Argentina NT | WC Discussion

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Timber a second yellow for an accidental collision with Messi? That shouldn't even be a free kick. But still if that was a red card. Argentina still would've had 2 more.
Accidental :lol: He absolutely knew what he was doing as Messi was bursting into space to receive a through ball.

Just remembered an incredibly high foot by one of the Dutch players on Martinez too. Luckily he made no contact but that should've been a red for reckless play.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Accidental :lol: He absolutely knew what he was doing as Messi was bursting into space to receive a through ball.
if that was on purpose then the Argentinian defender headbutting Gakpo in the first half also was on purpose and seeing that every Argentinia defender got a yellow, that would've been a second yellow

Pocho

Timber a second yellow for an accidental collision with Messi? That shouldn't even be a free kick. But still if that was a red card. Argentina still would've had 2 more.
Accidental? Who are you? Tony Montana?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The penalty given was very soft and nothing really was spoken of it. If that was Ronaldo we'd be seeing it over and over again and 100 different angles. Then the Dutch go up the field and a player appears to get tripped in the box and nothing given, and hardly talked about again. It just seemed weird to me. The one that was given looked softer than the one that wasn't...
Yeah. It's bizarre that trip wasn't replayed or discussed. And that Enzo Fernandez should get a red card as well.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Yeah. It's bizarre that trip wasn't replayed or discussed. And that Enzo Fernandez should get a red card as well.
Because it was a blatant dive. I don't even think the guy that went down appealed all that much :lol:

eire-red

So you justify ten subs running into the pitch to fight the opponents, ok.
What were they gonna do, just sit there? Maybe give the ball back to Paredes for a second go seeing as he missed the first time around?

Like I said before, Netherlands were happy to act just as bad as Argentina, but they weren't kicking things off on the pitch.

Anyway, scenes were poor for all involved. This is the scrappy side of the draw to begin with, it's a pity both teams weren't drawn against better opposition and both knocked out. Let's hope Argentina don't make it to the final and we can see some actual football played.

We should just be glad Brazil were knocked out earlier today and we won't suffer through 90 minutes of non-football and playacting.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
hahha say it without crying now
you guys are so shit that you'll get demolished by Croatia, so savor this moment. Messi will end his Argentina career crying like the baby he is

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How did the game go?

I've been drinking like hell and haven't watched it.
We are fecked against them.
You can't touch Messi without getting a card/foul. He can do what he wants. Play with hands, make fouls, provoke oppo players and shit. After some time in game i was wondering will ref ask Messi for permission to whistle fouls and shit.
The rest of team know dirty tricks which even Atletico Madrid don't know.

All is set for Messi winning it.

IFC 1905

You can't touch Messi without getting a card/foul. He can do what he wants. Play with hands, make fouls, provoke oppo players and shit. After some time in game i was wondering will ref ask Messi for permission to whistle fouls and shit.

We all know Croatia will win the game, and eventually the final.

Congratulations lads, hope it's the first of many to come.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
They are the Atletico Madrid of national teams.
A team full of scumbags.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Which is why love them at United. Let’s not pretend that we don’t enjoy their bravado and cocky attitudes. It’s why we’ve fallen for Argies at United.
That is classic case of; "he is a cnut but our cnut."
You "hate" those players when they play against you but you adore them when thry play for you

GinobiliTheGOAT

you had no business getting past Brazil, first shot on target was 117th minute. And you’re coming up with excuses ffs

IFC 1905

Only France can stop you. They are too strong and immune on that shithousery.

Anyone can beat anyone at these stages. You wake up with the wrong foot and you're out.

You're saying the referee was fovouring us when he was clearly an idiot for both sides, the 10 min add was hilarious. Messi said many things about him after the game, he said Argentina was scared of him, he knows Lahoz pretty well.

Conor

I love the way the Argies excuse for being utterly classless is that they felt that the Dutch were classless first, proper 10 year old stuff :lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
you had no business getting past Brazil, first shot on target was 117th minute. And you’re coming up with excuses ffs
If we lose (and i think that we will against you) we will shake your hands and congratulate you. (As i will to you here on Caf). If we win we will not celebrate in your face. We for sure will not run from the pitch without shaking hands (like Messi and co. did 4 years ago). But hey, that is how we look on sports. I can understand different way of looking at it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
They might celebrate like they won the the actual trophy but I don't see anything special with them. Don't think they will win it to be honest.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Anyone can beat anyone at these stages. You wake up with the wrong foot and you're out.

You're saying the referee was fovouring us when he was clearly an idiot for both sides, the 10 min add was hilarious. Messi said many things about him after the game, he said Argentina was scared of him, he knows Lahoz pretty well.
No, no. I was not saying that he was on your side. I was saying that he was shit for both sides. He favored Messi though :wenger:

GinobiliTheGOAT

If we lose (and i think that we will against you) we will shake your hands and congratulate you. (As i will to you here on Caf). If we win we will not celebrate in your face. We for sure will not run from the pitch without shaking hands (like Messi and co. did 4 years ago). But hey, that is how we look on sports. I can understand different way of looking at it
well you hadn’t been talking crap in the press all week leading up to this match. Having said that, Argentina acted like cnuts today and I hated it. No need for that when up 2-0, they became completely unhinged and back to back matches they failed to kill it off properly.

Try that Against Croatia who have the best mentality of all teams remaining and we will have a rude awakening on Tuesday.

best of luck! Modric is a god

forp27

Supports
Independiente
Wow, i'm seeing a lot of hate towards Argentina.

The players after the game commented that the words of Van Gaal and the goalkeeper had bothered them a lot. He basically minimized us, said that if there were penalties, the advantage would be theirs. Also, he said that with Messi, Argentina plays with ten men.

Trash talking is part of the game, and the Dutch players decided to use it both before and during the match. In the penalty shootout they wanted to intimidate the argentinian players. Thing is, if you lose, everything you said/did will turn against you.

Next stop: Croatia. Will be a tough game for us.

Last edited:

Sweet Square

Do you recommend the book?
Yep 100%, it’s brilliant Imo. It’s around 520 pages long but it’s goes back to the very beginnings, it also include a good deal of Argentina politics(Football and politics in Argentina are inseparable).

It’s doesn’t just cover the national teams but also club level as well. Was recently re reading a section about Club Estudiantes playing the intercontinental cup tie against Busby United(The games included 56 fouls which included Best getting punched, Charlton need stitches and Nobby Stiles kicking the shit out of everyone).

Mentioned this before on here but Wilson talks about how Argentina ideal form of football is more like a dance, it’s about a certain rhythm, then uses the example of the tango(Which partly originated in Buenos Aires, Argentina)and when I went to watch Argentina earlier this year, it was crazy how accurate Wilson description was. The game was so different to any other football game I’ve been to.

Well worth picking up.
I've heard nothing but good things about it and the rest of Wilson's work.

I just bought it last week.
The weird thing I never really like Wilson articles but his book are great. Will be reading his new book on the Charlton brothers over Christmas.

Last edited: