Argentina NT | WC Discussion

Pocho

Van Gaal said, before the game, that Argentina played with 10 with Messi in the pitch.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Messi bitching about Van Gaal after the match saying he talked too much. Feck it's so sad we didnt send this cnut home for good.
True that. I am a huge argentina fan but they just couldn't handle LVG tactics today. A comfortable 2-0 win was blown and they almost lost it. LVG is such a fecking good national manager.

eire-red

Yeah, now put the Netherlands players insulting and trying to distract them during the penalties. Or everything Van Gaal has been saying, their keeper...

If you talk too much, don't expect people to be nice to you.
When were they doing this? Players and goalies are always trying to put each other off during PK's. Seemed that Dumfries got booked after one of the Argentina pens when they were celebrating, and maybe he reacted? Couldn't really see it.

Both teams were happy to go at it all game, but Argentina were prime instigators, with Paredes kicking it all off in the second half, and again one of the Argies on Ake at the end of normal time.

Celebrating in the faces of your opponents after winning a shootout is one of the most classless things I've seen.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Paredes is a cnut
Whole team is like that. Paredes, Lisandro, Martinez, Acuna, Otamendi. And because of that they have huge chance to win this. England and France are two best sides left but Argentina with Messi, very good defence and with their antics and dark arts can beat any team.
They are typical team who you either strongly hate or love.

IFC 1905

When were they doing this? Players and goalies are always trying to put each other off during PK's. Seemed that Dumfries got booked after one of the Argentina pens when they were celebrating, and maybe he reacted? Couldn't really see it.

Both teams were happy to go at it all game, but Argentina were prime instigators, with Paredes kicking it all off in the second half, and again one of the Argies on Ake at the end of normal time.

Celebrating in the faces of your opponents after winning a shootout is one of the most classless things I've seen.
It might be classless, but when people talk during the mid of the week, and when they provoke during the shootout, if you're a bit passionate you're gonna end up getting carried by your emotions.

It's also classless to talk shit about Messi, about the team, saying we're scared like Van Gaal did. Look at the 2014 match between both and search for some disrespect: there wasn't any. If you provoke people who are also passional don't expect things to be nice.

Cloud7

Lots of sour grapes in here I see. Probably a lot of overlap between the sour grapes and the “Brazil should stop dancing” people

redshaw

To be fair Dumfries was booked during the penalty shootout for being a shit house so it's not like the Dutch were angles.
The Dutch keeper was at it towards Messi in his first pen during normal time as well.

As a neutral there was a lot of needle from both sides, it was a heated game and apparently a lot of smack talked before. Great match, great moments and goals with some fire. You can see in the heat of the match both teams think the ref was on either side such is the emotion.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Messi shouldn't have made the penalties, Paredes shouldn't have, Otamendi shouldn't have. But these cnuts somehow made it to the penalties and won, FIFA are probably satisfied by this

scottser

Is anyone else getting a bit miffed with 10 plus minutes of injury time?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The penalty given was very soft and nothing really was spoken of it. If that was Ronaldo we'd be seeing it over and over again and 100 different angles. Then the Dutch go up the field and a player appears to get tripped in the box and nothing given, and hardly talked about again. It just seemed weird to me. The one that was given looked softer than the one that wasn't...

lawliet354

Nothing makes me happier than LVG getting knocked out, guy cannot stop bitching since he left United. All those talk about football philosophy only to hoof ball when things go dire

Happy for Lisandro as well, Otamendi and Paredes though, the almost cost them this match. Should be a lesson to not get complacent even after 2-0 up

eire-red

It might be classless, but when people talk during the mid of the week, and when they provoke during the shootout, if you're a bit passionate you're gonna end up getting carried by your emotions.

It's also classless to talk shit about Messi, about the team, saying we're scared like Van Gaal did. Look at the 2014 match between both and search for some disrespect: there wasn't any. If you provoke people who are also passional don't expect things to be nice.
That's all part and parcel of football, the mind games element has always been there. You think England are innocently bigging Mbappe up because they like him? Or is that they want to mount as much pressure as possible on his shoulders and hope he crumbles?

You do everything to win, and once the game is over you shake hands and move on. You don't see the really classless behaviour often, and it's not nice to see. After the match, some of the pundits were comparing how Croatia and Argentina will be interesting because it will be similar styles, with streetwise, battle-hardened teams. I agree both teams are streetwise, but I think the way that both teams are streetwise couldn't be more different.

Uruguay at the end of the group stages is another one, those scenes at the end were bad to watch, and they, like Argentina, seem to love the play-acting, gamesmanship, time wasting and winding up their opponents. Atletico are the masters of it, and Simeone is their coach...

I'm probably biased here, but I just detest that type of football. I think the playacting, rolling around, surrounding the ref, timewasting and all of that is currently the biggest stain on the game, and something officials and governing bodies have a huge job to tackle and address.

You love it when it's your team and it's "passion". I love Martinez, but I wouldn't even be able look at his face if he was in another shirt. Netherlands were just as happy to get involved, but I guarantee that game plays out different if the Dutch aren't playing Argentina.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
You're right. We should have won it before.
No you didn't. Messi, Paredes and Otamendi all should've gotten a second yellow, but somehow didn't. Well somehow, Lahoz was clearly biased

Pocho

That's all part and parcel of football, the mind games element has always been there. You think England are innocently bigging Mbappe up because they like him? Or is that they want to mount as much pressure as possible on his shoulders and hope he crumbles?

You do everything to win, and once the game is over you shake hands and move on. You don't see the really classless behaviour often, and it's not nice to see. After the match, some of the pundits were comparing how Croatia and Argentina will be interesting because it will be similar styles, with streetwise, battle-hardened teams. I agree both teams are streetwise, but I think the way that both teams are streetwise couldn't be more different.

Uruguay at the end of the group stages is another one, those scenes at the end were bad to watch, and they, like Argentina, seem to love the play-acting, gamesmanship, time wasting and winding up their opponents. Atletico are the masters of it, and Simeone is their coach...

I'm probably biased here, but I just detest that type of football. I think the playacting, rolling around, surrounding the ref, timewasting and all of that is currently the biggest stain on the game, and something officials and governing bodies have a huge job to tackle and address.

You love it when it's your team and it's "passion". I love Martinez, but I wouldn't even be able look at his face if he was in another shirt. Netherlands were just as happy to get involved, but I guarantee that game plays out different if the Dutch aren't playing Argentina.
so you love when subs enter the pitch to fight opponents cause you didn’t mention that, maybe you should take a cold bath

eire-red

so you love when subs enter the pitch to fight opponents cause you didn’t mention that, maybe you should take a cold bath
Cmon man, aren't you leaving something out? Did they just randomly get up of the bench and start something because they felt like it?

Or was it because Paredes just booted the ball into the subs bench for absolutely no reason. Could have hit any random member of the backroom team.

Classy guy

GinobiliTheGOAT

Messi bitching about Van Gaal after the match saying he talked too much. Feck it's so sad we didnt send this cnut home for good.
come off it lvg had been running his mouth all week. Dutch’s arrogance is good to see the cnuts be sent home thanks to Argentina again. Dutch played atrocious football today.

Pocho

Cmon man, aren't you leaving something out? Did they just randomly get up of the bench and start something because they felt like it?

Or was it because Paredes just booted the ball into the subs bench for absolutely no reason. Could have hit any random member of the backroom team.

Classy guy
So you justify ten subs running into the pitch to fight the opponents, ok.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
The penalty?
Very light, but still a penalty.

But Messi not getting a yellow for this

And every time somebody touched Messi it was a free kick. Otamendi and Paredes not getting a second yellow. Messi should also deserved the second yellow.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Very light, but still a penalty.

But Messi not getting a yellow for this

And every time somebody touched Messi it was a free kick. Otamendi and Paredes not getting a second yellow. Messi should also deserved the second yellow.
Okay. What about Timber not getting a second yellow? What about incredible slide tackles by Argentina being penalised for no reason? What about the laughable 10 minutes added?

The ref was terrible for both teams but the Dutch at least benefited from his crazy added time.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Messi shouldn't have made the penalties, Paredes shouldn't have, Otamendi shouldn't have. But these cnuts somehow made it to the penalties and won, FIFA are probably satisfied by this
what a moronic take. Argentina were comfortably the better side, Messi gets the yellow for the handball he obviously acts different the rest of the way to avoid a second.

Dutch were absolute rubbish today. Anti football crap. They deserved to go home.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Okay. What about Timber not getting a second yellow? What about incredible slide tackles by Argentina being penalised for no reason? What about the laughable 10 minutes added?

The ref was terrible for both teams but the Dutch at least benefited from his crazy added time.
Timber a second yellow for an accidental collision with Messi? That shouldn't even be a free kick. But still if that was a red card. Argentina still would've had 2 more.