Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Just finished first season of For All Mankind. Surprised me this one, reallly enjoyed it, best thing I've found on Apple TV so far.

Love the concept, alternative timeline of the space race as if it carried on, with actual moments of history sprinkled in. Found myself on wiki reading up on things a few times.
Yeah I’m going to start season 2 soon, have you tried Servant on Apple? There’s a lot of good shows on there, Morning Show, See, defending Jacob, Truth be Told. Also Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest are great comedies.
Yeah For all Mankind, Defending Jacob, and (the first season of) The Morning Show are very good. Wasn't into See at all, though, silly as feck.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I enjoyed it very much.
A few friends had recommended it ages ago because I'd been enjoying Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse go fishing and I never got round to it. I wasn't too sure at first but after 3 - 4 episodes it's already seeped under your skin! Great stuff.

pauldyson1uk

Just finished first season of For All Mankind. Surprised me this one, reallly enjoyed it, best thing I've found on Apple TV so far.

Love the concept, alternative timeline of the space race as if it carried on, with actual moments of history sprinkled in. Found myself on wiki reading up on things a few times.
Done both seasons, thought it was excellent. Season 3 is due April 2022 ish

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Just got in on a Mr Mercedes binge, 3 episodes in and enjoying it, not sure how I've missed this because I love Brendan Gleeson.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Ozark’s final season (both parts) drops January 22. Teasers dropped a couple of weeks ago…

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Detectorists again.

Finished watching it now and like all great shows, it leaves a little void in your life at the end of the last episode. Extremely well written show. So calm and gentle.

Last edited:
Chucky
Just started watching the tv mini series. Actually pretty impressed with the first episode so far.. good amount of humour, not really scary more like satire around high school life & parents. Seems to be going down the root of highlighting social issues.

Spoony

The People's President
I watched The Tick, was a light hearted super hero parody. First season was average but I thought the second was very good. Reminded me of Sledge Hammer. That's if Sledge Hammer was about super heroes.

Widow

Just finished watching season 1 of Goliath.

Loved it!

Season 2 hasn't lived up to expectations yet though. I hope it's not downhill from here.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Just got in on a Mr Mercedes binge, 3 episodes in and enjoying it, not sure how I've missed this because I love Brendan Gleeson.
It is very good, you'll love the final season, especially the finale, Gleeson is brilliant.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Started Prison Break a few weeks back, love it, I'm just on the last episode of season 4. Can't believe I missed this when it first came out.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I got HBO for free for the next 6 months, what should I watch?

I've already added Boardwalk Empire and True Detective to the list, are they any good?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

I've already added Boardwalk Empire and True Detective to the list, are they any good?
First season of the latter is phenomenal, the other two are meh. Boardwalk Empire was decent.

Watch Chernobyl & Succession, two recent quality series from HBO. It also does stellar sports documentaries as well.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

The Wire
The Sopranos
Chernobyl
Westworld season one
Silicon Valley
Succession

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Don’t sleep on Game of Thrones and Rome despite their unfortunate demises.

Deadwood isn’t regarded as the best compared to The Wire or Sopranos but it might be my favorite. 2nd edit: Sharp Objects is another great mini-series.

Last edited:

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
To add to this, The Leftovers would be another great HBO show to catch.
I'll take a look

Don’t sleep on Game of Thrones and Rome despite their unfortunate demises.

Deadwood isn’t regarded as the best compared to The Wire or Sopranos but it might be my favorite. 2nd edit: Sharp Objects is another great mini-series.
I've watched game of thrones, that last season was painful. I started watching deadwood years ago and can't remember why I stopped. Also watched sharp objects, really good.

The Wire
The Sopranos
Chernobyl
Westworld season one
Silicon Valley
Succession
I've watched the wire, sopranos and westworld. I don't normally watch comedies, what can be silicon valley compared to?

First season of the latter is phenomenal, the other two are meh. Boardwalk Empire was decent.

Watch Chernobyl & Succession, two recent quality series from HBO. It also does stellar sports documentaries as well.
I'll have a look, chernobyl sounds depressing as feck, is it more focused on the political/operational side of things or people's stories?

The Young Pope
Six Feet Under
The Knick
The Other Two
Search Party
Sharp Objects
Barry
We seem to have similar tastes, I've watched young pope, six feet under (I had such a crush on the sister when I was a kid), sharp objects and barry. I'll check the other two.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'll take a look

I've watched game of thrones, that last season was painful. I started watching deadwood years ago and can't remember why I stopped. Also watched sharp objects, really good.

I've watched the wire, sopranos and westworld. I don't normally watch comedies, what can be silicon valley compared to?

I'll have a look, chernobyl sounds depressing as feck, is it more focused on the political/operational side of things or people's stories?

We seem to have similar tastes, I've watched young pope, six feet under (I had such a crush on the sister when I was a kid), sharp objects and barry. I'll check the other two.
60 / 40 political / operational v people, maybe 65 / 35, but it is an engrossing, captivating watch.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
By the way, new season of Dexter, is it worth it? Same vibes as the original run?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can’t think of a similar comedy show tbh, but it’s hilarious and also well plotted and a well developed show that tells an overarching story.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Started binging Succession a week ago. Avoiding the thread until I am caught up. Enjoying it massively so far.

SirAnderson

Just finished watching season 1 of Goliath.

Loved it!

Season 2 hasn't lived up to expectations yet though. I hope it's not downhill from here.
I'm about to start season 4 and if I'm honest, season 3 was weird af. Can't recall much but definitely preferred the first season best, it kinda keeps you going but it's not totally the same.