Arsenal 2017/2018

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Wenger would most likely sell for 78 but I still think that Wenger is really desperate this year for the first time. He might be willing to take a stand. I know he gets endless banter as an accountant who cares more about money than winning but he is human.

He used to be absolutely adored by Arsenal fans. No one goes from a decade of adoration to what he experienced last year with the endless mockery from not just Arsenal Fan TV but opposition stadiums chanting " we want you to stay" and have that not affect them on a deeper level.

I personally think Wenger is ready to say feck Arsenal profits for the first time and really go all in trying to prove everyone wrong. Wenger cares more about proving people wrong than he does about profits in the end.
Sure, there is conflict of interest between shareholders who wants cash and a manager who wants to build the best team.

I like the man who is extremely interesting. The coach has made a very good job at Arsenal on the whole.

I have always respected the guy even especially since the club is no longer in a position to steal the best French prospects :D

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Sure, there is conflict of interest between shareholders who wants cash and a manager who wants to build the best team.

I like the man who is extremely interesting. The coach has made a very good job at Arsenal on the whole.

I have always respected the guy even especially since the club is no longer in a position to steal the best French prospects :D
I think there is a chance that Wenger doesn't even sell to PSG at that price because the only shareholder that counts is Kroenke and Kroenke is more about asset growth than short term cash. I think if Arsenal had made Top 4 Kroenke would just sell Sanchez but not making Top 4 actually makes Kroenke, as well as Arsene, more likely to take a firm stance against selling assets.

Do you want him? Give us Di Maria or Draxler ;)
No. Just no.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Wenger would most likely sell for 78 but I still think that Wenger is really desperate this year for the first time. He might be willing to take a stand. I know he gets endless banter as an accountant who cares more about money than winning but he is human.

He used to be absolutely adored by Arsenal fans. No one goes from a decade of adoration to what he experienced last year with the endless mockery from not just Arsenal Fan TV but opposition stadiums chanting " we want you to stay" and have that not affect them on a deeper level.

I personally think Wenger is ready to say feck Arsenal profits for the first time and really go all in trying to prove everyone wrong. Wenger cares more about proving people wrong than he does about profits in the end.
Thing we still have one big signing left in us.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

I think he's decided to call it quits after this season and is determined to sign off his legacy on a high.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Lucas Perez has had a bit of a meltdown after his shirt number was changed without his permission.

Seems he's on the way out. Feel a bit sorry for him as his opportunities have been so limited.
Can't blame him for it. He's barely been given the opportunity and now his squad number is being taken away. We tend to ignore at the feeling you get when you go through the ignominy of being left out of a squad, especially as a new signing in a different country. The only people who won't complain like he has here are the Winston Bogardes of the world.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
The pressure on Wenger next season if they start badly will be a sight to behold.

I think the fans have turned against him, and even the ones sticking by him are doing it more out of loyalty because of what he achieved rather then genuine belief in the man.

Loke

Supports
Arsenal
Changing his shirt number without telling him is a bit shitty. Why not just make a phone call?
Probably coz they knew he was on his way out so figured his number is just as good as free.

Either way, it's lame move from the club and should have at least let Perez know. What's even shittier is Wenger spending 17m on this guy and barely playing him/giving him chances. Why buy someone you have not intention of playing? Yet another weird one From wenger

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
AFCAMDEN, a person who is supposed to have some contacts inside the club, said on Twitter both Ozil and Alexis might sign a new contract.

fecking hate ITKs!

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I can see Ozil signing one purely because I can't see what other team he could move to, but I sincerely doubt Alexis will.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I can see Ozil signing one purely because I can't see what other team he could move to, but I sincerely doubt Alexis will.
Exactly. Basically, no one wants Ozil and he wouldn't be one of the key players like at Arsenal.

hubbuh

I was just watching highlights of the 6 - 3 Arsenal Liverpool Carling Cup from times yonder and had a blast from the past seeing Aliadiere up top for the Arse. Baptista is obviously the one everyone remembers from that game, but Aliadiere looked like a proper handful albeit from a 5 minute highlight reel. Anyone know what went wrong with him? Usual case of a flash in the pan?

Yagami

Good post resistant
What do our resident Arsenal fans expect of Wilshere this season? Will he be brought back into the squad or will he be off?

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Watched the match against Benfica earlier and I have to admit that their RB Nelson was very impressive. Was shocked when the commentator said he was only 17 years old. What do our resident Arsenal fans think of him?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Watched the match against Benfica earlier and I have to admit that their RB Nelson was very impressive. Was shocked when the commentator said he was only 17 years old. What do our resident Arsenal fans think of him?
He looks very promising. But so was Iwobi when he started playing for us. One step at time.