g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Arsenal 2018/19

Fosu-Mens

Probably not hardworking enough for his taste, or higher-ups told him to do that to chase him out and rid themselves of that 350k/week.

It’s weird, you’d think an assist machine like Ozil would make a perfect combo with Auba.
Needs hardworking players to make up for Xhakas misplaced passes, and to protect their Jonesesque centrebacks.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why is ozil being frozen out?
I'm convinced they are trying to force him out. He has been decent when he has played this season. Yes, he's not the most hardworking player but to constantly leave him out of the squad is bullshit.

Probably not hardworking enough for his taste, or higher-ups told him to do that to chase him out and rid themselves of that 350k/week.

It’s weird, you’d think an assist machine like Ozil would make a perfect combo with Auba.
I'm convinced they are trying to force him out. He has been decent when he has played this season. Yes, he's not the most hardworking player but to constantly leave him out of the squad is bullshit.
I feel like creative players like him should be given an exception. Ozil will always create, they need to find a workhorse from somewhere to cover for him.

el3mel

What ? Are people sill convincing themeselves they have progressed and are now different from Wenger last years ?

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Lucas Torreira reminds me of when Liverpool fans had a love affair with Lucas Leiva. Decent player at best. Overhyped as they have nothing else to cling onto.

That's completely false. It never works like that. Teams rarely buy for the sake of it, specially when it comes to a striker who costs so much money. Like I said, you're delusional
You think there isn't a side in Europe who have needed a top striker in the past year?

There is no way Aubameyang would have moved to Arsenal if he was one.

Arsenal would be nowhere near fighting for top 4 if it wasn't for their forward players.

Already saying they only score v likes of Burnley/Huddersfield but both pretty much won the game v Spurs and were also good v Man United (albeit Mourinho led).

Look at Arsenal's keeper, defence and midfield options. Nowhere near as good as those teams above them and their options.
Nothing new then. They were achieving this level with Giroud and Walcott in the frontline.

AJ10

Bunch of average players are returning to their normal level, Shocker. Take Obama and Laza from their team and they wouldn't look out of sort with the likes of west ham etc...

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Bunch of average players are returning to their normal level, Shocker. Take Obama and Laza from their team and they wouldn't look out of sort with the likes of west ham etc...
You lose a lot of explosive pace up front if you take Obama out the team.

Canagel

Their midfield is crap. Zero creativity. What's the point of top striker if you're not going to supply him from midfield? Ozil was laying on the chances for crap strikers like Giroud and now they have got top striker there's nothing in midfield.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
What ? Are people sill convincing themeselves they have progressed and wre now different from Wenger last years ?
I dunno if any of those Emery worshippers are still here. Arsenal were atleast good value at home last season, they were the 2nd best team and only got seriously outplayed by City. They lost 2 games at home and one of them was against us where De Gea broke a goalkeeping record.

Imran Mamdani

its funny when you think we were a shambles until Ole came, yet if we manage a +3 win against spuds we'd leapfrog the gooners. bah!

AshRK

Our fans are pathetic and i am ashamed to support Arsenal. Bunch of snowflakes who pretend to be competitive after 14 years of shit. I do really hope we get relegated so we can get rid of the cnuts like Arsenal Fan TV and many others. They are the cancer at our club.
I do agree with this. The delusion started in 2009 when many said their club is hardly a force but their fans were in denial. Wenger's poor mentality translated to them. I still prefer arsenal to the likes of Chelsea, city and liverpool but some.of their fans make it hard to cheer for them.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The unfortunate reality for them is they just don't have many good players. And if/when they sort all the other areas out the likes of Aubameyang will probably be finished. Tough times for them, they desperately need to win the Europa to get some CL money.
Ôzil, Aubamayang and Lacazette (and Ramsey maybe) are great players, the rest are painfully mediocre and its been the same for about a decade. Some top, top talent surrounded by dross and it's been quite a while since Arsenal had a defense that was not complete shit. We could moan about the Glazers, but they are like generous Gods compared to the stingy cnuts that own Arsenal

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lucas Torreira reminds me of when Liverpool fans had a love affair with Lucas Leiva. Decent player at best. Overhyped as they have nothing else to cling onto.

You think there isn't a side in Europe who have needed a top striker in the past year?
Tell me which top European side seriously needed a striker like Aubameyang when he was available ?

You lose a lot of explosive pace up front if you take Obama out the team.
This comment is underrated. Very underrated :D

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Tell me which top European side seriously needed a striker like Aubameyang when he was available ?
Aubameyang was already available during the previous summer. United, Atletico, Chelsea, Arsenal all bought other expensive strikers during that window.

I don't mean to bash him btw, I think in he's right up there in the tier below the top 3-4 strikers.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Aubameyang was already available during the previous summer. United, Atletico, Chelsea, Arsenal all bought other expensive strikers during that window.

I don't mean to bash him btw, I think in he's right up there in the tier below the top 3-4 strikers.
I definitely agree with you tbh. That doesn't make him average though now does it ? United and Chelsea fecked up big time with their signings (i know hindsight is easy :D)

haram

They have been dying for Auba and Lacazette to play together and then look what happens :lol:.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The fact that Emery with that squad managed to surpass us under Mourinho just highlights the absolute clusterfeck the man was.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I do agree with this. The delusion started in 2009 when many said their club is hardly a force but their fans were in denial. Wenger's poor mentality translated to them. I still prefer arsenal to the likes of Chelsea, city and liverpool but some.of their fans make it hard to cheer for them.
Arsenal fans are pathetic if they think a donkey can become a horse unless you do really replace him with a real horse. It's really getting on my nerves to be among so many fickle and reactionary fans. fecking people who pretend Emery can make us title contenders in 6 months, when the likes of Klopp and Pep needed at least 1 year to do it with better squads.

JMack1234

Wenger-ness is in the bones of that club and it'll take a long time for it to be sucked out. I personally wouldn't be all that surprised it Arsenal won the Europa League because this is quite a weak Europa League.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Arsenal fans are pathetic if they think a donkey can become a horse unless you do really replace him with a real horse. It's really getting on my nerves to be among so many fickle and reactionary fans. fecking people who pretend Emery can make us title contenders in 6 months, when the likes of Klopp and Pep needed at least 1 year to do it with better squads.
1 year and more money than some nations have as a military budget.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Their smugness re: Mkhitaryan didn’t take long to wither into complete nothingness, did it? He’s being lampooned by Arsenal fans now as being not good enough, despite them having gaping creative holes that need filling.

haram

Their smugness re: Mkhitaryan didn’t take long to wither into complete nothingness, did it? He’s being lampooned by Arsenal fans now as being not good enough, despite them having gaping creative holes that need filling.
Good luck to Arsenal trying to get rid of him on over 200k a week. He should be playing for AC Milan on less than half of that.

Djemba-Djemba

I imagine the eventual demise of wenger will have broken him. He was all in.
Yeah maybe, would have been fascinating to see if he was still pro Wenger even when it was obvious he was finished.

He was a massive WUM and so always at risk of getting banned, but he was a decent poster when he wanted to be.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
The smugness was only in response to all those United fans rubbing it in about getting Sanchez. At the time of the transfer what Arsenal fan was smug that we lost Sanchez and got Mkhi in return?

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Wenger-ness is in the bones of that club and it'll take a long time for it to be sucked out. I personally wouldn't be all that surprised it Arsenal won the Europa League because this is quite a weak Europa League.
The Europa League won by United surely has to be the easiest run of games ever for any winner.

Djemba-Djemba

The Europa League won by United surely has to be the easiest run of games ever for any winner.
One of the few good things about Mourinho was that during his reign we tended to always get fairly comfortable cup draws no matter the competition. He was lucky in that sense.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sven Mislintat is rumoured to leave them already. What do the resident Arsenal fans think about this?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Sven Mislintat is rumoured to leave them already. What do the resident Arsenal fans think about this?
I can't imagine a more frustrating job for a top talent scout. It'd be like a model scout being confined to a nunnery - Pointless.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It must be hard endlessly recommending players only to be told there is no money.