Argentina NT | WC Discussion

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I have no doubts now, if Di Maria was fit for the 2014 WC final, Argentina would have won it too.

Apparently Messi is not retiring from the international stage yet, we are potentially seeing a Copa - WC - Copa run ala Spain 2008-2012 from him and this Argentina team
Germany were missing 4-5 first team players themselves, including giving a guy his first start in international football in the final, only for him to be knocked out 15 minutes into it.

Let's not get into the injuries debate there.

Congrats to the Argentina fans, had a slight preference to them winning because of Messi. Fitting end to his international career.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

Pretty wholesome scored the winner in 2014 for Germany to beat Argentina in the final, supporting Argentina in the 2022 Final

I read that a film crew was following around Argentina this WC for a Last Dance style documentary is that true? or just speculation.

IFC 1905

Pretty wholesome scored the winner in 2014 for Germany to beat Argentina in the final, supporting Argentina in the 2022 Final

I read that a film crew was following around Argentina this WC for a Last Dance style documentary is that true? or just speculation.

Many people say that also there's a huge anti-francism (?) in Germany. Maybe that helped a little bit.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Argentina may be the most tactically flexible team ever:

https://archive.ph/lPSos
When was this mentioned? I mean about Argentina not having diversity in coaching?

Basically they export coaches to Europe and to the rest of South America. I know Brasil is now flooded by foreign coaches, a lot of coaches from Argentina and Portugal , too much for my taste, Brazilian coaches have received a lot of stick over the years, particularly after the 7:1, unfairly, but if there's a country in South America where there's a lot of tatical diversity and debate is Argentina.

Sometimes I feel in certain segments of Europe there's a stupid debate that thinks in Europe Tactics and in South America players, while in South America they have the tendency to think in Europe is only tactics and the players don't have quality, lots of stereotyping regarding this subject.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I heard Rio say this on his podcast/show, so looks like there will be one.

The Dane

Can we agree that Martinez is not someone we would want at United, and that has nothing to do with his qualities as a keeper.

Real Name

I watched this yesterday and it sent shivers down my spine and I'm not even Argentinian.

Ladron de redcafe

Yes, and Messi and the team just gave them an incredible storyline. Similar to how Jordan's last season panned out with him hitting the title winning shot that capped his second threepeat in his retirement match, Messi's journey culminating in winning the world cup at the age of 35 (with the amount of drama that they went through) is something you could hardly have scripted.

avgp_1

When was this mentioned? I mean about Argentina not having diversity in coaching?

Basically they export coaches to Europe and to the rest of South America. I know Brasil is now flooded by foreign coaches, a lot of coaches from Argentina and Portugal , too much for my taste, Brazilian coaches have received a lot of stick over the years, particularly after the 7:1, unfairly, but if there's a country in South America where there's a lot of tatical diversity and debate is Argentina.

Sometimes I feel in certain segments of Europe there's a stupid debate that thinks in Europe Tactics and in South America players, while in South America they have the tendency to think in Europe is only tactics and the players don't have quality, lots of stereotyping regarding this subject.
I guess it was one of those usual Caf kneejerk reactions after a team's loss. Argentina have always produced terrific coaches and Scaloni has been brilliant from the start, including their 2019 Copa run where they were unlucky to lose to Brazil in the semifinal. He has been exceptional except maybe for the substitutions in the final.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I guess it was one of those usual Caf kneejerk reactions after a team's loss. Argentina have always produced terrific coaches and Scaloni has been brilliant from the start, including their 2019 Copa run where they were unlucky to lose to Brazil in the semifinal. He has been exceptional except maybe for the substitutions in the final.
I mean you only need a couple of names here. Menotti, Billardo, Carlos Bianchi, Basile, Pekerman, Bielsa, Sampaoli, Pochettino, Simeone, Gallardo, etc. It's not that difficult, you only need to see a lot of foreign NT coaches in South America always come from Argentina, this shouldn't even be a discussion.

I may agree in Brazil the situation regarding top coaches isn't the same as Argentina but a lot of people who say that should try to watch Fluminense under Fernando Diniz, one of the most fun teams to watch in South America.

RedStarUnited

Can we agree that Martinez is not someone we would want at United, and that has nothing to do with his qualities as a keeper.
Watch De Geas pathetic attempts at saving the pens in the last final we were in. He gave us no hope. But when this final went to penalties most people felt Martinez is good for atleast 1 save.

The Dane

Because I still think that we should demand a certain morale standard and sportsmanship from our players and he possesses none of that. I would be embarrassed if I were a Villa fan. I can’t name a bigger cnut in football than Martinez and that stunt with the golden gloves with the whole world watching was disrespectful and plain stupid.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I don't my mind a bit of taunting between fans, that's fun, but Emiliano Martinez is just a classless imbecile. Mbappé scored 4 times against him in 1 game, I don't think there's anything to brag about. Just enjoy your workd cup and shut the f* up.

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I don't my mind a bit of taunting between fans, that's fun, but Emiliano Martinez is just a classless imbecile. Mbappé scored 4 times against him in 1 game, I don't think there's anything to brag about. Just enjoy your workd cup and shut the f* up.

Yeah that's just weird now.

Worst thing is Mbappe's club team mate and captain of the Argentina team just standing there.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Looks absolutely mad in Argentina right now
Absolute disaster in the city, parade route changed 10 times over about 3 hours this morning and then everyone eventually learned that the team wasn't going to arrive.

Heardy

Fully agree - I don’t mind a bit of Shithousery, but he looks like a right knobhead considering Mbappe had his pants down and slapped his arse. Martinez got beat by him 4 times and acts like he had him in his pocket.

Strats

He is taking it too far now.

Real Name

Because I still think that we should demand a certain morale standard and sportsmanship from our players and he possesses none of that. I would be embarrassed if I were a Villa fan. I can’t name a bigger cnut in football than Martinez and that stunt with the golden gloves with the whole world watching was disrespectful and plain stupid.
Yeah, just seen he brought some Mbappe doll too, he's proper weird.

Bus parade off?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
You lot are just bitter that Martinez stopped all those penalties.

No wait, that's my excuse. Maybe he's just a classless cnut after all.

BorisManUtd

Shithousery is one thing but Martinez has taken it too far, it's just classless and stupid at this point.

Pocho

He took it or somebody threw it into the bus? Either way is stupid what he did.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Funny all the criticism Emiliano Martínez received (some of it warranted), yet that clip shows us the humility and compassion shown towards a distraught and exhausted looking Mbappé, which has been completely ignored by the tabloid media. Good post.
It's easy to look fair play when you win.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
First he consoles him and then he remembers him again ("A minute's silence ...for Mbappe who is dead").
I guess it's just normal banter, but if they know there are cameras...
I dont think its disrespectul really.

Mbappe scored a hattrick in the final. It's a mark of respect for him.

Someone threw a TMNT at Messi on the bus he looked at it, realised what it was, smiled and threw it back (because he knew it was an Mbappe reference)

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Funny all the criticism Emiliano Martínez received (some of it warranted), yet that clip shows us the humility and compassion shown towards a distraught and exhausted looking Mbappé, which has been completely ignored by the tabloid media. Good post.
I'm just not a huge fan of the one eyed criticism.

First he consoles him and then he remembers him again ("A minute's silence ...for Mbappe who is dead").
I guess it's just normal banter, but if they know there are cameras...
Im pretty sure he's just playing to the crowd.

Nothing in it.

You can criticize him for it for sure but at least praise him with the same conviction.