Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Tarrou

I’ve seen the first four of the tourist now and really enjoying it

would recommend

edit:

finished it now

goes off the deep end in the last couple of episodes, it was all over the place really..

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Just finished the first series on Amazon. Very good and left on a decent cliff hanger. I see series 2 came out in the US last year but there are are no plans for the UK even yet. WTF?
Maybe because AMC decided not to renew it (sadly) despite Paul Giamatti really campaigning for it. I think the creators may have been shopping it around to other venues and that might have left international rights in a limbo? It has to be somewhere though.

Mayor of Kingstown. Really good. Another good show from Taylor Sheridan.
Loving this show myself too. Only on Ep7, I have to catch up.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Maybe because AMC decided not to renew it (sadly) despite Paul Giamatti really campaigning for it. I think the creators may have been shopping it around to other venues and that might have left international rights in a limbo? It has to be somewhere though.

Loving this show myself too. Only on Ep7, I have to catch up.
Gets quite good.

RedDevilRoshi

Just finished watching a mini series called Anne. Based on the true story about the Hillsborough Disaster campaigner Anne Williams as she fights for justice for her son and the other victims who lost their lives that awful day.

A very gripping and heartbreaking watch. Excellent performance from Maxine Peake.

Spoony

The People's President
I have watched the last 3, can't comment on the first one.

Squid games, depends if you buy into the hype, but it was okay, not mind blowing or anything.

The boys, I need to watch the latest season but the first one was pretty good for super hero stuff.

Arcane, pure pleasure, thoroughly enjoyed it even though it's animation. Can't wait for the next season.

I didn't like Squid Game, I was put off by the third episode. Arcane was steampunk greatness, reminded me of Final Fantasy. And I've seen two episodes of The Boys and I've really enjoyed it so far.

wr8_utd

:'(
Yellowjackets ended yesterday, if anyone is still watching. Was a really fun season.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Yellowjackets ended yesterday, if anyone is still watching. Was a really fun season.
Doesn't air in the UK until Thursday. Looking forward to see how it all concludes but I thought the penultimate episode was the weakest yet.

I see it's been renewed for a second season too.

flameinthesun

Bit of an oldy but I started The handmaids tale the past couple weeks, very strong 1st season, halfway through the second season and still going good. A lot of great themes explored from sexism, religion, women's right etc. Would definitely recommend.

Simbo

Anyone watched "My Name"? Random Korean thing Netflix has thrown at me, not really a phrase I can search! Violent action revenge type story, Ep 3 was really good... Its refreshing when you just watch and enjoy something without ever stopping to criticise some part of the show or wonder if its any good, seems to happen rarely nowadays. Fingers crossed it continues :lol:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Was watching Killing Eve but found it awful.

Will start After Life season 2 soon enough.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Anyone watched "My Name"? Random Korean thing Netflix has thrown at me, not really a phrase I can search! Violent action revenge type story, Ep 3 was really good... Its refreshing when you just watch and enjoy something without ever stopping to criticise some part of the show or wonder if its any good, seems to happen rarely nowadays. Fingers crossed it continues :lol:
Loved it. Great action scenes. The female actress is a cutie.

AaronRedDevil

Bit of an oldy but I started The handmaids tale the past couple weeks, very strong 1st season, halfway through the second season and still going good. A lot of great themes explored from sexism, religion, women's right etc. Would definitely recommend.
Very underrated show. Moss is fecking brilliant in it.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Loved it. Great action scenes. The female actress is a cutie.
Definitely a fun movie, I enjoyed that one a lot.

Very underrated show. Moss is fecking brilliant in it.
Is it underrated though? I thought it got a ton of good critical reviews and was super popular?

Tarrou

Station Eleven is pretty good, especially if you like post-apocalyptic stuff

it's got Mackenzie Davis and Himesh Patel in it

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I've heard about this a few times, checked clips on YouTube and the production seems on par with neighbours / home and away :lol: put me off a bit. Going to have to give it a go at some point I suppose.
It is fecking brilliant. Hard to get further away from Home and Away and the acting is excellent. The season 3 finale is the best finale of any series ever imo as it absolutely nails the landing. I've rewatched it multiple times and I rarely rewatch anything.

Other brilliant Aussie series are Rake and Upright.

wr8_utd

It is fecking brilliant. Hard to get further away from Home and Away and the acting is excellent. The season 3 finale is the best finale of any series ever imo as it absolutely nails the landing. I've rewatched it multiple times and I rarely rewatch anything.

Both of these were quality. Do you have other Aussie suggestions? I've seen these 3 shows and loved them all.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

I think its the lack of backing music or something, or background sounds. Hell knows. Gotta finish Yellowstone first then think I'll give it a proper go though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yellowjackets was decent. Had some Lost aspects to it but they could’ve gone further with some of that. Christina Ricci is good.

wr8_utd

Yellowjackets was decent. Had some Lost aspects to it but they could’ve gone further with some of that. Christina Ricci is good.
It definitely gave off a lot of Lost vibes.

I really thought they'd somehow have a big reveal at the reunion and you'd have Jackie make an appearance. Having her freee to death was a bit meh :lol:

Tarrou

I was a bit disappointed in the last two Yellowjackets to be honest, but overall it was a good watch

Melanie Lynskey, Juliette Lewis and Christina Ricca were all brilliant

teen Jackie was hot (its okay to say this when the actress was probably like 25)

SirAnderson

I remember starting Ray Donovan years ago and it just didn't stick for me, couple episodes of season 1 though only.
I see a movie is out now and wanting to give it a shot before watching the movie, but just want to know is it worth it going through all those seasons? Also, what is it comparable to?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I remember starting Ray Donovan years ago and it just didn't stick for me, couple episodes of season 1 though only.
I see a movie is out now and wanting to give it a shot before watching the movie, but just want to know is it worth it going through all those seasons? Also, what is it comparable to?
I love Ray Donovan. It's not consistent in terms of quality all the way through, but one season (5 I think) is up there with my favourite seasons of any show. I had no idea there was a movie out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I was a bit disappointed in the last two Yellowjackets to be honest, but overall it was a good watch

Melanie Lynskey, Juliette Lewis and Christina Ricca were all brilliant

teen Jackie was hot (its okay to say this when the actress was probably like 25)
I think she's actually British as well.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Just started watching Yellowstone, took me a while to get into it as the first couple of episodes are quite slow. But now on ep 6 and loving it so far. Its a little bit like succession but with cowboys.

Interval

Level
Been watching supernatural. Up to s5 and it’s great. Started as a simple horror version of a crime procedural but now the underlying plot has taken over. And it’s done quite well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just started watching Yellowstone, took me a while to get into it as the first couple of episodes are quite slow. But now on ep 6 and loving it so far. Its a little bit like succession but with cowboys.
Had this recommended to me but as soon as I heard cowboys it gave me the ick.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Had this recommended to me but as soon as I heard cowboys it gave me the ick.
it is good, but it's kinda like Cobra Kai in that you have to look past these guys treating being cowboys/karate in the 21st century as the be all and end all in life to enjoy it. There's literally parts where they're riding around on horses where it would clearly be easier to just use a 4x4, and they have 4x4's. Still, I dunno, maybe Montana is actually like that.

But... it's a good show. It's more Sopranos with Cowboys than Succession with Cowboys though (and not as good as either, obviously).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
it is good, but it's kinda like Cobra Kai in that you have to look past these guys treating being cowboys/karate in the 21st century as the be all and end all in life to enjoy it. There's literally parts where they're riding around on horses where it would clearly be easier to just use a 4x4, and they have 4x4's. Still, I dunno, maybe Montana is actually like that.

But... it's a good show. It's more Sopranos with Cowboys than Succession with Cowboys though (and not as good as either, obviously).
I'm sure it's good. There's just some themes that never interest me.