Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Spoony

The People's President
Will give a proper opinion once I'm done with the leftovers but I cannot see how this comes anywhere close to The Wire. Just can't see it, but will wait, maybe something will change after season 1.

I tried getting through it but it was too grim for me. I know it gets better but I couldn't be arsed.

jem

Will give a proper opinion once I'm done with the leftovers but I cannot see how this comes anywhere close to The Wire. Just can't see it, but will wait, maybe something will change after season 1.
Bit of an apples to oranges situation. It’s like saying Sgt Peppers and Kind of Blue are 2 of my top 3 albums - hard to argue one is better than the other.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Bit of an apples to oranges situation. It’s like saying Sgt Peppers and Kind of Blue are 2 of my top 3 albums - hard to argue one is better than the other.
@Dirty Schwein's TV tournament will settle this, then the Leftovers and Wire fans will unite to bemoan the fact they got beaten by Breaking Bad.

redcucumber

That was part of the problem - all a bit too neat and tidy. Very disappointing.
When I first watched it I agreed, on repeated viewing however I like that it didn't try and do anything epic or abstract. The dysfunctional and corrupt system wins out but sprouts of hope remain.

United Hobbit

A documentary - MH370 The flight that disappeared

Someone at work told me about it today and just going to spend this evening binge watching the 3 episodes, having watched one so far

It's on netflix

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
A documentary - MH370 The flight that disappeared

Someone at work told me about it today and just going to spend this evening binge watching the 3 episodes, having watched one so far

It's on netflix
Thanks for the reminder. How was the first episode?

Andersons Dietician

Currently watching Black Bird and honestly this guy Paul Walter Hauser he’s incredible in everything I’ve seen him in. Even Cobra Kai as Stingray.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Currently watching Black Bird and honestly this guy Paul Walter Hauser he’s incredible in everything I’ve seen him in. Even Cobra Kai as Stingray.
If you haven’t seen it, check out ‘Richard Jewell,’ it’s about the security guard who found the bomb in Centennial Park during the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta & averted a disaster. He captures the essence of the real Richard Jewell so perfectly, it’s spooky.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Just watched Unlimited with Chris Hemsworth. I thought it was really good. Really thought provoking. The last episode is quite powerful.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just binge watched all 3, I found them all utterly compelling! Usually play with my phone when watching stuff, not this as I was so interested in it
The first episode was quite compelling, looking forward to watching the last two this afternoon.

United Hobbit

The first episode was quite compelling, looking forward to watching the last two this afternoon.
Let us know what you think! Seen a couple of people absolutely slating it but I really enjoyed it and didn't fall asleep so it must have been compelling!

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Let us know what you think! Seen a couple of people absolutely slating it but I really enjoyed it and didn't fall asleep so it must have been compelling!
I was really looking forward to it but had to give up 30mins in. Not because it wasn't good, quite compelling actually but the scenes with the family members was so difficult to watch, especially the French guy who lost his wife and kids. Incredibly sad

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just finished bingeing Fauda, quite liked it. To me it was a mashup of 24, Homeland, & The Shield. Fully expected it to be slanted a certain way & it was, but more in the background. At least it was to me.

Don’t think it deserved the lofty RT & Metacritic reviews, but it is a pretty good show. The episodes are short enough to be able to binge it. It is dubbed & subtitled in the States.

They have completed four seasons. If Netflix et al decides not to renew, the show ended with major arcs sewn up nicely, but there’s also definite room for another season or two.

Last edited:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
The New Party Down has picked up where it left off ten years ago. Ron is ridiculous.

Charlie Foley

About 6 episodes into The Glory. Really good so far but the bullying flashback scenes are horrible