Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Oh I don't doubt they'll have well thought out character arcs as the show develops and they'll be genuine, realistic characters by the end of it but they're just not good actors for me. That won't change. No question Chiklis was made for the role though.

JohnLocke

Can you have a genuine realistic character in a bad actor?

As I say, for the most part I thought the acting was of a good standard and didn't detract from the shows quality.

Dante

Average bang
It's been so long since I watched The Shield that I can't really picture the quality of the acting but I do remember an interview with Chiklis where he talks about his casting for the show. Up until that point in his career he was a bit of a jobbing actor who'd only really had schlubby dad roles in crappy American sitcoms and according to him everybody was shocked when he put himself up for Vic Mackey.

I do concede that you often do get overacting when you have actors trying to do cinema verite as ne'er do wells/sociopaths. Probably something to do with trying too hard to channel Tony Montana.

I don't recall ever feeling as though the acting was ever sub par though. I can only assume that Chiklis grows into the role in the later series. The likes of Jay Karnes, Benito Martinez and CCH Pounder are hardly lacking in acting chops either.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
They're showing the Sherlock series again here. Have to say, it is still very good.

Cant wait for Suits! One of the best tv show recently.

Into eposide 5 of Homeland, dont understand the hype yet. Hope it gets better

kps88

Is Justified a procedural? I've watched 4 episodes and they've all been a different case. I'm a big Walton Goggins fan, is it worth sticking with? Really not into case of the week stuff..

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Is Justified a procedural? I've watched 4 episodes and they've all been a different case. I'm a big Walton Goggins fan, is it worth sticking with? Really not into case of the week stuff..
In season 2 and 3, it will be a bit of both. I enjoyed it

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've come to the conclusion that Archer is my favourite show of all time. I usually find it difficult to rewatch things I've seen once but Archer is the only series for which I've seen every episode at least 3 times.
Oh I don't doubt they'll have well thought out character arcs as the show develops and they'll be genuine, realistic characters by the end of it but they're just not good actors for me. That won't change. No question Chiklis was made for the role though.
feck sake, I've got the entire collection in HD downloading, it's like a 30Gb file or something and is taking forever on my shitty internet.

Castia

Downloading Sherlock now it's getting decent reviews from pretty much everybody.

Brwned

It is entertaining R Kelly, that's the main thing! Just a few gripes but I think I can get over them. I don't think it's superbly written or acted but I can still put that all aside to go along for the ride with an assortment of hookers, serial killers, meth-heads and the like. It's the long-standing good cop/bad cop routine which is always a bit formulaic and doesn't leave a whole lot of wiggle room but there's still enough interesting nuances to make it worth watching. I like watching mediocre crime dramas anyway and this is better than them for sure. I just don't think it's all that so far.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I remember tuning in to The Shield once and it seemed to consist entirely of an angry bald man breaking down doors and being a bit of an arse, like a 24-esque version of The Wire. Put me right off continuing watching it.

Widnes

I've watched all the elementary so far it's quite enjoyable for a bit of fun & getting quite into it.

Not a patch on Sherlock though.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Season 5 of the Shield is probably the next best season i have seen of a TV series after The Wire's season 4. Brilliant tv, just amazing.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It is entertaining R Kelly, that's the main thing! Just a few gripes but I think I can get over them. I don't think it's superbly written or acted but I can still put that all aside to go along for the ride with an assortment of hookers, serial killers, meth-heads and the like. It's the long-standing good cop/bad cop routine which is always a bit formulaic and doesn't leave a whole lot of wiggle room but there's still enough interesting nuances to make it worth watching. I like watching mediocre crime dramas anyway and this is better than them for sure. I just don't think it's all that so far.
Well I've got 48.8% of it so I'm not giving up without at least watching a season to see!

I can get on board with stuff like that, I'd just heard people absolutely rave about it so had pretty high hopes.

Brwned

Well I've got 48.8% of it so I'm not giving up without at least watching a season to see!

I can get on board with stuff like that, I'd just heard people absolutely rave about it so had pretty high hopes.
Same on both counts! Though I think I might've just downloaded 5 seasons. I was just so certain I'd love it from what people said about it that I thought I'll just get it out of the way in one go. Though my internet downloaded it at 4 MB/s so it wasn't quite as much of an issue...

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The first season is kinda case of the week but mainly serves to set the tone for the series and introduce the characters. Seasons two and three move away from that.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Just finished watching the whole 7 seasons of The Shield, brilliant tv series - so many emotions through out. I felt it is the only series i have watched that had a real ending. Highly recommended it to anyone that hasn't seen it previously, it is a master piece.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Just coming to the end of the first season of The Shield and am really enjoying it already. Hasn't yet got the plot of Breaking Bad or the quality of acting of any of the usual suspects, but it is great in its own way. Vic reminds me a lot of Jack Bauer not just in terms of his role, but also in the sense that his mannerisms are similar (in particular, he has that 'you son of a bitch...' stare that Jack Bauer does :D).

The girl that plays Connie is a fantastic actress at times. The scene with her:

...going through the height of her withdrawal - that was superb. Contrast that with another impressive display of acting when she's high again and it's really good stuff. Another quality moment was that few minutes or so with Dutch catching the serial killer.

Basically, it's surprised me how good it is already given that the general view seems to be that it gets miles better. Before seeing such high praise of it on here, I would've thought it to be just another police/detective drama. It's significantly better than that though and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it develops in the coming seasons.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Started watching Arrow. Its quite entertaining and many DC characters will surely make appearances as the show progresses.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
They're better?
Without reading back over the whole thread, I can't say I've ever noticed a difference in standard between those with a lead man and those with a lead woman. In fact it's safe to say I haven't even thought about it.

Now I am thinking about it I would say that most DO have a male lead, although the Killign with a female lead was excellent.

So I'm still none the wiser as to Kououx's point.

Zen

Yeah I meant

Girls will do the trick Kouroux

I do apologize M'n'M.

wr8_utd

:'(
Justified season 4 just started 2 days back. I really think this show is even better than Breaking Bad.

Olyphant and Shane from Sheild :drool:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Modern Family is still the best comedy on at the moment.

Very much looking forward to the return of Archer next week and Jim Jefferies has a sitcom out soon called "Legit". He's great so hopefully it won't suck.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Without reading back over the whole thread, I can't say I've ever noticed a difference in standard between those with a lead man and those with a lead woman. In fact it's safe to say I haven't even thought about it.

Now I am thinking about it I would say that most DO have a male lead, although the Killign with a female lead was excellent.

So I'm still none the wiser as to Kououx's point.
I generally like to identify myself with the main character and I love shows like The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Shield, Deadwood ... Shows with strong male characters make me enjoy them even more.
I liked The Killing because we had a funny character played by that Swedish actor.