Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finished Mr Inbetween. Cracking little show.

Uses dialogue extremely well. There’s hardly ever a scene wasted and they also know when to use silence. Superb stuff. Great ending too.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I've known people both in reality and online hyping up The Wire and it's just been one of those shows that has evaded me for all of this time. I finally started watching it last week and it's absolutely fecking awesome. :drool: I can see why it's highly thought of.
Lucky you for the 5 seasons of fun you have waiting for you.

AaronRedDevil

I've heard nothing but amazing praise for Gomorrah and as a huge fan of Narcos I was told this would be right up my street, but I'm now 5 episodes in and I'm really struggling with it.. Is it a show that grows on you or would I be wasting my time if I keep watching in the hope it will become "more" than it is?
Thought it was just me. I've gone back to this show 3 times and for the life of me I can't get into It. I think it's just that I don't like any of the characters. I can tell it's good but maybe it's just not my taste when it comes to mobster stuff. Love Narcos, Queen of the South, Sopranos etc. But this just isn't doing it for me.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Thought it was just me. I've gone back to this show 3 times and for the life of me I can't get into It. I think it's just that I don't like any of the characters. I can tell it's good but maybe it's just not my taste when it comes to mobster stuff. Love Narcos, Queen of the South, Sopranos etc. But this just isn't doing it for me.
I gave it a shot and watched another 10 episodes or so because I really want to like it but sadly it's just not for me.

I think I'll give Queen of the South a chance now, hadn't heard of that before but sounds interesting.

AaronRedDevil

I gave it a shot and watched another 10 episodes or so because I really want to like it but sadly it's just not for me.

I think I'll give Queen of the South a chance now, hadn't heard of that before but sounds interesting.
Only finished it last month. It’s a good show. Takes a bit of time to get into it. But it’s good overall.

lsd

The Oracle
Starting season 2 of City on a hill really enjoyed the first and hopefully they keep the same standard

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Cant do SOA anymore.

The characters are all too clean. The sets look like studios. Very bare and very unrealistic.
The storyline is just all over the place as well.
Its absolute trash that show. I stopped watching once they got to “Ireland” bruuuutal altogether. Also the fact they are gun runners and none of them can shoot? Argh. Quit at some stage during season 2.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Bosch is a decent cop show albeit a bit dumb.

Have to laugh at some stuff like this cop who is in regularly in the papers, has gone viral over altercations in public, has a fancy house because a movie studio bought the rights to his story and what do the LAPD do? Put him undercover of course.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

I’m 6 episodes into the first season of Gomorrah and yeah I’m not desperate for the next episode. In fact every time I get the option of watching things I’m picking anything except that. The other part of me likes finishing things I start though and I know shows can improve especially after first seasons. Probably 50/50 as to whether I carry on watching or not.

lsd

The Oracle

Have to laugh at some stuff like this cop who is in regularly in the papers, has gone viral over altercations in public, has a fancy house because a movie studio bought the rights to his story and what do the LAPD do? Put him undercover of course.

Really that's what happens?

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I’m 6 episodes into the first season of Gomorrah and yeah I’m not desperate for the next episode. In fact every time I get the option of watching things I’m picking anything except that. The other part of me likes finishing things I start though and I know shows can improve especially after first seasons. Probably 50/50 as to whether I carry on watching or not.
Gennaro was annoying me and making it hard to get into the first season, but it gets much better from season 2. Keep going.

massi83

I have no idea why it is rated in this thread. Gave up after first season. It has big production value for a European show, that is about it. No good character arcs, laughable dialogue, no remotely likeable character. Just assholes killing each other.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Agreed. Then he solves all these cases that no other people could solve. Some old.

Still good. But nothing on the wire.

SirAnderson

I have no idea why it is rated in this thread. Gave up after first season. It has big production value for a European show, that is about it. No good character arcs, laughable dialogue, no remotely likeable character. Just assholes killing each other.
I think it's a very specific audience that find it highly appealing. Kinda of like those that like horror films and those that see it as pointless.

I said this before, it took me over a year to go to season 2, I found season 1 a bit like how you described, I had no urgency to watch the next episode but enough in it to want to see how it all ends.
How it ended frustrated me a bit, so I put season 2 off for a long while. Boy did I miss out, season 2 things definitely pick up big time.
And again, it's a show that thrives on you growing and appreciate or rooting for certain characters, so if that was your experience, I can see why you didn't enjoy it.

SirAnderson

Agreed. Then he solves all these cases that no other people could solve. Some old.

Still good. But nothing on the wire.
I soooo want to watch it again, especially because the final season (IIRC) just dropped, but I can't for the life of me remember which season I watched last, I think its season 2, but when I what a recap, it's hazy. And I'd hate to re-watch it from the beginning. Should just go with season 3 and take it from there.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I soooo want to watch it again, especially because the final season (IIRC) just dropped, but I can't for the life of me remember which season I watched last, I think its season 2, but when I what a recap, it's hazy. And I'd hate to re-watch it from the beginning. Should just go with season 3 and take it from there.
Which: Bosch or the wire?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Bosch :)
The Wire is GOAT man. :D
I cannot recall what season 3 was about again. I too have the final season left to watch, but in no hurry really. It is good but flawed.

If you look it up on wiki they give summaries of each season so you might know which one to watch.

But like i say it became too murder she wrote where everything gets solved in the end. Kind of predictable i suppose.

pauldyson1uk

watching second season of For all Mankind, its like a soap opera set around the space race with the Russians won.
It is not bad, watched better but also watched much worse.
I like the way they have twisted real life events in to it , Lennon shooting , the pope shooting, Challenger disaster and the shooting down of Korean flight 007.

Last edited:

Roosney

Gomorrah is fecking great. I think I like it mostly for the stuff that's posted here as turn offs. It's brutal and they're not trying create new Omars or Uncle Paulies, just a brutal portrayal of the illegal businesses ran by the organised crime families.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
As has been said repeatedly on here, Mr Inbetween is quite simply excellent. For what it is, it's almost flawless I'd say, with a great ending to boot. Gonna miss Ray and Britt (best child charactor in any TV show/film for me, so effortlessly genuine)

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Going to have a third go at watching Breaking Bad tonight. I have tried twice before and stopped after around episode 4.

Am determined to give it a fair crack this time having just finished 5 seasons of Fringe so need something else.

Have also still got the Wire to do and might do it alongside.

Want to also rewatch The Sopranos but think I should leave that until I've done this pair.

George Owen

Going to have a third go at watching Breaking Bad tonight. I have tried twice before and stopped after around episode 4.

Am determined to give it a fair crack this time having just finished 5 seasons of Fringe so need something else.

Want to also rewatch The Sopranos but think I should leave that until I've done this pair.
Please don't. It's a complex show that requires absolute focus. Otherwise you will be here soon enough posting you couldn't get into it.

kiristao

As has been said repeatedly on here, Mr Inbetween is quite simply excellent. For what it is, it's almost flawless I'd say, with a great ending to boot. Gonna miss Ray and Britt (best child charactor in any TV show/film for me, so effortlessly genuine)
Binge watched season one and now on season 2. It's really nice. Can't believe I had not heard about it until I read about it in this thread.

kiristao

Gomorrah is fecking great. I think I like it mostly for the stuff that's posted here as turn offs. It's brutal and they're not trying create new Omars or Uncle Paulies, just a brutal portrayal of the illegal businesses ran by the organised crime families.
I loved it too. Can't wait for the next season to come.

AaronRedDevil

Do it. It’s one of those shows that get miles better after the first season. Took me that long to love it.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves

Yea the storylines are very Hollywood and unrealistic. It’s a fun watch though. I like that they stay true to the lingo, inner politics and procedures of police departments.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Yea the storylines are very Hollywood and unrealistic. It’s a fun watch though. I like that they stay true to the lingo, inner politics and procedures of police departments.
Also the best intro ever aside from maybe True Detective S1. That shouldn’t matter much, but I still love it.

SirAnderson

I've always heard Boardwalk Empire is great, but I just can't get myself to watch it. I watch one episode but don't really feel like watching another after. I guess I need to stick through it but will have to put in on the back burner, there are others I need to finish first.

Superden

I watched 2 or 3 episodes of botch a night through all the series and I thought it was excellent. Didn't take itself too seriously, but still had enough depth. Not as gritty as the wire, but it is set in Hollywood. The flat is amazing, imagine what / who you could up against those windows.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I've always heard Boardwalk Empire is great, but I just can't get myself to watch it. I watch one episode but don't really feel like watching another after. I guess I need to stick through it but will have to put in on the back burner, there are others I need to finish first.
It is great although the final series dipped a bit.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I do NOT recommend the equalizer, I knew it was going to be bad, but Jesus Christ, I think I'd rather watch love island.

George Owen

I'm up to episode 7 now I think I've cracked it
Good man Cat!

Yes, the first few episodes are the harder to get past. Too many characters, too much happening. The first time I watched it, I had to start all over again after 4 episodes. After that I got hooked.

Enjoy!

SirAnderson

I do NOT recommend the equalizer, I knew it was going to be bad, but Jesus Christ, I think I'd rather watch love island.
The second I saw the trailer I knew I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Utter trash, and I think it is even going to get another season. Haven't a clue how such garbage gets renewed and some good stuff get cancelled. Guess it doesn't take a lot of money to make crap that's why.

Oh and enjoy the ban for Love Island. :nervous: :lol: @esmufc07