Arsenal 2020/21 - General Discussion

Irwin99

Can I just start by saying I do think you are better, you are a more settled & experienced team, I just don't think there's a massive gap between the first XI's that the league tables suggest, although we are exactly where we deserve to be.

As for our starting XI, i would pick something like this, but there's debatable positions, such as Auba / Laca or Smith-Rowe / Pepe / Martinell..

--------------------------Leno-----------------------

Bellerin-------Luiz--------Gabriel-------Tierney

------------------Partey------Xhaka-------------

----Saka-----------Odegaard----------Smith-Rowe

---------------------Aubameyang----------------

Even if we have a full team I'd make you favourites, because I simply can't trust or predict when this Arsenal team will decide to perform. We could make it a really competitive game, or we could just as easily lose a goal from playing out from the back, score an og, get a man sent off & lose 4-0!
That isn't a bad side if you can get your players back fit and provided you get past the semis. I would rather face Villarreal because I get the feeling you'd be more aggressive in the press and fitter. You'd also have to hope Luiz has a blinder against Cavani and Pogba/Bruno have an off day.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
That isn't a bad side if you can get your players back fit and provided you get past the semis. I would rather face Villarreal because I get the feeling you'd be more aggressive in the press and fitter. You'd also have to hope Luiz has a blinder against Cavani and Pogba/Bruno have an off day.
Isn't Luiz out for the rest of the season?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal for sale story is getting more legs every day. There seems to be a lot more smoke with this story. It will be interesting to see if there fire here.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Someone told me on here that he didn't like London.

I think he'd be a good appointment for Spurs or Arsenal, maybe he's not the most exciting coach but he won silverware at his last 2 clubs in the first season and got sacked anyway.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just bite the bullet, accept drab football in exchange for results and give Allegri whatever the feck he asks for

mu4c_20le

Karen Carney summed it up in injury time when she said Arsenal had 3 minutes left to save their season.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I would avoid twitter for several months if I were an Arsenal fan.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Was always going to be rejected unfortunately... It would take a few more years of rot and an increased offer to make him let go.

Halftrack

I don't see how a guy with an estimated net worth of $3.6bn could afford to by Arsenal for £2bn, especially seeing as how most of his net worth is tied up in Spotify.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't see how a guy with an estimated net worth of $3.6bn could afford to by Arsenal for £2bn, especially seeing as how most of his net worth is tied up in Spotify.
Arsenal fans repeatedly playing "if I could turn back time" by Cher.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Pretty sure he's not going to spend half his worth on his own and hope for the better. There would be many sponsors and partners attached to it in various forms.

Halftrack

Pretty sure he's not going to spend half his worth on his own and hope for the better. There would be many sponsors and partners attached to it in various forms.
Either that or a leveraged buyout.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Potentially one point off 6th going into the final day.

FFS. :lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Cannot fecking believe this :lol:
They genuinely could come 6th. Everton and Spurs away to city and Leicester could easily lose. West Ham with a decent fixture but in poor form.
It’s a beautiful thing to watch. Peak Arsenal comedy. The one and only positive the gooners I know were taking from this season is avoiding Thursday night shite to have a proper crack at the league (meaning top four) Now they’re defying all the odds to almost guarantee an even worse cup competition than the Europa. Not to mention nailing down Arteta for another season. Hilarious.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
1 point off 6th having lost THIRTEEN games. Mental.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It’s a beautiful thing to watch. Peak Arsenal comedy. The one and only positive the gooners I know were taking from this season is avoiding Thursday night shite to have a proper crack at the league (meaning top four) Now they’re defying all the odds to almost guarantee an even worse cup competition than the Europa. Not to mention nailing down Arteta for another season. Hilarious.
6th gets them normal europa still dosen't it? Yeah it's 7th no team bar perhaps Everton really want as that just seems a pointless competition with no CL if you win it.

I can certainly see them finishing above Spurs and Everton just looking at the fixtures all three have on final day but West Ham should still be top 6 although they're choking a fair bit.