he is predominantly left-footed he delivered some beautiful crosses with his right foot in those games. Sat there thinking there's no way this guy is going to stay long at Ajax. Delighted that it was us who signed him. I'm convinced he will be a success for us. :drool:

DevilRed

Probably on the bench on Sunday, hopefully gets at least a 20 minute cameo towards the end when we're already 4-0 up, comes on and starts balancing the ball on his head and doing kick-ups.
Naniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

If you know, you know.

Shimo

I give it until his first 10 mins playing for us that he's labelled a flop
Oh there are people in this thread just waiting, probably have a post typed up with a quote from one of their older posts showing how prescient they were the whole time.

Seeing how ecstatic ETH was - that to me is gold. A player he wanted, a player that wants to play for him and will seemingly leave it all out there. Hopefully the talent will shine through and is still improving. That's going to be a key thing for players to succeed here and in this league, having that appetite to learn and get back up when things will most likely not happen right from the off.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I really like Ajax, I think I fell in love with them a bit back in the 90s with that amazing van Gaal team, I had never seen a team play football like that before, absolutely breath taking. Hope they can rebuild fast and manage to produce more quality talent, which I have no doubt they will.
I hope so too... we'll need more players in the future :)

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Oh there are people in this thread just waiting, probably have a post typed up with a quote from one of their older posts showing how prescient they were the whole time.

Seeing how ecstatic ETH was - that to me is gold. A player he wanted, a player that wants to play for him and will seemingly leave it all out there. Hopefully the talent will shine through and is still improving. That's going to be a key thing for players to succeed here and in this league, having that appetite to learn and get back up when things will most likely not happen right from the off.
A manager like ETH puts time into his player and guidance. He will give players how to improve and analyze their performances. I think ETH will have a stint here like Wenger did early on bringing on real diamonds and making them the back bone and putting his time and energy into those players.

Issue for United is we haven't had a coach in a long time, a manager who set standards and really gave players insight. Moyes, Solskjaer especially were just managers who just weren't ready and Solskjaer was our worst appointment by far.

Jose was largely right, and wasn't backed but he's a top top coach still I just think his way of acting, stroppy when he doesn't get his way pissed off the board, pissed of Levy but he's still an incredible manager. Now we have ETH that will be backed I personally feel like ETH will take us back to the top, challenging and we'll see if we can really challenge at the top.

The timing is great, Guardiola might be leaving this season because he wants a break from management, Tuchel will get sacked this year he's having a terrible run.

Rolaholic

He's gonna drive pundits mad the second he pulls this off in a match :lol:

phelans shorts

I can't see him getting the number 11. I'm convinced no police charges will be brought against Greenwood. It doesn't take this long to bring charges.
It was way longer for this for charges to get brought against Mendy and that was with a much smaller police backlog than there is now. Please stop with these lies.

klayton88

It was way longer for this for charges to get brought against Mendy and that was with a much smaller police backlog than there is now. Please stop with these lies.
As somebody who works closely with the CPS I can assure you regular folk are being charged left right and centre without the evidence such as the audio we all heard. Now stop with your lies.

phelans shorts

was it? I thought it was relatively short but my memory might be completely wrong!
He was initially arrested way before the news broke, as if memory serves several of the alleged incidents were while he was on bail.
As somebody who works closely with the CPS I can assure you regular folk are being charged left right and centre without the evidence such as the audio we all heard. Now stop with your lies.
I didn’t say anything on those lines at all? What an odd post. Also ignores the higher chance of blowback with somebody rich and famous who can afford a team of big lawyers. Police will have higher standard to work to in these cases.

RuudTom83

Sometimes you just have to remind yourself football is meant to be fun...if you can't find enjoyment in this signing then its time to have a break for a while.

Very excited to see him at Old Trafford. ETH is soo happy too...makes you smile!

A win tonight and then bring on the Arsenal! :devil:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If only we have the right striker to compliment Sancho - Bruno - Antony, we'd have been in for a big massive treat.

Kag

Love a bit of flair in the first team. He’s also going to work his balls off which is exactly what we need from him.

Varane around town

Ten Hag wouldn't bring in anyone who wasn't the right character.

Gives us another great option for our front three and he's the perfect age.

I like it

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Like how he said… he loves the way ten Hag works and his style of play… pressing from the front. Also called ten Hag a very intelligent guy. Feel like this will be a great signing and if anyone can get the best from him then it’s Ten Hag.

Boondog

Welcome Antony and looking forward to great things on that right wing. :devil:

pogbasformerbarber

Completely serious...maybe a guy with this level of drive, competitiveness, and confidence can light a fire under the arses of a few of our FW's that seem to have lost their spark. I think this is exactly the type of presence that can make a whole team wake the fcuk up.

Status
Not open for further replies.