Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Ralaks

The League is pretty funny I think.

The series revolves around six friends who participate in a fantasy football league. The show follows the friends, who will do anything to win, while also dealing with a variety of situations that occur in their everyday lives.
I know next to nothing about NFL but it didn't put me off enjoying it the slighest, would recommend it to anyone who likes it's always sunny. Humor is somewhat related I think.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Have you ever watched The Inbetweeners? the UK version not the US which is meant to be terrible. It might be the most obvious suggestion ever but since there a posters from all round the world there might be many who have never seen it. For me the funniest show of the last few years.
Yep I have!

Archer is brilliant. Watch it, watch it now.
Aight. Thanks.

Widnes

The second season is even better than the first. Especially the first and third episode of it are really great. The characters have been portrayed very well, Sherlock, John and Moriarty are great.
Have you seen Elementary yet? Think i am going to give that a go once I've watched these compare the 2. I would be shocked if it is as good but my old man does say it's pretty decent.

Revan

Assumptionman
Have you seen Elementary yet? Think i am going to give that a go once I've watched these compare the 2. I would be shocked if it is as good but my old man does say it's pretty decent.
Nope, never heard about it.

Revan

Assumptionman
Oh well I hear its good, similar thing Sherlock in the 21st century but in New York and a female Watson.
It's 7.5 in IMDB, for a TV Show that is almost shit (Sherlock has a 9.2 rating). I am not that much in Sherlock Holmes stuff though, only watched Sherlock and the two movies (featuring Downey Junior and Jude Law). I liked the TV Show more than the movies. Also, I like how Moriarti says 'Boring' in the TV Show.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Does anyone watch Supernatural?
I'm just at the end of Season 6, so have a little bit of catch up, but wow the end scene I really did not see coming.

prateik

I remember seeing the trailer for that on youtube a few months back. It was laughably bad.

Brophs

The One and Only
The League is pretty funny I think.

I know next to nothing about NFL but it didn't put me off enjoying it the slighest, would recommend it to anyone who likes it's always sunny. Humor is somewhat related I think.
Yeah, it's really funny. You wouldn't need to know anything about NFL to enjoy it.

Widnes

It's 7.5 in IMDB, for a TV Show that is almost shit (Sherlock has a 9.2 rating). I am not that much in Sherlock Holmes stuff though, only watched Sherlock and the two movies (featuring Downey Junior and Jude Law). I liked the TV Show more than the movies. Also, I like how Moriarti says 'Boring' in the TV Show.
I will probably give it a go, once I've finished see how it goes but not for a moment do I think it will be even close to the British version. Just watched the first of the second season can't wait to watch the next couple probably tomorrow night, it's some of the best tv I've seen for a while cant believe I've waited so long to watch it.

Only seen the first of the recent movies it was enjoyable enough but Sherlock is much better, maybe after season 3 next year movies might be a way to go with it as Benedict Cumberbatch has headed to the states it may be difficult to keep him on tv but also maybe difficult to transfer to the big screen with it been the bbc. Either way I'm hooked on it now.

Revan

Assumptionman
Only seen the first of the recent movies it was enjoyable enough but Sherlock is much better, maybe after season 3 next year movies might be a way to go with it as Benedict Cumberbatch has headed to the states it may be difficult to keep him on tv but also maybe difficult to transfer to the big screen with it been the bbc. Either way I'm hooked on it now.
Without him the TV Show wouldn't make sense. If he goes, then it should end. Anyway, I don't see how can it be a big problem considering that it only has 3 episodes (though much larger than normal).

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Finished the series, was another great show. Ending felt rushed, same with all the shows i have seen so far. Weirdly..

Was a great pass time for the past 3 weeks. Holidays now, so i can maybe get in 2 TV series in.

Maybe Arrested Development? and?

jem

Sons of Anarchy or Broadwalk Empire worth the watch?

Also The Shield?
Sons of Anarchy is sort of worth it. The first 2 seasons were good, but it's long since spiralled into a vortex of sweaty, man-hugging melodrama.

Boardwalk Empire is pure class, and I'd argue that The Shield is one of the best (and quite underrated.)

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I find it's more Mentalist than Sherlock but better than I imagined. Miller is perfectly cast although it is a pale imitation of the BBC's series.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I liked BBC's Sherlock I have to say.

Watching Justified right now, with Timothy Orphan. Plays a US Marshall that goes back to Kentucky.

Anyone knowing Dark Blue or Confessions?

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Sons of Anarchy is sort of worth it. The first 2 seasons were good, but it's long since spiralled into a vortex of sweaty, man-hugging melodrama.

Boardwalk Empire is pure class, and I'd argue that The Shield is one of the best (and quite underrated.)
Will give the Shield a first go, it has cops and detectives so something i would enjoy if it has decent actors anyway.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Very good acting in The Shield, and it's such a thrilling series. You'll most probably be hooked by the end of the first episode and will watch all seven seasons in a fortnight! Also what's great about it is that they stopped it just when they had too. The ending is brilliant, they didn't try to overmilk it, they managed to close most storylines and even though you're always frustrated cos it's finished and you won't get to see anymore new original episodes, you can't help but feel they closed it perfectly.

jem

Very good acting in The Shield, and it's such a thrilling series. You'll most probably be hooked by the end of the first episode and will watch all seven seasons in a fortnight! Also what's great about it is that they stopped it just when they had too. The ending is brilliant, they didn't try to overmilk it, they managed to close most storylines and even though you're always frustrated cos it's finished and you won't get to see anymore new original episodes, you can't help but feel they closed it perfectly.
It did carry a high level throughout its 7 seasons. However, I'd say the acting, while pretty good (especially Walton Goggins as Shane), is what keeps it from reaching the level of shows like The Wire, Sopranos and Breaking Bad. Well worth checking out.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It did carry a high level throughout its 7 seasons. However, I'd say the acting, while pretty good (especially Walton Goggins as Shane), is what keeps it from reaching the level of shows like The Wire, Sopranos and Breaking Bad. Well worth checking out.
Yeah I agree, I just think it's better than average. The guest stars they have through seasons 4 and 5 are excellent, and I think most actors are pretty good, even in secondary parts (CCH Pounder, the guy that plays Dutch, Acevedo, most of the strike team, Walton Goggins especially as you say) with a very strong central character. I'm not saying it's at the level of The Wire or others, it's first and foremost an entertainment series and should be judged on that basis, I believe. But it's a bloody brilliant entertainment show.

jem

Yeah I agree, I just think it's better than average. The guest stars they have through seasons 4 and 5 are excellent, and I think most actors are pretty good, even in secondary parts (CCH Pounder, the guy that plays Dutch, Acevedo, most of the strike team, Walton Goggins especially as you say) with a very strong central character. I'm not saying it's at the level of The Wire or others, it's first and foremost an entertainment series and should be judged on that basis, I believe. But it's a bloody brilliant entertainment show.
Agree with all that, especially about the guest stars. Forrest Whittaker was great in season 5.

Spoiler about the finale:
The most shattering ending I've seen. Mackey is fecked and he knows it - he has nothing left and has burned every bridge.

Donut

When is anything decent coming back?

Spartacus at the end of the month I think. Game of Thrones in April. Anything else? Any new shows that you guys are looking forward to?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
White Collar is also back this month. And Supernatural is coming back after a month and a half break.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The acting in the Shield is a huge drawback for me, it's so bland. Though I think they've been given weak characters to begin with so that might be unfair. Michael Chiklis doesn't act, he'd be more at home on Monday Night Raw. I've still watched 7 eps in less than a week so it can't be all bad but the acting's really annoying.

Dante

Average bang
I've come to the conclusion that Archer is my favourite show of all time. I usually find it difficult to rewatch things I've seen once but Archer is the only series for which I've seen every episode at least 3 times.

JohnLocke

The acting in the Shield is a huge drawback for me, it's so bland. Though I think they've been given weak characters to begin with so that might be unfair. Michael Chiklis doesn't act, he'd be more at home on Monday Night Raw. I've still watched 7 eps in less than a week so it can't be all bad but the acting's really annoying.
I thought for the most part the acting is pretty good. Chiklis isn't the best actor I've ever seen but Vic Mackey a great character for him.

By the end of the show the characters are pretty deep and complex.