Arsenal 2017/2018

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
A dumb post in response to a dumb post. Liverpool are shit, their keeper is shit, their defense is shit, Klopps pressing will only get them so far and they won't finish ahead of Arsenal next season if even if we sell every striker we have and resign Sanogo.

And Mourinho didn't sacrifice the league, you were 6th all season because you were shit & Mourinho's no risk, 'stifle any game against decent opposition to death' mind-numbingly boring approach to football.
pointless.

you either know feck all about the game...or are just an Arsenal fan who has his head in the sand.

go learn about the game.

John_Jensen

pointless.

you either know feck all about the game...or are just an Arsenal fan who has his head in the sand.

go learn about the game.

Projecting somewhat there, i don't think i'll be learning anything about the game from you.

John_Jensen

just read your posts.

wishful thinking has nothing to do with what is.
And talking bollox is talking bollox.

And what is is Utd in 6th place, even after a total collapse from Arsenal & Liverpool shitting the bed at home against every bottom half team in the table.

Red Dreams

And talking bollox is talking bollox.

And what is is Utd in 6th place, even after a total collapse from Arsenal & Liverpool shitting the bed at home against every bottom half team in the table.
True. Klopp is a two dimensional manager. This is offset by a rapidly deteriorating Wenger. Bet many gooners were delirious he signed on another two years. ;) You are not keeping your key players.
You have a weaker squad.

That does not mean the scousers are winning the title. Neither of you are.

As for your opinions on Mourinho and United.

Its simple envy.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Liverpool fans are so damn giddy. If you read their posts, you'd think that their team finished champions last season instead of holding on to 4th by the skin of their teeth and that was when they played the least of amount overall matches out of the top6.
Honestly, that's really not the impression I've had.

John_Jensen

True. Klopp is a two dimensional manager. This is offset by a rapidly deteriorating Wenger. Bet many gooners were delirious he signed on another two years. ;) You are not keeping your key players.
You have a weaker squad.

That does not mean the scousers are winning the title. Neither of you are.

As for your opinions on Mourinho and United.

Its simple envy.

I watched a lot of United games last year, can't recall feeling envious at any stage.

Must gall Jose to finish behind a rapidly deteriorating Wenger having massively outspent him.

Morpheus 7

A dumb post in response to a dumb post. Liverpool are shit, their keeper is shit, their defense is shit, Klopps pressing will only get them so far and they won't finish ahead of Arsenal next season if even if we sell every striker we have and resign Sanogo.

And Mourinho didn't sacrifice the league, you were 6th all season because you were shit & Mourinho's no risk, 'stifle any game against decent opposition to death' mind-numbingly boring approach to football.
What are you on about, he clearly prioritised the EL at a crucial time of the season. We could have easily got third if we were fully focused on the league in the last two months. Shit sides don't win two trophies in a season, not to mention a European trophy. United were brilliant to watch from November up until the league cup final. We created a crazy number of chances but didn't have a clinical finisher. Jose changed to a more pragmatic approach after, not amazing to watch but won him the EL and made us hard to beat. We need to address the forward situation. United will be challenging next season. No Thursday football, Chelsea and Liverpool have to focus on more than one game a week. Spurs will struggle at Wembley and Arsenal have EL(it makes a difference). Jose will have a more settled side and is always better in his second season.

John_Jensen

What are you on about, he clearly prioritised the EL at a crucial time of the season. We could have easily got third if we were fully focused on the league in the last two months. Shit sides don't win two trophies in a season, not to mention a European trophy. United were brilliant to watch from November up until the league cup final. We created a crazy number of chances but didn't have a clinical finisher. Jose changed to a more pragmatic approach after, not amazing to watch but won him the EL and made us hard to beat. We need to address the forward situation. United will be challenging next season. No Thursday football, Chelsea and Liverpool have to focus on more than one game a week. Spurs will struggle at Wembley and Arsenal have EL(it makes a difference). Jose will have a more settled side and is always better in his second season.
And what was he prioritizing the other 9 months of the season you were in 6th position?

Red Dreams

same shit from the scousers. "We finished 4th"

yeah right. We qualify for the group stages of the CL after winning two trophies. They still have to qualify.

And has been said, I enjoyed seeing us play last season. Sure we needed to score more.

Speaking to a long time United supporter like me, he thought Mourinho may well achieve more than Fergie.

Morpheus 7

And what was he prioritizing the other 9 months of the season you were in 6th position?
Keep saying sixth if it makes you feel better. There was only a few points between second and sixth for most of the season. We have automatic CL and united will be remembered for winning 2 trophies last season. I'm confident we will be challenging next season.

John_Jensen

same shit from the scousers. "We finished 4th"

yeah right. We qualify for the group stages of the CL after winning two trophies. They still have to qualify.

And has been said, I enjoyed seeing us play last season. Sure we needed to score more.

Speaking to a long time United supporter like me, he thought Mourinho may well achieve more than Fergie.
You need to keep your bantz at least somewhat realistic for it to have any effect.

John_Jensen

Keep saying sixth if it makes you feel better. There was only a few points between second and sixth for most of the season. We have automatic CL and united will be remembered for winning 2 trophies last season. I'm confident we will be challenging next season.
Good man, what's the point of football without a bit of pre-season optimism.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Not with Wenger in charge. They will bottle it and pick up their game when all is lost only to fool their fans once again.
He's hardly a shite manager, if he has the right players he'll get them to challenge but he's been abysmal in the market for years now. Despite this he's overachieved with weak squads. One thing you can count on Arsenal to do is smash the little teams.

If he manages to keep Sanchez and signs Lacazette and has a stable defence there's no reason why they shouldn't. Easily one of the best attacks in the league.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I swear it's become normal on here every Summer for people to talk-up Arsenal's title chances. I remember getting chased out of a pre-season thread by United fans when I said they wouldn't challenge for the league after they beat Lyon 6-0 or something. It's really weird. Until Wenger leaves they will never challenge for the title.

AshRK

He's hardly a shite manager, if he has the right players he'll get them to challenge but he's been abysmal in the market for years now. Despite this he's overachieved with weak squads. One thing you can count on Arsenal to do is smash the little teams.

If he manages to keep Sanchez and signs Lacazette and has a stable defence there's no reason why they shouldn't. Easily one of the best attacks in the league.
Never said he is a shite manager. Have immense respect for him. But I cannot see him winning the league. And even if they keep Sanchez and ozil , their mentality still remains weak for a so called big club.

John_Jensen

Are you optimistic for next season? What are your expectations at the moment for Arsenal?
Depends what happens with Sanchez and who else comes in obviously. I fully expect to get back into the top 4 next season and a trophy would be nice.

izec

Lacazette is a good buy for Arsenal and someone who fits them well. A 20+ goals a season striker. Him and Sanchez would be a nice duo

Moonred

Lacazette will just be another Giroud with different play style. All depends on Sanchez, the only world class player in their team.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Even if they kept Sanchez, Ozil and get Lacazette, I don't think Arsenal will win the title. They lack that mental edge under Wenger to do so, but they will definitely make top 4 with those players and few injuries.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Lacazette will just be another Giroud with different play style. All depends on Sanchez, the only world class player in their team.
If we replaced Sanchez with Lemar, Mahrez and Lacazette i wouldn't consider it a bad transfer window, tbh. The fact is that Alexis is not easy to replace.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Don't think it is true because it would be just crazy from Arsenal to do it, but there are reports about a new offer for Mbappe around 140 mil.

Z_Wolf

I watched a lot of United games last year, can't recall feeling envious at any stage.

Must gall Jose to finish behind a rapidly deteriorating Wenger having massively outspent him.
Wenger was the third highest spender last summe and yet he finished fifth. All the clubs that finished above Arsenal bar City spent less than Arsenal. Wenger has been failing for more than a decade, Jose was a champ 2 seasons ago.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think any sane Arsenal fan is expecting us to challenge seriously for the title next season. If United fans want to talk up our chances then more power to them, but it's misrepresentation to claim it's Arsenal fans bigging ourselves up

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't think any sane Arsenal fan is expecting us to challenge seriously for the title next season. If United fans want to talk up our chances then more power to them, but it's misrepresentation to claim it's Arsenal fans bigging ourselves up
All 5 of you?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I'd be underwhelmed if I was an Arsenal fan. There's nothing in Lacazette's career that suggests he's going to tear it up in the Premier League. They're paying an inflated sum (standard these days) for a fairly average striker (which reflects the fact they're in the Europa League). They're seriously understrength if Sanchez goes.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I'd be underwhelmed if I was an Arsenal fan. There's nothing in Lacazette's career that suggests he's going to tear it up in the Premier League. They're paying an inflated sum (standard these days) for a fairly average striker (which reflects the act they're in the Europa League). They're seriously understrength if Sanchez goes.
Don't think we are only getting Lacazette upfront.