Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'm about halfway through Pachinko and it's absolutely amazing. Packs a real emotional punch after introducing and fleshing out the characters in the first couple of episodes, and the transition between 2 different eras is handled seemlessly. It's wonderful.
Sounds good. I assume subtitles will be needed for some or all of it? I only ask so I know what you download. Legally of course.

sepulturite

New trailer has been released for the Fallout TV show, looks fantastic. All episodes available 11th April.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Anybody watched Electric Sheep on Prime? Any good?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Finished Slow Horses. Fecking great show.

An absolute bastard of a tease for the next season though When Lamb says "One of my team just died." Who? WHO?! My guess is it's gonna be Shirley.

Roosney

Tehran on Apple TV is quite good. Season 1 was solid, well written agent drama thou it had a corny scene here and there but nothing too silly.
Two episodes into the second season, maybe quality has dipped a bit but still enjoying it a lot.
Buuu, the second season is pretty stupid. Glenn Close does a good job thou

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Just started Regime with Kate Winslet. Suprised that it’s a dark comedy but so far so good.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Whoever recommended Loudermilk. Thanks. Solid watch. No idea how i'd never heard of it. This thread is great.

sepulturite

I have just seen it and it looks epic, I have never played the game.
Yeh I'm seeing alot of people who never played the games who like what they see, which is great. Games are worth a go though, they're brilliant, especially 3 and 4, and New Vegas.

sepulturite

i have never been a gamer TBH , Football Manager is about all I played
Ah fair enough. It'd be worth reading up on the general plots of a few of the games to get an idea of the show though, especially fallout 1 (because it's set in the same place as the new show, and the NCR, New California Republic, who were shown in the trailer, originated from there), fallout New Vegas (the NCR, are massive in this game, and it'll possibly tie in to the show at some point, and the fact the show is set only 14 years after New Vegas) and fallout 4 (the brotherhood of steel are massive in this and it'll more than likely tie in to the show because it's only 9 years before it)

pauldyson1uk

Ah fair enough. It'd be worth reading up on the general plots of a few of the games to get an idea of the show though, especially fallout 1 (because it's set in the same place as the new show, and the NCR, New California Republic, who were shown in the trailer, originated from there), fallout New Vegas (the NCR, are massive in this game, and it'll possibly tie in to the show at some point, and the fact the show is set only 14 years after New Vegas) and fallout 4 (the brotherhood of steel are massive in this and it'll more than likely tie in to the show because it's only 9 years before it)
Cheers I will do :)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just finished season 4 of For All Mankind. Sublime series, utterly sublime song to end last season (M83 - Midnight City).

Last edited:

Reiver

Just finished season 4 of For All Mankind. Sublime series, utterly sublime song to end last season (M83 - Midnight City).
The M83? I think I saw them open for the Kings of Leon once, years ago. I have to say they stick in my head as one of the worst supporting bands I've ever seen.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The M83? I think I saw them open for the Kings of Leon once, years ago. I have to say they stick in my head as one of the worst supporting bands I've ever seen.
Not familiar with most of their music, but 'Midnight City' is a banger of a track.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
You must've caught him on a bad day, he usually puts on an incredible live show.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
7 episodes into Severance. It's very good, great cast too.

I hope it doesn't go the way of Lost/Westworld though. Where the mystery and intrigue was frontloaded and it fell apart the longer it went on.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
halfway though Slow Horses S3, it is fecking brillant 10/10
I actually just watched the first episode. Everything felt a bit on the nose and overexplained but I’ll allow it for a pilot. Also some weird accents going on.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I couldn't get past the first few episodes of Severance or Peaky Blinders.
Severance I get but Peaky Blinders? Shit was brilliant. Then again, I can also understand if it's not someone s cup of tea. Personally it's in my top 5 greatest shows of all time, even though it got weaker in the last 2 seasons.