Argentina NT | WC Discussion

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
This all leads from that idiot Martinez constantly using Mbappe’s face everywhere.
Nah it's all down to the fact that the media here has been using Mbappes comments about South American teams having it easier than the European sides as fuel.

""Argentina haven't played games of great quality to reach the World Cup," Mbappe recently told TNT Sports Brasil. "In South America football isn't as advanced as Europe. That's why if you look at the last World Cups it's always the Europeans that win."

Martinez was thrown the doll by people already using Mbappes face so it doesn't track that Martinez started that stuff.

es-muellert

Supports
Bayern München
Do you really think he wants to comfort him? To me it looks like he wants to belittle him. And then he puts his dirty gloves, which they constantly spit into, in his face. Mbappe puts his hand away and then he just deliberately touches his face again.

This must have been so disgusting for Mbappe and I have the impression that he does it on purpose.
I mean you are recognizing that someone is feeling down and you go out of your way to try and elevate them?

He's literally just won the world cup (playing a starring role) and instead of just absorbing the adulation of his adoring fans he has the piece of mind to actively seek out and comfort the guy who he dueled with all game (the other person comforting Mbappe at that moment was the president of France).

Doesn't it take a certain level of maturity to recognize and act on those emotions in the heat of the moment?

I think Mbappe saw his real face and that what you are seeing with the off pitch theatrics is playing to the Argentine fan base personally.

TheGame

Nah it's all down to the fact that the media here has been using Mbappes comments about South American teams having it easier than the European sides as fuel.

""Argentina haven't played games of great quality to reach the World Cup," Mbappe recently told TNT Sports Brasil. "In South America football isn't as advanced as Europe. That's why if you look at the last World Cups it's always the Europeans that win."

Martinez was thrown the doll by people already using Mbappes face so it doesn't track that Martinez started that stuff.
All I saw Martinez holding yet another doll of Mbappe which I believed would have fuelled the flames. Didn’t agree with Mbappe’s comments but it’s scary how it can descend into this shite with effigy’s being burnt.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
All I saw Martinez holding yet another doll of Mbappe which I believed would have fuelled the flames.
Those events were occuring simultaneously and both were created by the fans.

I was in the middle of the Celebrations yesterday (For 10 hours) and I didn't see any pictures or masks of Mbappe and certainly nothing on fire.

Didn’t agree with Mbappe’s comments but it’s scary how it can descend into this shite with effigy’s being burnt.
I mean .. it's not that sinister. They wouldn't literally burn Mbappe at the stake you know. It's one idiot ( or even if there's 100 out of 45 million) acting like an idiot.

To say that signifies deep problems is a little extreme IMO.

It's only in reaction to the comments, there's nothing deeper behind it (for the vast majority of Argentinians) no matter how much people want to add something worse.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
All I saw Martinez holding yet another doll of Mbappe which I believed would have fuelled the flames. Didn’t agree with Mbappe’s comments but it’s scary how it can descend into this shite with effigy’s being burnt.
Again, 1 in 15 million in Buenos Aires burnt an effigy. It's not statistically representative of the entire country is it?

Being struck by lightning is 1 in 10 million as an example, it's like believing everyone in Buenos Aires got struck by lightning yesterday because one person did.

Try not to generalise or apply it to a whole population.

Some people (a very small minority) go to that level.

Remember when Beckham got sent off in '98 and people burnt things of his? very small % of the population btw but much more than Argentina right now. You will have a very small nut cases that do things like that but you can't extrapolate it and apply that behaviour to everyone.

Don't worry about one person burning an effigy, really it doesn't effect you, or Mbappe or Argentina. One (very stupid) person decided to do it for attention.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
:lol:
Do you really think he wants to comfort him? To me it looks like he wants to belittle him. And then he puts his dirty gloves, which they constantly spit into, in his face. Mbappe puts his hand away and then he just deliberately touches his face again.

This must have been so disgusting for Mbappe and I have the impression that he does it on purpose.
If this isn't parody its more evidence that people are going out of their way to hate on this guy

TheGame

Again, 1 in 15 million in Buenos Aires burnt an effigy. It's not statistically representative of the entire country is it?

Being struck by lightning is 1 in 10 million as an example, it's like believing everyone in Buenos Aires got struck by lightning yesterday because one person did.

Try not to generalise or apply it to a whole population.

Some people (a very small minority) go to that level.

Remember when Beckham got sent off in '98 and people burnt things of his? very small % of the population btw but much more than Argentina right now. You will have a very small nut cases that do things like that but you can't extrapolate it and apply that behaviour to everyone.

Don't worry about one person burning an effigy, really it doesn't effect you, or Mbappe or Argentina. One (very stupid) person decided to do it for attention.
I’m not applying it to the whole country, merely having a discussion. Thanks for yours and @RacingClub’s explanations.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I’m not applying it to the whole country, merely having a discussion. Thanks for yours and @RacingClub’s explanations.
No problem here mate, I'd give it to you straight (Like a pear cider, that's made from 100% pears) if there were widespread incidents yesterday but there just wasn't.

If I have a complaint yesterday it's less about the fans and more about the governing bodies responsible for the organisation of the parade (which was a disaster) and the media (who fed the fans full of misinformation all day) who managed to turn a great day sour.

Last edited:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I’m sure some on here will refer to this as ‘banter’

Meh, whatever they think they are doing (and am not sure they know), they only give more recognition/sympathy to Mbappe this way. This goes for Martinez as well.

Pocho

Wowww ten stupid fans doing stupid things. Surely in France nothing happened. I read that two french players were racially abused by French people, the bitterness in that tweet against Argentina is lame and pathetic.

es-muellert

Supports
Bayern München
Please watch the scene again and pay attention to Mbappe's reaction.

People usually don't casually touch other people's faces, especially not with these dirty gloves...
:lol:

If this isn't parody its more evidence that people are going out of their way to hate on this guy

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
People usually don't casually touch other people's faces, especially not with these dirty gloves...
Footballers touch each other faces all the time when they are consouling them mate, my internet is shit right now but if it wasnt I could easily a bunch of pics of it from the World Cup knockouts alone with a quick Google.

Edited to include;

Keepers always touch players faces with their gloves too, it's not some dastardy scheme to rub his spit soaked gloves into Mbappes face.

His actual actions are enough to criticise him over (if you are so inclined) without inventing bizarre subplots.

Last edited:

Pocho

I like how the guy made a conclusion about the whole country based on that video.
Did he make any conclusions about France based on people burning Argentina’s flag or based on the guy crushing his car into the crowd ? I’m anxious now

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Guys, there's no point getting worked up about every idiot on the internet

It doesn't matter how many times you argue your points, a new one will crop up. There's millions of them

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Was it even explained anywhere why Salt Bae was on the pitch? That was the most craziest/annoying moment maybe in whole WC.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Was it even explained anywhere why Salt Bae was on the pitch? That was the most craziest/annoying moment maybe in whole WC.
I'm not 100% on this because I thought he went out of "fashion" 4 years ago but don't a bunch of footballers frequent his restaurants? (I'm assuming he has restaurants)

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I'm not 100% on this because I thought he went out of "fashion" 4 years ago but don't a bunch of footballers frequent his restaurants? (I'm assuming he has restaurants)
The thing which is the most baffling is that he is not Argentinian. I would understand all this if he is some famous person from Argentina but he doesn't have any connection with that country.
What an idiot

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
The thing which is the most baffling is that he is not Argentinian. I would understand all this if he is some famous person from Argentina but he doesn't have any connection with that country.
What an idiot
If I had to guess (again) I would say he's got some business dealings in Qatar (maybe a high end restaurant?) that got him inside a VIP area (maybe just friends with a footballer though) and he managed to wrangle his way on to the pitch which is a joke.

Strootman's Finger

If I had to guess (again) I would say he's got some business dealings in Qatar (maybe a high end restaurant?) that got him inside a VIP area (maybe just friends with a footballer though) and he managed to wrangle his way on to the pitch which is a joke.
Aren't his restaurants in Dubai?

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
His antics last season at Old Trafford v Villa when Fernandes skied the penalty (Martinez repeatedly gestured towards Ronaldo and questioned why he wasn’t taking the penalty) was another masterclass in shithousery to be fair.

With penalties favouring the attacker so widely (~75% are scored), then I have no issue with goalkeepers doing whatever they can - within the laws of the game - to even the odds a little.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
His antics last season at Old Trafford v Villa when Fernandes skied the penalty (Martinez repeatedly gestured towards Ronaldo and questioned why he wasn’t taking the penalty) was another masterclass in shithousery to be fair.
Yup that was on the back of his antics in last year's Copa (specifically vs Colombia) too;

Before anyone cries tears of salt on behalf of Colombia ;

I can understand why it didn't go down well (especially the Bruno pen) but it's clearly tactical.

With penalties favouring the attacker so widely (~75% are scored), then I have no issue with goalkeepers doing whatever they can - within the laws of the game - to even the odds a little.
Agree, players can stutter runs etc so I'm all for keepers trying mindgames.

It's obvious that most of the the success around scoring is in the players head so why not mix it up a bit.

He will lose one eventually and the whole world will shit on him so it's live by the sword and die by the sword really.

Last edited:

IFC 1905

I’m rewatching the match right now. It’s incredible how to everyone was saying here this side is average, and that the next team was going to kick us out. Be it the Netherlands, Croatia, France. We literally toyed with them for most of the games, and we conceded few shots on goal, unlucky that they scored most of them.
The first time vs France is the definition of domination, something rarely seen in finals.

And as I said many times, the most important player of this team is Rodrigo De Paul. His individual performances are a mirror of Argentinas performances. He played horrible against Saudi Arabia. And played superbly against France.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
“The Team Argentina Should Play in 2026”

https://www.90min.com/posts/the-argentina-team-that-should-play-at-the-2026-world-cup

The number in brackets are the age of said players in the summer of 2026.

Goalkeeper: Emiliano Martinez (33)

Right Back: Nahuel Molina (28)
Centre Back: Cristian Romero (28)
Centre Back: Lisandro Martinez (28)
Left Back: Facundo Medina (27)

Midfield: Enzo Fernandez (25)
Midfield: Alexis Mac Allister (27)
Midfield: Rodrigo De Paul (32)

Attack: Alejandro Garnacho (22)
Attack: Julian Alvarez (26)
Attack: Paulo Dybala (32)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
“The Team Argentina Should Play in 2026”

https://www.90min.com/posts/the-argentina-team-that-should-play-at-the-2026-world-cup

The number in brackets are the age of said players in the summer of 2026.

Goalkeeper: Emiliano Martinez (33)

Right Back: Nahuel Molina (28)
Centre Back: Cristian Romero (28)
Centre Back: Lisandro Martinez (28)
Left Back: Facundo Medina (27)

Midfield: Enzo Fernandez (25)
Midfield: Alexis Mac Allister (27)
Midfield: Rodrigo De Paul (32)

Attack: Alejandro Garnacho (22)
Attack: Julian Alvarez (26)
Attack: Paulo Dybala (32)
You'd hope they have someone better than Dybala in attack.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I’m sure some on here will refer to this as ‘banter’

There is something wrong with Argentina... their economy is not in the right place.
World Cup should bring them happiness, togetherness and to motivate them instead of hating on some other player.

Real Name

Not only this annoying twat was on the pitch but was all over the trophy. Lisandro should have decked him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Funny seeing all the sore French supporters in this thread digging and finding things to complain about Argentina and their rightfully exalted fans. :lol:

Just take the loss on the chin and let it go. Posters trying to sour on others celebrations by trying to dig dirt on what some Argentinian supporters might be doing is frankly pathetic. All this outcry about Mbappe isn't about class and whatnot, it's about finding reasons to justify some posters obvious bitterness. Folks want to act like Mbappe himself hasn't acted like a cnut when his teams have won.

"Oh look they're making fun of Mbappe, what classless human beings". Stop with the obvious BS. I'm sure the lots of you are aware of Mbappe mocking others such as Haaland's celebration, Kane's missed penalty etc. Just stop it, let those happy for Argentina's victory celebrate and take your bitter selves out of this thread por favor.

French people burning Argentina’s flag, didn’t see you complaining or saying disgraceful behaviour or nothing.
He's a bitter French supporter trying to find reasons to justify his salt. The hypocrisy is astounding

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
It’s actually incredible how one country has managed to produce Di Stefano, Maradona, Messi and Rojo.

Football heritage.

Pocho

I’m rewatching the match right now. It’s incredible how to everyone was saying here this side is average, and that the next team was going to kick us out. Be it the Netherlands, Croatia, France. We literally toyed with them for most of the games, and we conceded few shots on goal, unlucky that they scored most of them.
The first time vs France is the definition of domination, something rarely seen in finals.

And as I said many times, the most important player of this team is Rodrigo De Paul. His individual performances are a mirror of Argentinas performances. He played horrible against Saudi Arabia. And played superbly against France.
80 minutes of brilliant football against a great team that showed nothing. Should have ended 2~0 but this is football and that’s why is the most beautiful sport on earth.

IFC 1905

80 minutes of brilliant football against a great team that showed nothing. Should have ended 2~0 but this is football and that’s why is the most beautiful sport on earth.
You must also consider extra time. Against both the Netherlands and France we were the superior team.

This was at minute 14 of extra time

:drool::drool:

RepardReece

Don't think i ever seen a WC winner as weak as Argentina . Lost agains Saudi Arabia , could't beat the Netherlands and France . And needed help from the ref more then once ( questionable penalty's ) against Netherlands Croatia and France .
Yawn

RepardReece

The fact that only the Netherlands didn't lost a game this WC ( and Netherlands was far from impressive ) should say enough .
That has nothing to do with Argentina.

They only got better through the tournament. Australia, Netherlands and France were all completely useless until they got a goal back very late on in the games. Croatia were useless for all of it.