Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

SirAnderson

How's this for a watch list?

The Wheel of Time
Squid Games
The Boys
Arcane
I have watched the last 3, can't comment on the first one.

Squid games, depends if you buy into the hype, but it was okay, not mind blowing or anything.

The boys, I need to watch the latest season but the first one was pretty good for super hero stuff.

Arcane, pure pleasure, thoroughly enjoyed it even though it's animation. Can't wait for the next season.

I got HBO for free for the next 6 months, what should I watch?

I've already added Boardwalk Empire and True Detective to the list, are they any good?
Has Carnivale been mentioned? Great show.

Hamnat

Just watched the first 3 episodes of Station Eleven on HBO. I know nothing about the book it's from so just going from the show. Non spoiler setup is basically pandemic effects Earth, and there are character stories from "the before" and the "after". Life right before and up to the sudden pandemic. And survivors and life after.

I mean it's clearly a large budget show and they are going all out in terms of acting, production and scope of storytelling. There's a bit of Lost, mystery DNA for me. What's happening, some weird shady people. First 2 episodes are more tightly connected than the third which branches off to follow a whole different set of characters you briefly met earlier.

Widow

Just finished watching season 1 of Goliath.

Loved it!

Season 2 hasn't lived up to expectations yet though. I hope it's not downhill from here.
Onto s4 e2 and it's been good so far.

However, s3 & s4 have far to much of that weird end of life cut scenes. I get the concept but I'm not sure we need so much of it and it's getting a little repetitive.

SirAnderson

Onto s4 e2 and it's been good so far.

However, s3 & s4 have far to much of that weird end of life cut scenes. I get the concept but I'm not sure we need so much of it and it's getting a little repetitive.
Yeah found the same weirdness a bit off putting. Haven't started s4 yet and not in much of a rush to, but will get to it.

Thanks for the review @Withnail :D

Widow

Thanks for the review @Withnail :D
:D

I've now finished it.

It's 100% worth it as the court drama ect.. Is still first rate. I just feel like the whole program changed direction from S3. They changed Billy and he lost a little of his sparkle.

Also, as you're watching s4 note how they try to change the mood of a scene with the setting, lighting and music ect... (scenes in his apartment) It felt very wierd, you'll see what I mean.

All in all though a good show. I'd give it a strong 7/10 would have been more if not for the wayward last couple of seasons.

Nialler

Alex's Dad

I've now finished it.

It's 100% worth it as the court drama ect.. Is still first rate. I just feel like the whole program changed direction from S3. They changed Billy and he lost a little of his sparkle.

Also, as you're watching s4 note how they try to change the mood of a scene with the setting, lighting and music ect... (scenes in his apartment) It felt very wierd, you'll see what I mean.

All in all though a good show. I'd give it a strong 7/10 would have been more if not for the wayward last couple of seasons.
Season 4 is my favourite, great show.

SirAnderson

I've now finished it.

Just finished s4 last night and yeah it ended well enough. Still had those weird moments but it came together in the end.

Green_Red

Dopesick on Hulu is quite good, a dramatization about the OxyContin epidemic’s beginning seen through the lenses of addicts, the government, the medical community, & Big Pharma.

It is equal parts nauseating & infuriating.
Currently watching this, very good. Definitely worth a watch.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Fancied watching Yellowstone till I realised it's difficult to watch in the UK legally. Subscribed to prime but they've only got 2 seasons on and they're still charging for them the robbing bastards. Terrible streaming platform. Subscribe and then pay for shit anyway.

Yellowstone 1883 trailers looked good. Thought I'd watch the other first though. Heard that "peacock" thing on sky might be getting it?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Fancied watching Yellowstone till I realised it's difficult to watch in the UK legally. Subscribed to prime but they've only got 2 seasons on and they're still charging for them the robbing bastards. Terrible streaming platform. Subscribe and then pay for shit anyway.

Yellowstone 1883 trailers looked good. Thought I'd watch the other first though. Heard that "peacock" thing on sky might be getting it?
Just download kodi for your smart tv/firestick/laptop. If using tv or fire stick Find the downloader app. Allow 3rd party apps. Get kodi (loads of guides on how to install it on YouTube) Get the oath add on. All free. If you have a vpn connect your tv to it. All shows and movies are on there.

You can also find IP tv providers for around £50 a year and that’ll give you access to all the football and live tv and series/movies you could ever need. I will never pay for sky/netflix/Amazon again. It’s a rip off, when you’ve a few at the same time it really starts to add up

wr8_utd

:'(
Just finished Season 4 of Goliath and it was a great end to a solid show. Going to miss it.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So 3 episodes into Yellowstone (season 1, original), it's pretty damn good. A few weird bits and stupid decisions but it's quite addictive. 4am and I'm still awake watching it :lol:

The scenery and everything is great.

Kayce is a one man wrecking machine, the equaliser, Jason Bourne, John wick have nothing on him. He's always into some trouble and killing someone. It's actually really annoying because you never feel he is going to get caught, just running around rootin tootin and shootin with no reprocussions.

Alek M

Da manic one
I am into season 4 of Yellowstone. It could be better. It’s kinda like a mobster show with cowboys in today’s time with great scenery.
Need a new show to watch with the missus

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I am into season 4 of Yellowstone. It could be better. It’s kinda like a mobster show with cowboys in today’s time with great scenery.
Need a new show to watch with the missus
Yeah, I find it's a fairly easy watch, they're not trying to catch you out every 5 mins with twists and turns. Not overcomplicating things like a lot of shows do.

I feel this is the type of show my parents would have watched on a Sunday evening when I was a kid :lol:

Think I'll blast through the first 4 seasons then watch the spinoff :drool:

If you've not watched lost in space, even my Mrs liked that, and she was never into sci fi, just finished it's 3rd and final season too so it's easy bingeable.

RedDevilRoshi

Finished The Man In The High Castle. Starts off not too badly 1st two seasons but goes way downhill after that.

Good concept, poorly executed.

RedDevilRoshi

Glad I gave up after season 1 then. Felt more like a chore to get myself to start season 2. Did it finish completely or they still doing more seasons?
I was very close to calling it quits midway through/end of season 3 as it was definitely getting very boring but just decided to persevere and see how it end.

It finishes completely.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Finished Yellowstone season 1 :lol: absolutely love it. Can't stand Kayce though which everyone else seems to love from what I've read.

I can get season 2 easy enough off prime, but 3 and 4 may be a bit trickier.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Can someone who finished Vigil tell me if it's worth watching? I've watched a few episodes, but lost interest a little bit. I'm ever so slightly worried it's going to turn out like the last season of Line of Duty.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Glad I gave up after season 1 then. Felt more like a chore to get myself to start season 2. Did it finish completely or they still doing more seasons?
Finished it with four seasons i think. It was alright overall. Didnt have me on the edge of my seat at all.

lsd

The Oracle
Watching American Rust kinda interesting premise but really dragging the story out now as there is nothing else happening of any note.

Episode 6 of 9, struggling to get through it

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I am currently watching Alice in Borderland on Netflix. Brilliant. You will like this if you loved Squid Game. Mind you it came out before squid game as well.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Finished Yellowstone season 1 :lol: absolutely love it. Can't stand Kayce though which everyone else seems to love from what I've read.

I can get season 2 easy enough off prime, but 3 and 4 may be a bit trickier.
It's proper trashy TV but it's good fun. it is daft how a show about a ranch has a higher body count than The Sopranos though :lol:
Can someone who finished Vigil tell me if it's worth watching? I've watched a few episodes, but lost interest a little bit. I'm ever so slightly worried it's going to turn out like the last season of Line of Duty.
Nah, crap.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
It's proper trashy TV but it's good fun. it is daft how a show about a ranch has a higher body count than The Sopranos though :lol:
Yeah, writing seems great at points then takes a nose dive for the next episode. Plot holes just left that went nowhere.

Also season 2 "cowboy" turned up for absolutely no reason and left for absolutely no reason. As did the cowgirl.

I've read season 3 and 4 were wrote by the one who wrote the first season so I'd expect them to be better than the 2nd. Still really enjoyed it so far, I'd love the Dutton main house :drool:

RedDevilRoshi

Finished binging Squid Game earlier today. Thought it was ok but certainly doesn’t live up to the hype when it was first released. Season finale was absolutely meh to the part I started to doze off midway through it. Don’t know if a 2nd season has been confirmed but either way not that fussed about it.

Still got another couple of days off work. Planning to binge the Marvel tv series stuff with my brother (Wandavision, Loki & Hawkeye) and try and get to both S2 of The Witcher & Sex Education.

3 seasons of Mr Inbetween done in 2 x 12 hour very quite shifts.
Brilliant TV , highly recommend it .
This is one show that I really want to watch but doesn’t seem to be available anywhere here in the UK?

EDIT: Just seen it’s now available on Disney +. Happy days! :)

Last edited: