Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If you like Squid Game, Alice in Borderland is brilliant. I would go so far to say better than squid game and squid game is unreal.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
3 seasons of Mr Inbetween done in 2 x 12 hour very quite shifts.
Brilliant TV , highly recommend it .
I've heard about this a few times, checked clips on YouTube and the production seems on par with neighbours / home and away :lol: put me off a bit. Going to have to give it a go at some point I suppose.

Charlie Foley

You won't be disappointed, watched it all in one sitting.
3 episodes in now.
at the start of episode 3, the weird couple that are hunting people down with the ginger copper…their little dance scene, what the feck was that. I turned to my fiancée and said “it’s been a long time since I hated a scene as much as I hate this one.” I felt like I was watching a musical, or a scene that they were imagining or something. It did absolutely nothing for me and actually really took me out of the show while it was going on.

so far, the last 2 episodes haven’t captured the creepiness of episode, the tone definitely shifts with more little reveals and twists. However it is very intriguing, no idea what’s going to happen next.

United Hobbit

If you like Squid Game, Alice in Borderland is brilliant. I would go so far to say better than squid game and squid game is unreal.
I agree with that AIB blew squid game out the water in my opinion. The revelation at the end of one episode re the 10 of hearts. Wow. The challenges were so much more threatening and dark, which I like.

Really enjoying stay close, though a little tricky to keep track of who everyone is. I watched the adaptation of one of his other books too, the one with the girl. Really enjoyed that too.

His characters are all minted!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I agree with that AIB blew squid game out the water in my opinion. The revelation at the end of one episode re the 10 of hearts. Wow. The challenges were so much more threatening and dark, which I like.

Really enjoying stay close, though a little tricky to keep track of who everyone is. I watched the adaptation of one of his other books too, the one with the girl. Really enjoyed that too.

I have seen most of the Harlan Coben adaptions and they are all good bar the woods, the polish one which was too slow.

The spanish one The Innocent is the best of the lot. Exceptional. The one with the guy from dexter is also brilliant.

These hitchcockian shows/films are really the pinacle of tv shows/cinema. I always say that if you are glued to the screen and not taking out your phone, it is a really good tv show/film.

United Hobbit

I have seen most of the Harlan Coben adaptions and they are all good bar the woods, the polish one which was too slow.

The spanish one The Innocent is the best of the lot. Exceptional. The one with the guy from dexter is also brilliant.

These hitchcockian shows/films are really the pinacle of tv shows/cinema. I always say that if you are glued to the screen and not taking out your phone, it is a really good tv show/film.
Ooh will try The Innocent next, I'm sure I read a book by him and enjoyed it, although none of them seem to match the description so must have been someone else.

Just looked up his books, I have half a hunch I watched The Woods the picture on the cover looks really familiar

I'm not keen on slow, I gave up with The Chestnut Man as it was slow.

Eta the book with the child wasn't HC it was Linwood Barclay

Tarrou

been watching 'Stay Close' on Netflix

I mean it's decent enough for something to watch, but there's one thing about it that's really bugging me

that weird dancing couple, what the feck is that all about?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If you are fans of stay close, the innocent which is another HC adaption is brilliant. I mean HBO quality.

atkar83

Barry on HBO is good. Similar to Dexter although I would say a bit funnier. But still has darker parts.

Righeous Gemstones on HBO is also really fun, if you liked some of the other stuff by Danny McBride (more mature than Eastbound & Down though)

DareDevil on Netflix was great. Best comic book show I've seen other than the Boys, but they're different.

chicha14

Are you referring to Safe? Watched that after Stay close and actually preferred it. The ending was less predictable.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I gave up on Homeland after season 5 but with nothing else to watch I started on season 6. Just finished it and that is one brilliant season, really found its mojo again with that one and the finale was dead exciting and really emotional.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
3 seasons of Mr Inbetween done in 2 x 12 hour very quite shifts.
Brilliant TV , highly recommend it .
I loved it especially as it was all filmed around where I live. I think the final episode was the best last episode of any TV show ever.

Breaks the 4th wall

RUN

JoaquinJoaquin

I gave up on Homeland after season 5 but with nothing else to watch I started on season 6. Just finished it and that is one brilliant season, really found its mojo again with that one and the finale was dead exciting and really emotional.
Yeah the ending was very good. I still think s1 of that show is one of my favorites of all time.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Yeah the ending was very good. I still think s1 of that show is one of my favorites of all time.
1-3 was good, 4 was ok, 5 was pretty dreadful and I quit out at that point. S6 however was so astute and focussed and the ending
where Quinn died saving Carrie and the President actually made me cry. I really liked Quinn and felt really sorry for him by the end.
was brilliant.

Just started S7. Jury is out so far.

JoaquinJoaquin

1-3 was good, 4 was ok, 5 was pretty dreadful and I quit out at that point. S6 however was so astute and focussed and the ending
where Quinn died saving Carrie and the President actually made me cry. I really liked Quinn and felt really sorry for him by the end.
was brilliant.

is S7 the final one, I can't remember. I liked the ending, thought it was a good way to wrap it up. A few didn't however. Let us know what you think at the end.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
We have been watching Hanna. Extremely watchable with a terrific story line.
Definitely worth a try.

United Hobbit

Following the recommendation from @Hugh Jass we're watching The Innocent. I was struggling after episode 2 as found it quite slow with lots of characters

It got going on episode 3 and now really enjoying it, up to episode 6 with 3 to go.

Are there any other Harlan Coben adaptions? We've watched Safe, stay close and on the innocent at present. Seeing the photo for the woods I'm pretty sure we've seen that too, that was the weakest.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Following the recommendation from @Hugh Jass we're watching The Innocent. I was struggling after episode 2 as found it quite slow with lots of characters

It got going on episode 3 and now really enjoying it, up to episode 6 with 3 to go.

Are there any other Harlan Coben adaptions? We've watched Safe, stay close and on the innocent at present. Seeing the photo for the woods I'm pretty sure we've seen that too, that was the weakest.
The Stranger i think its called. A uk version of the book.

I agree i found the woods too slow and gave up on it.

There is another one on sky called the five which is pretty good.

Another one called gone for good which i have yet to watch.

United Hobbit

The Stranger i think its called. A uk version of the book.

I agree i found the woods too slow and gave up on it.

There is another one on sky called the five which is pretty good.

Another one called gone for good which i have yet to watch.
Ooh thanks will try that one, I may give The Woods a go as I've just watched the trailer and I haven't see it (unless I gave up early on) I was getting confused by a BBC (I think) series I can't remember the name of, the investigator was Irish and the case linked to their childhood, with bodies in the woods. It was really slow and the picture looked similar to that.

Unfortunately we don't have Sky, just BT, sounds like they have a lot of good series atm.

Is Gone for Good also on Sky?

RedDevilRoshi

Finished Sex Education season 3. Thought it started off pretty well but got a little boring and predictable in the end. Just knew Otis & Maeve were eventually going to get together.

Going to binge S2 of The Witcher next before starting Mr Inbetween which is a show I’ve really been looking forward to watch.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Ooh thanks will try that one, I may give The Woods a go as I've just watched the trailer and I haven't see it (unless I gave up early on) I was getting confused by a BBC (I think) series I can't remember the name of, the investigator was Irish and the case linked to their childhood, with bodies in the woods. It was really slow and the picture looked similar to that.

Unfortunately we don't have Sky, just BT, sounds like they have a lot of good series atm.

Is Gone for Good also on Sky?
Gone for good is netflix. french.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
was brilliant.

It was such a prescient show.

wr8_utd

:'(
Had seen half of S1 of Bosch many years but got back to the show this week. Already binged two seasons. It's a good solid show.

Goliath S4 was really good as well.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Watching the 12 Monkeys series for the first time - it's class but I have to read a recap the following day of what happened in the last episode.

WPMUFC

Just finished Fleabag after a work friend recommendation...WOW what a show. I'm both glad and sad there isn't a 3rd season but it had everything I wanted in a show. Phoebe Waller-bridge's dry sarcasm was intoxicating. I always got a laugh out of the 4th wall break as well.

Anyone have any recommendations for a similar snappy, sarcastic series?