Argentina NT | WC Discussion

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

Speaks about him seeing a phycologist when they got to the Copa Final, went from 7k followers to 2.1m in a day and he knew he needed to calm down and be focused.

Spent hours most days talking to the phycologist to help him on the field.

The interviews with Emi show how he is honestly, deserves everything he got, in another interview with Foster (you can find it easily) he said his dream is to win the WC (March) but he said... he just wants to play one game with Argentina at the WC and he will be happy, but he wants to win it.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club

Speaks about him seeing a phycologist when they got to the Copa Final, went from 7k followers to 2.1m in a day and he knew he needed to calm down and be focused.

The interviews with Emi show how he is honestly, deserves everything he got, in another interview with Foster (you can find it easily) he said his dream is to win the WC (March) but he said... he just wants to play one game with Argentina at the WC and he will be happy, but he wants to win it.
Yup seems to be a hell of a nice guy off the pitch.

His teammates and countrymen love him so he must be doing something right.

MostHandsomePlayer

And yet people were talking about how great the French team was. Well, they got dominated to be honest. It wasn't close. Same for Croatia. Only close match was Netherlands and even there they were the better side. In every single match they won in xG, including against Saudi Arabia.

MostHandsomePlayer

They have plenty of good coaches but AFA is not going to pay close to what European clubs can pay. Also, Argentina is a political basket case which means the fight for power and money in government and in organizations such as the national football one is *brutal.* A domestic coach is in the fray and thus many decisions are made for non-footballing reasons.
Still, having foreign managers is idiotic for any country with pride. As idiotic as signing up foreign players. But nobody seems to care.

GinobiliTheGOAT

I don't my mind a bit of taunting between fans, that's fun, but Emiliano Martinez is just a classless imbecile. Mbappé scored 4 times against him in 1 game, I don't think there's anything to brag about. Just enjoy your workd cup and shut the f* up.

3 were penalties with a 75% chance of going in.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

He comes across as very likable

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thank you!!

Can't wait for 2026 with Garnacho, Fausto Vera, Buonanotte, Luka Romero incoming, with the likes of Enzo, Julian, Licha, Cuti already settled :drool:
2 questions bro

Who are the young players to look forward to ? Not mentioning the obvious ones like Enzo or Garnacho.

Any good CB to look forward to ?

IRELANDUNITED

He's a totally average PL keeper but a monster when it comes to penalties, nothing more, nothing less.
He’s not a monster when it comes to penalties, he saved 1 out of 6 he faced in the final. What people seem to forget is that he was at fault for Mbappes second goal. He’s 100% bang average, he wouldn’t get a look in if Argentina had any half decent keepers.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He's a totally average PL keeper but a monster when it comes to penalties, nothing more, nothing less.
He will go down as an idol in Argentina, and he will inspire a generation of Argentinian kids that become goalkeepers imo.

Legendary Emi Martinez saving in a shootout in Copa America 2021 going on to win it.

Last minute save vs Muani in a final then saving a penalty in the final, would have got the Tchouameni pen too to help win Argentina the first WC in 2022.

He doesn't need to do anything the rest of his career now he's a legend, rightly so. Big props to him, in the big moments he made the goal seem so small.

I cant remember a GK having those great moments since Neuer in 2014 in the WC (overall Neuer had a higher level performance wise) but Emi had the Drama to make the WC final and journey a blockbuster even screenplays couldn't write.

I think the knock on effects is in 15 minutes we will see another great Argentina generation because of this team.

GinobiliTheGOAT

With one of the most famous saves in football history. France were thoroughly outplayed, still an incredible team.

the same mbappe who trashes South American football is okay, but someone throws a doll at Martinez and oh no he lacks respect

GinobiliTheGOAT

He’s not a monster when it comes to penalties, he saved 1 out of 6 he faced in the final. What people seem to forget is that he was at fault for Mbappes second goal. He’s 100% bang average, he wouldn’t get a look in if Argentina had any half decent keepers.
you clearly missed how he did against the Dutch in PK’s and the Copa America.

he’ll be remembered as a great keeper due to his WC performance and rightfully so

loris on the other hand was beyond shocking in the final.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
loris on the other hand was beyond shocking in the final.
Lloris was mostly good in the final (and during the whole world cup), his save on Messi heavy shot at the end of the game was extremely important. He just sucks at PK.

It's not only the shot he saved, but also the mind games he played before that (which is totally fine in my book, that's part of the game and the ref did his job by booking him).

He will go down as an idol in Argentina, and he will inspire a generation of Argentinian kids that become goalkeepers imo.

Legendary Emi Martinez saving in a shootout in Copa America 2021 going on to win it.

Last minute save vs Muani in a final then saving a penalty in the final, would have got the Tchouameni pen too to help win Argentina the first WC in 2022.

He doesn't need to do anything the rest of his career now he's a legend, rightly so. Big props to him, in the big moments he made the goal seem so small.

I cant remember a GK having those great moments since Neuer in 2014 in the WC (overall Neuer had a higher level performance wise) but Emi had the Drama to make the WC final and journey a blockbuster even screenplays couldn't write.

I think the knock on effects is in 15 minutes we will see another great Argentina generation because of this team.
He'll obviously be very famous in Argentina and was very good in this world cup, good for him. Some keepers are like that, totally average but look different with the NT jersey. Ochoa is one of them for exemple.

Lets say he's a totally average keeper in club football.

Pocho

Love Martínez, great great keeper, hope he stays for ten years on the NT.

Withnail

I don't my mind a bit of taunting between fans, that's fun, but Emiliano Martinez is just a classless imbecile. Mbappé scored 4 times against him in 1 game, I don't think there's anything to brag about. Just enjoy your workd cup and shut the f* up.

He's an absolute moron. How cringe worthy is that?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Happy to hear that he won't call it a da
y yet although it would be easy to quit Argentina after winning the biggest trophy that you can win.
Personally, I think if it is handled well (i.e. not impairing transotion), he should make the next WC in a ceremonial Bochini-like role and nail 6 WCs.

For a guy with his record, it would be well deserved. Who knows, he may well provide answers in certain circumstances.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Personally, I think if it is handled well (i.e. not impairing transotion), he should make the next WC in a ceremonial Bochini-like role and nail 6 WCs.

For a guy with his record, it would be well deserved. Who knows, he may well provide answers in certain circumstances.
I don't know. It just feels like he has nothing left to achieve now. To see Messi chase meaningless stats / appearance records / CL goal or assist record for the sake of it, seems a little pointless.

Pintu

Have you guys thanked Mourinho yet? Apparently he taught Dybala to track back and clear the ball.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Many people say that also there's a huge anti-francism (?) in Germany. Maybe that helped a little bit.
Definitely, they have quite a history with both teams, but seeing France losing played a bigger role than Argentina winning.

Source: Trust me bro.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
How?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

People will say we have them in every country. That's true, of course. However, Argentina has been the most graceless World Cup winner I can remember. From start to finish this group of players, as well as their support, have been chippy sows. This display is fully representative of their distasteful conduct during Qatar 22.

Real Name

People will say we have them in every country. That's true, of course. However, Argentina has been the most graceless World Cup winner I can remember. From start to finish this group of players, as well as their support, have been chippy sows. This display is fully representative of their distasteful conduct during Qatar 22.
I'm seeing this all over the internet (along with - it was all aranged and set up so Messi can win it) but can you elaborate that a bit? Especially the support part.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

I think it's a bit stupid (considering there's other videos of them burning pictures of Mbappé) but I'm more bothered by the racist chants and stuffs like that (don't mind the comment in the second tweet, it's obviously over the top).

I'm seeing this all over the internet (along with - it was all aranged and set up so Messi can win it) but can you elaborate that a bit? Especially the support part.
Elaborate on what? A guy holding up a giant black turd with Mbappe's name on it? What needs elaborating on? Look at the scenes @Oly Francis has highlighted.

From the off the Argentines have been peddling some victim mentality. Anyone who dared to even question their divine right to win this competition has been treated with contempt.

From their actions after the Mexico game, to their behaviour during and after the Holland and France games, it's been a showcase of winning without any class. Something Argentina's support has enthusiastically embraced, as witnessed by them fighting Mexican fans on Qatari soil.

Their entire Argentine approach has been marked by chippiness and a sense of misplaced bitterness at opponents. I am no fan of France. However, the obvious contrast with the wholesome afro beats inspired French victory four years ago is remarkable. I guess the difference between the teams is shown by the difference in characters between Ngolo Kante and Rodrigo de Paul.

I hope Argentina enjoy it's victory. Nobody can argue anyone else was better and it's sure worked hard to make sure many will never want it to win anything again.

Last edited:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I think it's a bit stupid (considering there's other videos of them burning pictures of Mbappé) but I'm more bothered by the racist chants and stuffs like that (don't mind the comment in the second tweet, it's obviously over the top).

Can someone translate the chants for non Spanish speakers please

Real Name

Elaborate on what? A guy holding up a giant black turd with Mbappe's name on it? What needs elaborating on? Look at the scenes @Oly Francis has highlighted.

From the off the Argentines have been peddling some victim mentality. Anyone who dared to even question their divine right to win this competition has been treated with contempt.

From their actions after the Mexico game, to their behaviour during and after the Holland and France games, it's been a showcase of winning without any class. Something Argentina's support has enthusiastically embraced, as witnessed by them fighting Mexican fans on Qatari soil.

Their entire Argentine approach has been marked by chippiness and a sense of misplaced bitterness at opponents. I am no fan of France. However, the obvious contrast with the wholesome afro beats inspired French victory four years ago is remarkable. I guess the difference between the teams is shown by the difference in characters between Ngolo Kante and Rodrigo de Paul.

I hope Argentina enjoy it's victory. Nobody can argue anyone else was better and it's sure worked hard to make sure many will never want it to win anything again.
From start to finish you said. So I asked you to elaborate on that.

During the Holland game you say? You're aware Holland players were taunting them during the penalties so they werent exactly blameless, on the contrary. One or 2 fights with Mexican fans? For a fight you have to have 2 group of fans.
All this chippiness and sense of displaced biterness are pretty vague points and nothing concrete. Not to mention divine right part and victim mentality. It's all in peoples' heads.

Of course Martinez actions are classless but you're pointing it out like they've done some horrible stuff during the tournament but couldn't back it up.

Real Name

Things turning ugly now in BA?
Clashes with the police, lots of injured, 2 people dead. :(

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Things turning ugly now in BA?
Clashes with the police, lots of injured, 2 people dead. :(
I think its normal.

First trophy in 36 years where football is religion, Maradona is a god there and Messi just won their WC securing his status there too.

4 million people out partying, they don't know how long it'll be until the next trophy, a younger generation not born for Maradona or too young.

People will be getting wasted, alcohol will bring out the worst in people.

You also have the police resources stretched way beyond capacity, and when things are that big in numbers you will get the normal shit like people stealing, looting sometimes, fights.

People do shitty things because in those kinds of crowds nobody can find you or make you accountable too.

2 in 4 million have died and alcohol might be involved.

This is also a time where people feel they can justify racism more (a minority) discriminate e.g. the French football team because they won a trophy we need to remember it's just a minority.

Real Name

I think its normal.

First trophy in 36 years where football is religion, Maradona is a god there and Messi just won their WC securing his status there too.

4 million people out partying, they don't know how long it'll be until the next trophy, a younger generation not born for Maradona or too young.

People will be getting wasted, alcohol will bring out the worst in people.

You also have the police resources stretched way beyond capacity, and when things are that big in numbers you will get the normal shit like people stealing, looting sometimes, fights.

People do shitty things because in those kinds of crowds nobody can find you or make you accountable too.

2 in 4 million have died and alcohol might be involved.

This is also a time where people feel they can justify racism more (a minority) discriminate e.g. the French football team because they won a trophy we need to remember it's just a minority.
Of course.

From start to finish you said. So I asked you to elaborate on that.

During the Holland game you say? You're aware Holland players were taunting them during the penalties so they werent exactly blameless, on the contrary. One or 2 fights with Mexican fans? For a fight you have to have 2 group of fans.
All this chippiness and sense of displaced biterness are pretty vague points and nothing concrete. Not to mention divine right part and victim mentality. It's all in peoples' heads.

Of course Martinez actions are classless but you're pointing it out like they've done some horrible stuff during the tournament but couldn't back it up.
Of course. The videos showing their chants and stuff are no evidence at all.

Okay. You have a view. I have mine. Lets end it here. Have a great day.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

Those kinds of fans are found everywhere in the world btw.

Real Name

In such a big support of course you'll have few videos of minority shouting horrible stuff and doing horrible things sadly. That doesnt mean their whole support has been like that. On the contrary they've mostly been the best set of fans in the tournament (Morroco support being the close number 2), from the sheer number to atmosphere in Argentina games.

You said they've been the most graceless WC winner, team as well as the support, from start to finish.
And as I said you couldn't back it up when I asked you to elaborate.

Cheers.

Withnail

It is not like he made it himself. Talk about drama for nothing.
Drama? I'm embarrassed for him.

Also your point makes little sense. He didn't have to carry it around. Being so mean spirited in victory, especially about someone who scored 4 past you, is a bit pathetic.